Was peace desired?

DogeWilliam

Are you happy with the outcome of the STA/Kronos crisis?  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the process by which this affaire was handled highlights the frustration the CN "commoner" feels about the game. It took days of backroom dealing and wheeling by a select few people who excluded everyone else from the decision making process. There was no grandstanding, no opportunity to exhert public pressure and the outcome was not satisfactory.

I'm starting to agree with those that state that IRC takes something from the game itself.

these are also my sentiments , everything is now handled on IRC in some back channel with just the same bland stuff on these forums. We get the beginning of something here and it is immediately taken to irc to get sorted out . <_<

these are also my sentiments , everything is now handled on IRC in some back channel with just the same bland stuff on these forums. We get the beginning of something here and it is immediately taken to irc to get sorted out . <_<

Well yeah but you could always just quit and go rogue. B)

Everything about this conflict was "bland", from both sides.

I believe the process by which this affaire was handled highlights the frustration the CN "commoner" feels about the game. It took days of backroom dealing and wheeling by a select few people who excluded everyone else from the decision making process. There was no grandstanding, no opportunity to exhert public pressure and the outcome was not satisfactory.

I'm starting to agree with those that state that IRC takes something from the game itself.

As someone who only recently started participating in IRC after 1 1/2 years on Planet Bob, I have to say I completely agree with this. I don't see it ever changing, but Mussolandia makes a good point.

Saying that IRC has certainly made world affairs a bit bland is an understatement.

I would certainly like to see a bit more openness in politics, it might actually make the game more interesting for the majority.

The old days of the interesting OWF where issues were discussed by all and people could actually form an informed opinion are long gone, and in its place we have a bland generic substitute which is just a noticeboard for official announcements about issues that have already been resolved in the back-room and are now closed and official policy.

If people actually knew what was happening there might actually be more activity (and members in the alliances potentially).

Then people cry "private channels ftw!" if someone does play out their drama on the OWF.

That's because people want to cry and complain when things get settled in an adult (read: realistic) fashion. They also want to cry when they can't win. Basically, people want to cry. I'll bring the tissues, you bring the Linkin Park.

Honestly, I didn't even know about the issue and even if I had, I wouldn't have cared. Zenith is not treatied to either STA or Kronos and we're, at the least, two degrees removed from either of them, so it's unlikely that we'd actually have been involved. I'm not a huge fan of STA and although I like some of the people in Kronos, I'm neutral on them, so I really don't care either way.

I would have enjoyed watching STA and Kronos's cronies attack each other while enjoying some wonderful :popcorn:

That said, I'm happy that this was resolved in an adult matter instead of going to a war because both parties were too worried about their precious masculine egos to man up and compromise.

Edited by Duncan King

The issue between STA and Kronos was pretty boring in my opinion. A war would be nice sooner or later, but personally I'd much rather it stem from something that is interesting.

About your signature: Diorno, Citadel isnt that you said. What about you? <_<

I would hazard this poll is on the verge of silliness since it's well known that everyone loves spectating for a war but not many actually enjoy fighting / losing a war.

Agreed...I don't know the many that have posted in this thread but wars once they get Declared are fatal for both sides but eventually one side gets screwed by loosing and the other one doesn't. I've been in "2 great wars" UJW and Karma...Barely fought on first one UJW, and then lost a lot in the second...

People want wars but when Alliance Leaders Declare, they better be prepared to pull their weight.

Considering the treaty web, and the fact that big wars with big names will inevitably draw in alliances who have no business being there, I'm fairly confident in saying this thing would have been global.

Probably...STA probably brings in Frost in M(A)DP's...and then Kronos brings in as much as they can to fight back...attack any of Frostbite activates all of their MDP's...and same for Kronos allies...

Wars are cool- but only when there is a proper reason and a bit of suspense beforehand.

I disagree..most of us knew Karma was going to happen, the date merely had to arrive and then after the DoW was posted...we all knew who the winner was...

The time is not yet right, There is no big cause to rally behind.

I like a good war for a good reason, but there is no real reason to have a war right now other than boredom.

There wont be any "just" causes to rally behind anymore...the "evil vicious overlords" once known as NPO arent the target anymore...and we all know TOP has always been an advocate of peace. It shows when they were involved in the mediating between STA/Kronos...

I know this first hand..We(MCXA Gov) nearly Declared war on TSO and TOP by relation... but they trully are great mediators, w/o TOP's mediation...MCXA/TSO would have went to war...

ie: TSO/MCXA drama way back...

IMO: The next future wars wont have trully "just" causes...just the usual CB's... (Spying, Rogues, Insults, etc.)

Edited by KingEd

This issue was not worth a war. After communication improved our grievance was somewhat less than it initially appeared from our angle (but non-zero) and the final settlement was satisfactory to us. There's good folks in Kronos and I hope we really can put this behind us.

The OWF wanted to blow this into a huge thing, but it never deserved to be.

There wont be any "just" causes to rally behind anymore...the "evil vicious overlords" once known as NPO arent the target anymore...and we all know TOP has always been an advocate of peace. It shows when they were involved in the mediating between STA/Kronos...

I know this first hand..We(MCXA Gov) nearly Declared war on TSO and TOP by relation... but they trully are great mediators, w/o TOP's mediation...MCXA/TSO would have went to war...

Peace was very much in spite of TOP, not because of them. They brokered a deal before communication had really occurred, doing a disservice to their ally, and then refused to honor it. It's hard to imagine how they could have handled it worse.

Mr. Diorno sums it up nicely for this onlooker.

Voted for the silly option ... mostly because a grown man using the term silly is amusing to me for some reason.

I aim to please.

Peace was very much in spite of TOP, not because of them. They brokered a deal before communication had really occurred, doing a disservice to their ally, and then refused to honor it. It's hard to imagine how they could have handled it worse.

Really? That is an interesting view and one I don't agree on. Mistakes might have been made but war was imminent and TOP had nothing to do with it except helping to stop it. Is that called peace in spite of TOP?

Really? That is an interesting view and one I don't agree on. Mistakes might have been made but war was imminent and TOP had nothing to do with it except helping to stop it. Is that called peace in spite of TOP?

TOP had a huge hand in creating the situation that needed to be put to bed at the final meeting, they broke their agreement and all they offered was a finger, which was pretty much their only contribution to the meeting. The time between making the agreement and dishonoring it was used by them to militarize. Forgive me if that doesn't look to me like someone interested in peace.

Considering the treaty web, and the fact that big wars with big names will inevitably draw in alliances who have no business being there, I'm fairly confident in saying this thing would have been global.

You may be right, but on the other hand, don't people say that every time?

The issue between STA and Kronos was pretty boring in my opinion. A war would be nice sooner or later, but personally I'd much rather it stem from something that is interesting.

Hear, hear! Jack Diorno took the words out of my mouth.

The cupcakery decreed that war was not to be and so, the crisis was averted.

Bah, I don't remember deciding on that. It's actually a little known sekrit that I pull all of Delta's strings, I'm just so good at remaining hidden that only one person has ever noticed. And we don't hear too much from cmdrChobo these days.

Oh yeah, and the reason seemed like it was one worth fighting for only if the other side wasn't willing to work, and that doesn't appear to have been the case.

Then people cry "private channels ftw!" if someone does play out their drama on the OWF.

That is a typically IC response by someone who is either affected by his ally's stupidity or is neutral and uninterested. I would rather have many more arguments, discussions, blunders and what not. I don't care if a thread turns 60 pages long.

I don't usually complain about the fairness of the game, how entertaining it is or who gets to play it. The problem with this incident is that it happened entirely behind closed doors.

Was this poll necessary? The topic really could of just ended in a simple "Peace was given, lets move on"

I was rather surprised to see a 20 page thread on our peace announcement. Seriously, are you that desperate?

Hello, this is Cybernations, an online simulation game which revolves around alliances. Your incident developed into an issue that could have affected the balance of power in the game. We are interested in playing the game, yes, very much.

Edited by Mussolandia

Hello, this is Cybernations, an online simulation game which revolves around alliances. Your incident developed into an issue that could have affected the balance of power in the game. We are interested in playing the game, yes, very much.

I am aware of this.. I just thought that TOP had more class than this.

Although of course I'm not judging an entire alliance based on one member's faults, otherwise I'd be hating on all of RoK, which I can't do due to Hoo being there :)

Edited by Skippy