No More celtic Promise

Andre27

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone always make it seem like ODN needs someone to lead them around by a leash, like they can't make their own decisions. Do people really believe that MK wanted them to sever ties with IRON and GGA, so they did it? I mean, I may be wrong, but I think ODN can decide their own direction without a pupper master.

/me shrugs.

I'm just an outsider though. Now that ODN and IRON's govs aren't going to talk on here, I don't care.

And I remember when NPO and Polaris were allied. Times change man, you of all people should know this.

In the months to come you might find that history repeats itself. But what do I know...I'm just another person....

I remember when members of the Mushroom Kingdom were some of the champions of that particular insult against the ODN. Funny how the times change even without any noticeable change in the ODN.

Well they have only changed in public as that is part of the tactic to get ODN to not cut and run if things get hot. Everyone else bashes ODN in public, MK and company do a 180 and defend them and hope that is enough to get them to follow through on their treaties. In private you might find the opinion of ODN has not changed but, for the public and ODNs consumption they will say whatever they have to. Its a smart move and I see nothing wrong with it. They really have nothing to loose, ODN has nowhere else to go.

Well they have only changed in public as that is part of the tactic to get ODN to not cut and run if things get hot. Everyone else bashes ODN in public, MK and company do a 180 and defend them and hope that is enough to get them to follow through on their treaties. In private you might find the opinion of ODN has not changed but, for the public and ODNs consumption they will say whatever they have to. Its a smart move and I see nothing wrong with it. They really have nothing to loose, ODN has nowhere else to go.

I say, sir, that is a dashing tinfoil hat! Might I inquire as to the merchant who sold you this fashionable item?

Honestly, this has got to be one the most illogical and crazy plans for...something I've ever heard. You get a point for creativity, I'll give you that. Not points for practicality I'm afraid, but certainly creativity.

To: The Citizens of Planet Bob

I have watched this thread with a bit of sadness, again debating if I should offer my input or just remain silent on the subject. My memories wander back to just after the Karma War. The Grand Global Army had faced it's first defeat at the hands of the Allied Armies of Karma. The GGA lay completely destroyed, and to this day has not recovered the same status that it once had. Slowly, after gaining our footing, we started making friends. It all started with MASH...a former enemy turning into an MDP partner in a very short amount of time. ODN was there in those days too offering what ever support it still had left to a destroyed people left to anguish and suffer for the sins of our past, perceived or otherwise.

Over time, both alliances gained there sense of direction again and began seeking new friendships. In turn we lost some old and strong ones...especially Valhalla. It was the price that we had to pay. ODN proved particularly suited to helping rebuild, especially Arsenal who was determined as ever to do what he could. In the end, however, alliances between different groups on this great planet cannot be based on the personal friendships of the leaders involved. There must be a true commitment to each other's direction with the knowledge that the while you may be on two different paths, you were walking to the same destination. The issue of the ODN treaty was a thorny one for both sides. It simply became necessary for the leaders of both the GGA and ODN to realize that while friendship was still possible, remaining allies was most likely not in the best interests of either.

Post Karma, the GGA promised to change it's Foreign Affairs Policy considerably...I myself made that promise from my own mouth to many of you here. In recent weeks that zeal has been tempered by a sobering thought...the triumvirate realized that it would never matter how much we changed or what we did...the "other side of the fence" was simply not a party that we would ever be invited to period. ODN having many friends among you decided that it wanted to be a part of something stronger, but the GGA/ODN MDoAP might create a serious impediment to such a move being successful, so the quizzing began...and over time both sides realized that this type of relationship would most likely not be able to continue. The truth in my mind, as I reflect, is despite the fact that the GGA and ODN may no longer be allies, I have developed friendships with people in the ODN camp that will survive long after this treaty is six feet under.

IRON and GGA have often shared similar goals. We both emerged from the Karma War nearly destroyed, a price that we paid for our defense of the New Pacific Order, a defense I will NEVER apologize for. In the post war world, both alliances became more "independent" and sought to gain a footing in a new world where the balance of power had completely been over turned. In so doing, once IRON emerged from terms...we again became strong friends and kept our treaty intact. We have walked hand in hand ever since, with the clear indication that IRON has no intention of involving us in "orange sphere" matters. With nearly identical foreign policy goals, we became very strong allies again. In the lead up and immediate aftermath to Karma, I have a lot of regrets...as a recently returned Elder Statesman I pushed for the GGA to join the so called "Coalition of Cowards." That is something to which I owe Pacifica my sincerest apologies...and ally is only as good as their word, but I would ask all of Bob not to judge an alliance because of the influence of one of it's members. Look at it as whole, and discern from there.

The bottom line of this whole missive, ODN and IRON are and will remain friends of the GGA...but when we come around to whom we are closest to, we had to acknowledge that ODN couldn't be allies any longer. The road had just forked to far. I still do not see a day where ODN and GGA will ever oppose each other on the field of battle. I pray that I will never see such a day...my only hope is the understanding among the alliances of Bob, that once in a while you can be friends, even when you are not allies. What the reasons are for this treaty cancellation are of no moment. It does not matter that a treaty died, but only that the spirit of friendship it fostered lives on.

And I remember when NPO and Polaris were allied. Times change man, you of all people should know this.

I'm well aware that things can change, but I've never been the type to just believe someone simply because they say they've changed. Once ODN has proven itself, like I said, I'll be the first to offer my sincere congratulations and apologies for not believing them. Until then, I choose to remain skeptical.

I've actually already talked to at least one MK member since I last posted here that said both ODN and GGA were joke alliances. So I suppose it is possible you are correct, or maybe not. Who knows? Like I said earlier, maybe ODN will get its wish and finally make that image true now that this has taken place.

EDIT: OK, guys, we really need to cut this out. In the last week I've found myself agreeing with and/or defending Bilrow, other NPO members, the GGA, and now The Big Bad. Please stop making me do this.

Edited by Jonathan Brookbank

EDIT: OK, guys, we really need to cut this out. In the last week I've found myself agreeing with and/or defending Bilrow, other NPO members, the GGA, and now The Big Bad. Please stop making me do this.

And me. Dont forget meeeee :wub: Is that Satan I see in a parka?

Or maybe they rushed our forums and spent months trying (successfully might I add) to build a friendship and earn respect from most of our members who were hesitant.

Anyway, good luck to ODN and GGA in the future.

Post Karma, the GGA promised to change it's Foreign Affairs Policy considerably...I myself made that promise from my own mouth to many of you here. In recent weeks that zeal has been tempered by a sobering thought...the triumvirate realized that it would never matter how much we changed or what we did...the "other side of the fence" was simply not a party that we would ever be invited to period.

Shane, you know that's just plain false. You can't win what you don't put in the middle, and regression sure is the safer road in the short term. I guarantee it will prove to be more costly though.

To be fair, I didn't like ODN much in the beginning. However, over time, my feeling about them has changed considerably. Working and fighting along side them during the Karma war changed my mind. I respect ODN a lot more and I know many members of VE feel the same. ODN is showing that it does honor treaties and that their FA is playing the game right.

So hats off to ODN,

GGA, I hope to see you guys pick back up and get running in the FA department.