Athens does it again

The Big Bad

Except they weren't allies. Try again.

You know you normally talk to people before becoming allies. Kind of what happened here.

If by disbanding a promising alliance once KDII was removed, and now possibly using the next alliance to come from this one as a tech farm as helping.. Then yes I agree with you completely.

Uhm, UED were the ones that brought up tech dealing. Doesn't anyone read these damn things?

01[21:31] <~Wulff> Look, Londo. With more members to take with us, more tech deals for you!

01[21:31] <~Wulff> XD

[21:31] <KOwens06[uED]> A lot more tech deals actually

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, then why did UED go to Athens? There are hundreds of alliances out there that UED could have gotten help from. I think (but I'm not positive) UED had treaty partners they could have gone to. So why would they go to pretty much same random alliance off the street they don't know, asking for help?

So your problem is with them going to Athens, and not with what happened per say, right?

Regardless, if you want to know the answer to that question, ask them.

Repeating it makes you right! TPF didn't just think about it, they put the plan into action.

Your right, we caused Athens to disband, and noone DoWed us. Oh wait, Athens is still here but UED is not. So while you would say we are guilty of attempted spying during wartime, Athens is guilty of sabotaging an alliance during peacetime and causing an alliance to fold. I love this new age we live in.

Okay, then why did UED go to Athens? There are hundreds of alliances out there that UED could have gotten help from. I think (but I'm not positive) UED had treaty partners they could have gone to. So why would they go to pretty much same random alliance off the street they don't know, asking for help?

Why don't you ask them? I mean it's not like one of their own members hasn't already Stated Their Thanks to Athens in This Thread

The allies that KD2 was close with? And we're not just some random alliance off the street, believe it or not people have heard of us. Trust me, we didn't go to them asking to protect them.

lol did you misspell my nick on purpose?

Athens was asked for help by the government of UED, minus KDII. It looks to me like they were trying to save the community, not betray it, else why would they bother trying to get rid of a known incompetent and reform it under a different name in hopes that it would turn out better for all of them?

Athens were trying to HELP a community, not disband it, it's what those UED gov members were asking for.

I'm not sure how you consider kicking all your gov members out and then waiting for the rest of the members to leave as the best course of action.

first of all no I did not misspell your name on purpose. I apologise for that :P.

1) If they wanted to help the community I doubt disbanding and taking the top slice of the membership is going to help too much, infact I think I think its going to deteriote it even more.

2) Athens should have denied any help when it became obvious that that these gov members were going to disband the alliance.

3) My point is that we would have found out if the membership really supported, an alternative could have been Athens telling these gov members to hold an alliance wide vote.

Overall I do believe Athens thought what it was advising was best for the community, but in their ignorance they have probably helped in destroying at worst or seriously damaging the community of UED.

Your right, we caused Athens to disband, and noone DoWed us. Oh wait, Athens is still here but UED is not. So while you would say we are guilty of attempted spying during wartime, Athens is guilty of sabotaging an alliance during peacetime and causing an alliance to fold. I love this new age we live in.

01[23:44] <@Popsumpot[uCN]> yup

01[23:44] <@Popsumpot[uCN]> Im trolling too

[23:44] <@Shahenshah[iRON]> repeat repeat repeat

01[23:44] <@Popsumpot[uCN]> Shah

[23:44] <@Shahenshah[iRON]> pick on something, then just repeat repeat repeat

01[23:44] <@Popsumpot[uCN]> this is trolling

01[23:44] <@Popsumpot[uCN]> reason d oesn't work

01[23:44] <@Popsumpot[uCN]> it's just volume

Edited by Penkala

A better question would be why in Admin's good planet would someone let a terrible leader stay in power?

An even better question is why they couldn't coup him on their own? Which gets us back to my original question. Why did they go to Athens, an alliance they had no allegiance to, at all.

Hey, Bilrow, TBB, remember that time you ripped a massive hole in the community of an 800 man alliance and turned them into a 200 man alliance?

Must have been good times.

I fail to see how that's relevant to the topic at hand, but it's good to know what you guys are finally comparing your selfs to.

The only thing Athens is guilty of is being Athens at this point. Anything else doesn't seem to matter, such as how ridiculous trying to spin their attempt to help a community as an evil ploy to destroy it.

:lol1:

It has been rehashed so many times. Read the logs, please.

EDIT

OOC: Because I really don't want to be considered an absolute !@#$%^&, this isn't an insult OOCly, nor should it be ICly.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

Here is a thought...just a thought though, mind you....Ask them?

I believe that's what he's doing right now. Do we know where to find them? No. Are you being helpful at all? No. Should you shut up unless you're going to contribute? Probably, because otherwise you look like an $@!.

Also, just a thought... only a minor one mind you... Contributing to the conversation is fun, you should try it.

So your problem is with them going to Athens, and not with what happened per say, right?

Regardless, if you want to know the answer to that question, ask them.

See my response above, and no, I don't think his problem is that they went to Athens, I believe he is wondering if they did go to Athens at all, since there is no reason to.

Edited by Asriel Belacqua

An even better question is why they couldn't coup him on their own? Which gets us back to my original question. Why did they go to Athens, an alliance they had no allegiance to, at all.

Why don't you ask them? I mean it's not like one of their own members hasn't already Stated Their Thanks to Athens in This Thread

The allies that KD2 was close with? And we're not just some random alliance off the street, believe it or not people have heard of us. Trust me, we didn't go to them asking to protect them.

People of heard of NpO, MK, TOP, NSO, and Gremlins too. I wonder why they didn't go to any of those alliances.

Fair enough, and I honestly couldn't answer that since I wasn't in UED. Could be as easy as there was an Athens member in their IRC channel or something.

01[23:44] <@Popsumpot[uCN]> yup

01[23:44] <@Popsumpot[uCN]> Im trolling too

[23:44] <@Shahenshah[iRON]> repeat repeat repeat

01[23:44] <@Popsumpot[uCN]> Shah

[23:44] <@Shahenshah[iRON]> pick on something, then just repeat repeat repeat

01[23:44] <@Popsumpot[uCN]> this is trolling

01[23:44] <@Popsumpot[uCN]> reason d oesn't work

01[23:44] <@Popsumpot[uCN]> it's just volume

And they wonder why so few here believe anything they say now.

Oh, the opportunism...

This has nothing in common with the Mhawk logs or the "CB".

If the claiming about most of the UED wanting to remove KDII is true, then there's nothing wrong with this. They went to Athens asking for help and Athens gave them advice and options.

Even if the above stated claiming is false, those UED guys would be the ones to blame for using lies to get help with a coup.

Try harder next time.

Edited by Senekis

Athens = Big

TPF = Small

Therefore Athens = Right, TPF = Wrong

This is simple math people!

Do you mean to come off as completely ignorant of the facts?

You should know this now Bob. People love jumping the gun, especially when they already lost playing Russian Roulette and are trying to earn some brownie points before they have to pull the trigger.

Indeed.

Personally, I have just sent out a message to every member of UED asking for their opinion on it. Hopefully I get replies.

first of all no I did not misspell your name on purpose. I apologise for that :P.

1) If they wanted to help the community I doubt disbanding and taking the top slice of the membership is going to help too much, infact I think I think its going to deteriote it even more.

2) Athens should have denied any help when it became obvious that that these gov members were going to disband the alliance.

3) My point is that we would have found out if the membership really supported, an alternative could have been Athens telling these gov members to hold an alliance wide vote.

Overall I do believe Athens thought what it was advising was best for the community, but in their ignorance they have probably helped in destroying at worst or seriously damaging the community of UED.

1. - They had no way to legally get rid of KDII, and the alliance itself was a ruin. The best choice was to disband and try again with a fresh start.

2. - Athens tried to help, I guess that they are guilty of.

3. - The alliance wasn't structured that way.

The alliance itself was a complete mess to begin with. A fresh start would have been their only realistic chance really

I believe that's what he's doing right now. Do we know where to find them? No. Are you being helpful at all? No. Should you shut up unless you're going to contribute? Probably, because otherwise you look like an $@!.

Also, just a thought... only a minor one mind you... Contributing to the conversation is fun, you should try it.

See my response above, and no, I don't think his problem is that they went to Athens, I believe he is wondering if they did go to Athens at all, since there is no reason to.

I think maybe you should take your own advice.

To answer your question they did go to Athens, therefore, they must have had their reasons to.

Well arent you a clever little nipper. Your astute contribution to the topic at hand is noted. Oh, and BTW, asking "why did THEY go to Athens" is not asking THEM, its asking 3rd party onlookers. You see sir, asking THEM would be "Why did YOU go to Athens." Its ok though, I know english a tough language. Comprehension FTW!

Any 'Hegemony' alliances trying to go "bad Athens, disbandment is reprehensible"... just wow, mind blown after reading these:

[18:57] <@Shahenshah[iRON]> lets get m disbanded :D lol

[18:58] <@Fuhrer[NATO]> :P

[18:58] <@Haf> We should all DoW on \m/

[18:58] <@Haf> heh

[18:58] <@DarkFox[uCN]> I am sure they can handle it

[18:58] <@Fuhrer[NATO]> :) would be nice

People of heard of NpO, MK, TOP, NSO, and Gremlins too. I wonder why they didn't go to any of those alliances.

Again, the UED members would be the ones that would know that. So instead of pretending that Athens did something wrong by taking a smaller alliance under its wing, why don't you go see why they chose to come to us?