Siberian Tiger Alliance Announcement

Tygaland

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make a lot of sense. We backed down yet somehow ended up with tech we didn't deserve.

Good thing people like this were not in on negotiations and a reasonable peace was achieved.

should i touch this one or let the fire die down... hmmm

I'm glad this was resolved — I wasn't that hopeful this time yesterday. I would also like to commend all those who made honest efforts to achieve this peace.

Interesting...It seems Kronos/STA were prety determined to go at it. Good Job to the mediators...and to those who wanted a WAR, I guess you have to wait...

You make a lot of sense. We backed down yet somehow ended up with tech we didn't deserve.

Good thing people like this were not in on negotiations and a reasonable peace was achieved.

Oh love the insults buddy :o

And yes I call sta not going for the full 600 tech backing down. As far as we are all concerned the only reason 300 was sent was because of a miscommunication.

Peace was declared, please do not seek to re-ignite the ill-will that was once found between yourselves and kronos. This is a time to forget the past, and all perceived wrongs on BOTH parties, and look towards a more prosperous future.

A Jones I have a lot of respect for your change of heart but I must correct you here. Kronos did not do anything wrong. But I do agree let's forget the past.

edit: forget forgot same diff :P

Edited by mrSonny

I'm glad this was resolved — I wasn't that hopeful this time yesterday. I would also like to commend all those who made honest efforts to achieve this peace.

That's where we at STA are confused. Until the meeting we had last night, we were under the impression that the issue had been resolved. No one had come to us and said there was a problem. A member of TOP's government came to us and offered a resolution, and we accepted it. Then, all of a sudden, I spent the day yesterday fielding queries from alliances about how TOP is mobilizing and were posting that they expected to go to war on our allies forums, and getting offers from 3 separate alliances to pay the 300 tech if TOP wouldn't, just to avoid war.

What IS that? Why in the world were numerous and unrelated alliances informed that there was a problem before we were? We were just going about our merry business of rationing the twinkies when we start getting bombarded with messages from completely unrelated parties, who magically knew exactly what was going to transpire in a meeting that was to take place 5 hours later.

All other drama related to this issue aside, that's uncool. :(

Edited by pezstar

That's where we at STA are confused. Until the meeting we had last night, we were under the impression that the issue had been resolved. No one had come to us and said there was a problem. A member of TOP's government came to us and offered a resolution, and we accepted it. Then, all of a sudden, I spent the day yesterday fielding queries from alliances about how TOP is mobilizing and were posting that they expected to go to war on our allies forums, and getting offers from 3 separate alliances to pay the 300 tech if TOP wouldn't, just to avoid war.

What IS that? Why in the world were numerous and unrelated alliances informed that there was a problem before we were? We were just going about our merry business of rationing the twinkies when we start get bombarded with messages from completely unrelated parties, who magically knew exactly what was going to transpire in a meeting that was to take place 5 hours later.

Regarding the bolded, wasn't your issue with Kronos? Not TOP?

Yes! They were. We were as surprised as anyone when a member of TOP's government approached us, offering to mediate a resolution.
It used to be, yes.

We were approached, not the other way around. We were led to believe that they were representing their allies and were able to offer a resolution.

And you both never thought of contacting Kronos about them? Wow

Yes! They were. We were as surprised as anyone when a member of TOP's government approached us, offering to mediate a resolution.
It used to be, yes.

We were approached, not the other way around. We were led to believe that they were representing their allies and were able to offer a resolution.

Perhaps you should request Tyga update the OP accordingly to more accurately reflect how the situation occured?

My understanding is that Kronos didn't agree to pay the 300 tech until after it was already sent by an external party. Feel free to correct that if it's wrong, but the OP makes it look like it happened in the other order, which is a disservice to honesty.

And you both never thought of contacting Kronos about them? Wow

Why would we? Kronos and TOP are close allies. Why would we assume that a close ally would be anything other than above the board when offering to broker a resolution on behalf of their friend?

Why would we? Kronos and TOP are close allies. Why would we assume that a close ally would be anything other than above the board when offering to broker a resolution on behalf of their friend?

Because your issue was with Kronos, not TOP, therefore it makes a lot of sense to not deal with other parties directly and entirely.

That's a fair assumption to make, actually. That it would be in good faith.

Because your issue was with Kronos, not TOP, therefore it makes a lot of sense to not deal with other parties directly and entirely.

So essentially, you're saying that Tyga and STA should have made the assumption that TOP was going behind Kronos' back to begin with?

Edited by Chron

He wasn't a member of TOP gov, just a very well known name. It was our (TOP) own fault that this happened, misinterpretations during our intra-ally talks and we all ended up at that stage. I don't think anyone here is trying to refute that, and I could certainly understand the confusion on STA's end. That's why everyone just agreed to drop it in the end, and STA got 300 free tech for the inconvenience. Not really a bad deal if you ask me.

I'm not really sure why we're bothering to go over what is now ancient history, what's done is done.

Might I suggest you take that issue up with TOP then? They're the ones who approached us, claiming to have the authority to broker this deal. It was very clear that they were also talking to Kronos simultaneously. If they didn't have the authority to speak to us, it was Kronos who would have known that, not STA, and they should have sent us a query, since they knew TOP was speaking with us at the time.

He wasn't a member of TOP gov, just a very well known name. It was our (TOP) own fault that this happened, misinterpretations during our intra-ally talks and we all ended up at that stage. I don't think anyone here is trying to refute that, and I could certainly understand the confusion on STA's end. That's why everyone just agreed to drop it in the end, and STA got 300 free tech for the inconvenience. Not really a bad deal if you ask me.

I'm not really sure why we're bothering to go over what is now ancient history, what's done is done.

Kissgoodbye is most definitely a member of TOP's government.

We were speaking with KGB and Crymson.

Indeed. This has all already been covered in the OP (and last night). The sent tech was a misinterpretation on our part, and everyone walked away peacefully.

We're going in circles now, so I'll leave y'all to your devices.

Edited by LOLtex

Might I suggest you take that issue up with TOP then? They're the ones who approached us, claiming to have the authority to broker this deal. It was very clear that they were also talking to Kronos simultaneously. If they didn't have the authority to speak to us, it was Kronos who would have known that, not STA, and they should have sent us a query, since they knew TOP was speaking with us at the time.

Might I suggest you get into a priv channel with your gov and add a clause to your charter where it requires you to go to the AA that you actually have a problem with? Its not acceptable that you did not even discuss the "accepted" terms with the AA that you actually had a confrontation with. Yes, small part of this goes onto top and kronos for miscommunication. But. The good part falls on to STA for not using common sense about discussing terms.

Might I suggest you get into a priv channel with your gov and add a clause to your charter where it requires you to go to the AA that you actually have a problem with? Its not acceptable that you did not even discuss the "accepted" terms with the AA that you actually had a confrontation with. Yes, small part of this goes onto top and kronos for miscommunication. But. The good part falls on to STA for not using common sense about discussing terms.

Dude, I am on your team and all, but that does not really make sense. Someone comes to you and says they have authority to fix stuff, you generally do not check their documentation first. :P

What IS that? Why in the world were numerous and unrelated alliances informed that there was a problem before we were? We were just going about our merry business of rationing the twinkies when we start getting bombarded with messages from completely unrelated parties, who magically knew exactly what was going to transpire in a meeting that was to take place 5 hours later.

It's a good thing we had that meeting last night where all this confusion was settled then, isn't it?