This Whole Mess in Europe, Abroad

Il Terra Di Agea

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not...now that the war is on...plan it out...both sides meet with each other, talk to each other and try to cooperate to write something worth reading instead of a freaking OOC argument and !@#$%^&*.

I wouldn't mind doing this however the thing is more allies might get involved which can change/turn the tide of war.

I wouldn't mind doing this however the thing is more allies might get involved which can change/turn the tide of war.

Then as they join, they join into the planning. The point is, is that you aren't foreign powers, you're RPing as foreign powers, and you're writers who are perfectly capable of sitting down together, deciding on a chain of events, and writing those events out tactically and with finesse. You aren't enemies that can't bare to look at each other, you're players and writers. Make a story that people want to read, it doesn't have to be Pulitzer Prize, but anything is better than the OOC garbage that you people are doing right now. Stop trying to one up each other, stop trying to bully people out, just write, have fun and write. People dont' come on here to get headaches, they come on here to enjoy themselves. You can be the villain or the hero of this story, but you still would rather not !@#$%* at each other right? Plan it out. Plan it as it rolls, plan as more people come it. You can do it, if you can start the war, you can plan the war.

One problem is, nobody wants to lose, and planning a war where you lose is just as bad as giving up in my opinion. My philosophy is to plan a basic IDEA for a war, then let well written IC tactics win it. Get OOC confirmation that a war is going to happen, the proverbial shake hands, and "may the best man win" kind of deal.

I don't support the OOC !@#$-fest we get now.

Edited by BaronUberstein

One problem is, nobody wants to lose, and planning a war where you lose is just as bad as giving up in my opinion.

No, see that's the problem that everyone has. People have to learn to lose with dignity. Its not giving up, you're more worried about winning than writing something you can have fun with and look what happens. You have a !@#$ storm, you have !@#$%*ing and you don't have a war, you have OOC arguments that lead to feuds. Who cares if you lose, maybe the planning will change as the war continues, maybe the story will change. You guys don't even want to give it a try, you just want to keep sloshing through this garbage, that's fine. But there's some 17 pages and really nothing has happened. A lot of arguments a lot of people apologizing for things they lost their cool for. That's not fun, that's not why you guys come on here is it?

If you learn to lose and learn to write an RP without arguing, people will do more war RPs, more stories can be created, more characters. You won't lose all the time, and to the people that godmod to win, to the people that refuse to ever lose anything they do, its a shame that humility can't grace your country. People talk about how CNRP is boring and dull nowadays, that can change, you just need to learn to cooperate. To win without totally destroying people. Look at the older wars, countries weren't reduced to rubble, their dignity was just hurt. People can lose, people can win. Its better not to !@#$%* and people say, that war was awesome than just a damn !@#$-sling.

No, see that's the problem that everyone has. People have to learn to lose with dignity. Its not giving up, you're more worried about winning than writing something you can have fun with and look what happens. You have a !@#$ storm, you have !@#$%*ing and you don't have a war, you have OOC arguments that lead to feuds. Who cares if you lose, maybe the planning will change as the war continues, maybe the story will change. You guys don't even want to give it a try, you just want to keep sloshing through this garbage, that's fine. But there's some 17 pages and really nothing has happened. A lot of arguments a lot of people apologizing for things they lost their cool for. That's not fun, that's not why you guys come on here is it?

If you learn to lose and learn to write an RP without arguing, people will do more war RPs, more stories can be created, more characters. You won't lose all the time, and to the people that godmod to win, to the people that refuse to ever lose anything they do, its a shame that humility can't grace your country. People talk about how CNRP is boring and dull nowadays, that can change, you just need to learn to cooperate. To win without totally destroying people. Look at the older wars, countries weren't reduced to rubble, their dignity was just hurt. People can lose, people can win. Its better not to !@#$%* and people say, that war was awesome than just a damn !@#$-sling.

I'm not supporting the arguing, I'm supporting a proper IC war, where nobody knows exactly what is going to happen, but both sides will try their best IC to win. I've lost before, in fact I've had a good amount of time's I've lost and still had fun (Many CoH games ended like that), but I'm not going to TRY to lose.

It's like a game of paintball, you don't plan out which side is going to win first, but you're not going to cheat. You go to your sides of the playing field, and the results are honest and true at the end of the match. Not all of us here want to write a book where the ending is guaranteed, I'm here for interactive RP where the ending isn't based on an OOC discussion but by IC actions along the way.

I should just declare on everyone and invade the world.

:V

Too bad I couldn't do that without about 5 times the stats I have right now.

*goes start a petition that'll enable him to RP 5 times his normal infra and tech, and only him*

Edited by Lynneth

http://cnrp.wikia.com/wiki/Spanish_Colonial_War

BAM!

It's still a bit under construction, but I researched as many concrete numbers as I could. Tomorrow after school I'll be doing all the battles that have taken place and the Slavorussian quarantine.

Ooh, nice!

I should just declare on everyone and invade the world.

:V

Too bad I couldn't do that without about 5 times the stats I have right now.

*goes start a petition that'll enable him to RP 5 times his normal infra and tech, and only him*

Hah hah... :P

cartagenawar.png

I've attempted to organize the war in an image, and I think I've gotten most of it.

Red Lines=War

Blue=Supporting Scotland militarily

Green=Supporting Louisiana militarily

Purple=Support for Scotland's side. No war yet.

Dark Green=Support for Louisiana's side. No war yet.

"Uninvolved" parties are arranged how their support goes in the war. i.e. New England, etc. is uninvolved, but actions indicate support for Louisiana.

If anything is incorrect or I missed something, do tell.

Edited by Mergerberger II

San Marino is actually supporting the Italian Federation militarily instead of actually fighting Scotland. All of their military is at home. The Sicilian League is also fighting Valencia in the Mediterranean, from what I understand. In addition, the Sarnungian Republic has entered combat with Scotland and Slavic Union.

Caucasia and Australia are sending troops to fight as well, on Louisiana's side.

I have recognised hostilities with you though, as you declared on my ally Valencia.

I'm liking the name for the war in the wiki, a lot more creative than "Scottish-Louisiana War" or some crap that happens in regular CN.

Nonetheless, all of you should just leave the military base alone and allow Scotland and our allies to takeover. Then we can all love eachother again. :awesome:

The HAE supports Louisiana but not in war yet, Australia I believe is the same as the HAE with the movements of Subtle.
San Marino is actually supporting the Italian Federation militarily instead of actually fighting Scotland. All of their military is at home. The Sicilian League is also fighting Valencia in the Mediterranean, from what I understand. In addition, the Sarnungian Republic has entered combat with Scotland and Slavic Union.

Caucasia and Australia are sending troops to fight as well, on Louisiana's side.

correct. Though mainly as supporting the Italian Federation, actually.

I have recognised hostilities with you though, as you declared on my ally Valencia.

I'm liking the name for the war in the wiki, a lot more creative than "Scottish-Louisiana War" or some crap that happens in regular CN.

Nonetheless, all of you should just leave the military base alone and allow Scotland and our allies to takeover. Then we can all love eachother again. :awesome:

But, but, going all pew pew is fun :(

lol, sure... :P

There are people who will not give up OOCly or ICly. Besides, we all love large-scale wars and we love it even more when nuclear crapstorms come into the play. :awesome: :awesome:

Yeah, I thought about the name for a moment and went "wait a minute, this really is all about Spanish colonialism" and picked that. :]

There are people who will not give up OOCly or ICly. Besides, we all love large-scale wars and we love it even more when nuclear crapstorms come into the play. :awesome: :awesome:

Ya and to make it better we need a mad maniacal leader to start a war within Asia to really set,off some fireworks. :awesome: