Athens does it again

The Big Bad

So the members of an alliance want to get rid of their leader because he was incompetent and this is bad because Athens helped them?

If an alliance really needs to get rid of their leadership (like Athens does now, really badly) then they can do it themselves. A government is only as powerful as the membership allows them to be.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is lulzy, especially considering the cast of characters involved. Then watching the cast of characters post their "outrage" brought the lulz to a completely new level. I would venture to guess, that in order to destroy a community, a community would a) have to exist and b) want to continue to exist. Its very LOL funny that something like this would be used to feign outrager, especially when the original poster so clearly believes Athens CB on TPF to be just fine. Yes sir, lulzy indeed.

Oh and don't forget the poaching. And the coup. And the fact Athens wanted no one to know they had anything to do with it. Now that does not sound all that innocent now does it.

We get it, Athens is bad for listening to government members of another alliance asking for their help.

What? Dilber posted these logs in #polaris last night which allowed me to view them.

And prepare a response to them which conveniently suits your cause that trades your well won personal respect to the defense of these actions?

You deserve better, you've earned not having to gag down this gruel because of the side you are on. Planning and plotting the interference of a sovereign alliance while at peace is not something that is defensible.

This argument will break down along party lines, obviously, but to break it down a bit further:

Athens and Co. are now at war with TPF for attempting to put into motion a plan that had the potential to take Athens over from the inside, plotted during a huge global war during which time Athens and TPF were not officially at war. Athens is angry because the TPF thing never went public.

Prior to Athens declaring war on TPF for these acts, Londo Mollari, of Athens, was putting into motion a plan that would eventually lead to United Earth Directory's disbandment, thereby turning the new UED into an Athens tech farm... the very same reason why a now-disbanded alliance called \m/ (not to be confused with \m/) disbanded over.

Note the absence of the word "attempting" between TPF and Athens' plans. But I don't expect you folks from Athens, RoK, MK, Sparta, GOD, "\m/," or the rest of you whatever-you-want-to-call-yourselves to get it.

What plan are you talking about? What, you're saying Athens PLANNED for the members of UED to want to get rid of KD and disband? What did they do, wish them into being miserable?

Prior to Athens declaring war on TPF for these acts, Londo Mollari, of Athens, was putting into motion a plan that would eventually lead to United Earth Directory's disbandment, thereby turning the new UED into an Athens tech farm... the very same reason why a now-disbanded alliance called \m/ (not to be confused with \m/) disbanded over.

This is a terrible attempt at spin that doesn't do the logs justice. UED was the one that came to Athens regarding a coup/disbandment that the membership themselves wanted and only wanted an Athens protectorate after the fact, something which any new alliance normally seeks.

All I see here are members of alliances in the CnG bloc excusing the actions of Athens, and mostly everyone else getting upset at the hypocrisy which Athens has displayed.

How are we sure that these ~5 UED members represent the will of most of UED, and not just a destructive minority? And why didn't Athens want anyone to know they orchestrated it?

and LOL @ C&G members swarming this thread to change the appearance of the situation.

Edited by Kalabac

And prepare a response to them which conveniently suits your cause that trades your well won personal respect to the defense of these actions?

You deserve better, you've earned not having to gag down this gruel because of the side you are on. Planning and plotting the interference of a sovereign alliance while at peace is not something that is defensible.

Exactly, a sovereign alliance, not "KD's personal empire". You're blaming Athens for the demise of a community, when the community itself wanted to dissolve.

The difference is that Athens didn't plan to disband UED, that was their idea. We offered to protect both UED (which we effectively did with our ODP), or the new incarnation that those who had couped KD2 planned on making. They decided to salvage UED, and we signed a treaty. It was their decision, but we offered them protection.

We came to Athens for advice/help. They gave us their opinion we made our own decision.

Yes we made our own decision. UED was a mess we had no choice but to disband.

Read this.

This is what matters, not your falsehoods.

Uhm we were arguing them with dilber and such last night already, all this thread did was transfer the argument here into the OWF.

There's a distinct difference in any comparison you're making because the UED membership itself wanted the coup. I don't believe Athens asked TPF for any coup.

:lol1: UED was a failed alliance that needed to do something to try correct itself . The gov members of UED went to Athens. No one was forced to do anything

How about all you useless hermaphrodites actually just admit you are all guilty of everything, like spying for instance both sides have done it and will always continue to do it and neither side actually cares about the others complaints. Both are guilty of everything and will continue to be so do us all a favor and just destroy each other already and stop crying about your terrible alliance.

All I see here are members of alliances in the CnG bloc excusing the actions of Athens, and mostly everyone else getting upset at the hypocrisy which Athens has displayed.
How are we sure that these ~5 UED members represent the will of most of UED, and not just a destructive minority? And why didn't Athens want anyone to know they orchestrated it?

and LOL @ C&G members swarming this thread to change the appearance of the situation.

I didn't know we weren't allowed to express our own opinion.

Uhm we were arguing them with dilber and such last night already, all this thread did was transfer the argument here into the OWF.

There's a distinct difference in any comparison you're making because the UED membership itself wanted the coup. I don't believe Athens asked TPF for any coup.

Without Londo's acquiescence, there is no coup. That is.....

This post made my night as well because the irony is soooo delicious.

Indeed.

Since when does a few outraged UED government members mean the entire UED alliance wished this to happen?

Show me that they didn't.

We have them posting in this thread supporting Athens, so please show me the people who were upset by this, besides KD2. <-- our proof

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

All I see is an attempt to smear more dirt on Athens. These people came to Athens for help, and you're spinning it to seem like Athens plotted the whole thing.

How are we sure that these ~UED members represent the will of most of UED, and not just a destructive minority? And why didn't Athens want anyone to know they orchestrated it?

Probably because they knew certain people will try to spin anything against them

LOL at all the people trying to mindlessly spin this into an evil plot.

His ministers want to. I don't see any credible evidence that suggests that the individual members of UED were dissatisfied.

Oh, so KD just had the rotten luck of having all his government pissed off with him, when the membership actually loved and adored him?

How to attempt to smear someone, brought to you courtesy of the #grudge logs

Is it wrong to go out and support OWF threads? I think that's what the OWF is all about these days.

People tell us we're too quiet, now we're too loud?

Edited by delgursh