Athens does it again

The Big Bad

He really is trying to ask them. I would happen to know because I'm in 4 different IRC channels with him and discussing this very topic (including the one where he's asking them) in said channels.

Again, nice try to you too. Also, it would help me feel sympathetic to your side if you weren't being such an $@!. Just saying.

I am trying to ask them as well. Rush is just upset because his alliance is being portrayed as scum for trying to help out people who needed it. Independent of this, he is a good guy, I'd suggest contacting him privately and you will be able to have a nice conversation and resolve whatever's up.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So now you are dictating UED policy to them?

But it is wrong when Athens offers them advice. Good to know.

No I am saying that 5 gov members do not represent the entirety of UED, the only way to find out what UED members(not government) wanted was an alliance wide vote.

Okay so UED themselves were going behind their own back.

yeah 5 gov members are the entire UED :rolleyes:

That would have still been a coup because they had no legal mechanism to carry out the government change.

Wow, that answer was easy for me to come up with because I read!

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL, KIDS

Woohoo congrats now how about you read my post as well? I am saying that this coup should not have been carried out unless the membership of UED was behind it, just because 5 gov members werent happy with the way things were going doesnt mean its true for the general membership wasnt as well.

No I am saying that 5 gov members do not represent the entirety of UED, the only way to find out what UED members(not government) wanted was an alliance wide vote.

yeah 5 gov members are the entire UED :rolleyes:

Woohoo congrats now how about you read my post as well? I am saying that this coup should not have been carried out unless the membership of UED was behind it, just because 5 gov members werent happy with the way things were going doesnt mean its true for the general membership wasnt as well.

Oh hey, so it was UED who wanted the coup not Athens? Great.

Let me see if I get this straight:

UED gov weren't happy with KDII leadership because of his incompetence, so they decided to coup KDII to help the alliance to be a better place for their members? No, they wanted to coup KDII just to disband the alliance and recruit the members for their new alliance, well not a new alliance, they are going to recreate Crimson Guard. So after all the gov members of UED weren't worried about KDII's incompetence, UED or their members. They were just interested in disband the alliance and poach the members for their new alliance and Athens helped them to do it, yet Athens is attacking TPF because they were planning to destroy Athens's community.

Anyway micro alliance drama is boring, the only interesting thing to see is the Athens being hypocrite.

Also, Timlee I'm dissapointed in see you in the middle of this whole fiasco.

The government didn't agree with you then.

Again, I messaged /all/ of them for their opinions. When I get replies, then we will know if the members wanted it or not.

Oh hey, so it was UED who wanted the coup not Athens? Great.

And their actions were backed by Athens. oops.

Another innovative concept: The government's decisions do not represent the alliance. This war has really sunken more or less every CN convention if it is all to be believed.

Not when that gov is not authorised or elected by the membership to represent them in this way.

Edited by silentkiller

Let me see if I get this straight:

UED gov weren't happy with KDII leadership because of his incompetence, so they decided to coup KDII to help the alliance to be a better place for their members? No, they wanted to coup KDII just to disband the alliance and recruit the members for their new alliance, well not a new alliance, they are going to recreate Crimson Guard. So after all the gov members of UED weren't worried about KDII's incompetence, UED or their members. They were just interested in disband the alliance and poach the members for their new alliance and Athens helped them to do it, yet Athens is attacking TPF because they were planning to destroy Athens's community.

Anyway micro alliance drama is boring, the only interesting thing to see is the Athens being hypocrite.

Also, Timlee I'm dissapointed in see you in the middle of this whole fiasco.

Athens was asked for advise. How in the world is this comparable to the TPF/Athens thing? Really come on you're one of the few I had some faith in left in this entire game...

Athens was asked for advise. How in the world is this comparable to the TPF/Athens thing? Really come on you're one of the few I had some faith in left in this entire game...

Yeah, they were asked and then gave the advise.

I'll not saying that Athens did the first move WC, I said they helped it to happen and advise is a type of help, just because you are allied with them you don't need blind support it, the difference between this and TPF mess is because TPF had the idea of destroy Athens community and tried to put their plan in action while Athens helped(with advises and probably a protectorade in future) the unhappy gov members to coup, disband and recruit members of UED.

Both are bad moves.

Just out of curiousity, hasn't it been pretty well accepted by...well everyone that if the membership doesn't like the leader they can just leave?

Isn't this the argument used to hold membership responsible for the leader's actions?

If UED didn't like King Death, they could have just left.

Just out of curiousity, hasn't it been pretty well accepted by...well everyone that if the membership doesn't like the leader they can just leave?

Isn't this the argument used to hold membership responsible for the leader's actions?

If UED didn't like King Death, they could have just left.

This is the government couping him, not the membership, otherwise yes, you would be correct.

This is the government couping him, not the membership, otherwise yes, you would be correct.

Ok I'm sorry.

If the government didn't like him, they could have just left. They had no right to coup him, by the charter. They should have left. If the membership supported them, they would have left to.

Couping for what? Disband, if they cared about UED they would tried to fix UED problems istead of disband the alliance, if they wanted to coup just to disband the alliance, why not just leave UED? I'll tell you why they coup'd KDII, to recruit UED members to their new alliance, do you think this is classy? Honorable? Do you really agree with this type of behavior?

Ok I'm sorry.

If the government didn't like him, they could have just left. They had no right to coup him, by the charter. They should have left. If the membership supported them, they would have left to.

You would make a good leader. The only situation to a problem is to leave, not to try to work to correct it.

Someone disagrees with you? Leave!

You don't like someone? Leave!

You can always leave, yes, but they wanted to do something about it for the alliance.

This isn't Athens fault, they just offered advice and a protectorate.

You would make a good leader. The only situation to a problem is to leave, not to try to work to correct it.

Someone disagrees with you? Leave!

You don't like someone? Leave!

You can always leave, yes, but they wanted to do something about it for the alliance.

That was the options avaliable via the charter. They joined the alliance knowing full well what they were getting into. Not anyone else's fault but their own that they joined an alliance where King Death had full control. They had no right to coup, and Athens should not have supported suck underhanded tactics in anyway.

Couping for what? Disband, if they cared about UED they would tried to fix UED problems istead of disband the alliance, if they wanted to coup just to disband the alliance, why not just leave UED? I'll tell you why they coup'd KDII, to recruit UED members to their new alliance, do you think this is classy? Honorable? Do you really agree with this type of behavior?

Do you even know who KD2 is and why an alliance would want to coup him?

You do not get to tell me why. That is not your position is this, nor is it mine to assume why. You can make observations about the situation, but you are in no position to say why things were done.

Let me present an alternative.

1) UED would be tainted forever as a name as KD2 founded it.

2) UED's government knew this.

3) They wanted KD2 out, for obvious reasons.

4) They wanted to create another alliance in order to not have the bad rep that KD2 made for UED.

5) They went to Athens for advise/protection.

Why is this less probable? In your situation, why would they have needed a new alliance since they were in charge of UED already?

One word for you:

accomplice

–noun

a person who knowingly helps another in a crime or wrongdoing, often as a subordinate.

(yeah I'm using dictionary today a lot)