Who is the liar?

Imperator Hades

Just a topic to see the general opinion on who actually lied. Is it Ivan in this statement from NSO ?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=2048796

Or infact SCM in this statement

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=76661

Ladies and Gentlemen, the choice is yours. Of course this topic wont decide who is the liar.

To paraphrase something I once heard, the only lie is peace. Both of them therefore are liars by that logic as both (last I checked) were not at war.

Just a topic to see the general opinion on who actually lied. Is it Ivan in this statement from NSO ?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=2048796

Or infact SCM in this statement

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=76661

Ladies and Gentlemen, the choice is yours. Of course this topic wont decide who is the liar.

I don't think it really matters, if, as ivan said, there was a personal apology given to him by SCM, then so be it.

It's time to let the issue die if the two people most closely involved (okay, ivan wasn't most closely involved, but NSO is his, and they don't do anything without his say so) have apologized and gotten the whole "my bad" "no, my bad dude" stuff out of the way.

While that was clear to most, the way I see it, NSO's position is weaker for doing it. Any credibility they did have is largely lost due to the condescending and flippant use of satire in a rather serious matter.

wait, you fail to remember the condescending, undiplomatic, OOC attacking thing that SCM did. Ivan, pullin the stunt he did is nowhere near as bad as what SCM did. also, if you ask SCM it was all a joke so not sure how it is NSO who thinks this is a joke, when in fact it seems to be SCM and DF who think it is a joke.... not to mention, who seriously asks for reps because they militarized? that is the most retarded crap i have ever heard.

While that was clear to most, the way I see it, NSO's position is weaker for doing it. Any credibility they did have is largely lost due to the condescending and flippant use of satire in a rather serious matter.

But...You're seemingly convinced that was a factor at all.

First of all, there's no poll.

Secondly, I think it's pretty clear to just about everyone that Ivan wasn't being serious in that post. No one actually thinks that SCM apologized. He was making a point about making claims without proof, apparently it flew over a few people's heads though.

It wasn't a point to be proven, it was a childish decision.

...I think it's pretty clear to just about everyone that Ivan wasn't being serious in that post. No one actually thinks that SCM apologized. He was making a point about making claims without proof, apparently it flew over a few people's heads though.

I think it's hilarious that so many e-lawyers think "proof" is required for what is essentially a political issue. This isn't a court of a law, it's a schoolyard.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

First of all, there's no poll.

Secondly, I think it's pretty clear to just about everyone that Ivan wasn't being serious in that post. No one actually thinks that SCM apologized. He was making a point about making claims without proof, apparently it flew over a few people's heads though.

Indeed, but only truly dense people had it fly over their heads.

It's funny to see that all the folks who complain about threads like this are usually the first ones to jump in on other peoples topics and post their 2 cents like what they have to say is something so important that everyone should stop what they are doing, sit at the base of the mountain you're standing on (or soapbox if you prefer) and listen to their "gospel" which they think is so deep or meaningful. If you don't like topic, don't reply to it....it's really an easy concept to follow....really it is, maybe some of you should try it sometime.

Just like dopple wasn't being serious for the CSN threat.

Once things get tough, NSO seems to like the "oh you thought I was serious?" card

i love how you conveniently forget that DF did the exact same thing. "oh you mean people thought we were serious about wanting NSO destroyed. that was a joke..."

come one, at least hit both sides and stop showing double standards.

My brother is the liar. I, however, always speak the truth. One of us is also a homicidal maniac. Too bad for you we're blocking the middle of the road. To get past us, you'll have to find out which side of us to pass on without being stabbed in the neck. Good luck.

If I asked your brother if he was telling the truth would he say 'yes'?

If I asked your brother if he was telling the truth would he say 'yes'?

Oh, finally! I'm so glad somebody actually got the reference that I can't even remember if that is the right answer. ^_^

I think that's right. Or it might be, "If asked your brother if it was safe to pass him, what would he say?"

If the answer is no, pass on the brother's side, if the answer is yes, pass on the speakers side.

Edited by Kzoppistan