Siberian Tiger Alliance Announcement

Tygaland

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious; I made a really simple statement, meant to express support for a specific factual position, not really expecting much reaction to be honest - instead I get 12 messages in a row talking about me, including one claiming that I'm truly conceited.

If you guys keep on talking about me like this, well it might eventually become true. :) You might want to pay attention to Jadoo, and learn from his example if your goal is to convince me you don't think I'm important.

I think you are just pissy because STA leadership has paid more attention to Kronos leadership during this little incident then they have over all the months of Valhalla trying to "make friends" with STA. I guess these posts of yours are enough for me to assume that such a silly notion is long gone? I don't come around much so I wouldnt mind having my assumption clarified.

1. I'm not sure your kind of "attention" is what Kronos wanted. <_<

2. I remain hopeful that relations between STA and Valhalla can improve, but I don't see Kronos, Valhalla's MDoAP partner being a catalyst for it.

3. You assume too much.

Most people don't need a lawyer when they pull someone out of a burning car either. But hey, if there's a chance I do something wrong and get accused of making the injuries worse (or God forbid they decide to claim I made the injuries worse on purpose...) and face the equivalent of a multimillion dollar lawsuit, then by all means, crawl out of the car yourself. I'll be standing over here. Watching the fire.

EDIT: 'out of' not 'of'

The equivalent a multimillion dollar lawsuit? It's 300 tech. More like the equivalent of giving somebody 20 bucks and saying 'whoops, my bad'.

OOC: You people and your terrible RL analogies...

Edited by Lord Brendan

The equivalent a multimillion dollar lawsuit? It's 300 tech. More like the equivalent of giving somebody 20 bucks and saying 'whoops, my bad'.

OOC: You people and your terrible RL analogies...

300 tech @ $3 million per 50 = $18,000,000

Math is fundamental.

Also, when I say that STA should deal with all rogues themselves in the future, I'm implying that I wouldn't lift a finger to help them, only let them know who's a rogue/not a rogue from those displaying my AA. I would also laugh in their face if they came to me later for damages. This incident has made it rather clear that when you try to help (I don't buy for a second that Kronos planned in any way to fill the war slots of rogues for the purpose of increasing the damage to STA), you get accused of "doing it wrong". Easiest way to solve the problem is not to get involved, even if that means that STA will suffer more damage as a result.

OOC: Your OOC remark is noted and is frankly unnecessary.

Math is fundamental.

Also, when I say that STA should deal with all rogues themselves in the future, I'm implying that I wouldn't lift a finger to help them, only let them know who's a rogue/not a rogue from those displaying my AA. I would also laugh in their face if they came to me later for damages. This incident has made it rather clear that when you try to help (I don't buy for a second that Kronos planned in any way to fill the war slots of rogues for the purpose of increasing the damage to STA), you get accused of "doing it wrong". Easiest way to solve the problem is not to get involved, even if that means that STA will suffer more damage as a result.

I dont think we will ever want/need your help or your laughter in our face. So save it. Also followed your own advice which i so kindly put in bold for you

I dont think we will ever want/need your help or your laughter in our face. So save it. Also followed your own advice which i so kindly put in bold for you

I'm not laughing. Going rogue is a stupid waste of a nation. Even if you hate another alliance enough to see them die in fire, the best solution is to organize others against them, not get your arse shot off for a few moments of faux glory.

If I have a problem with STA at the moment, it is because they accused an ally of war slot filling. You don't throw around that accusation without solid proof, and all I've seen out of this thread and other related threads is conjecture, not proof.

However, it's probably best if this thread is allowed to slowly make its way to page 2. We're not going to settle anything here tonight (my local time) or in 100 nights.

Math is fundamental.

Which, in Cybernations terms, is a small sum. Thanks for proving his point, Hal.

Also, when I say that STA should deal with all rogues themselves in the future, I'm implying that I wouldn't lift a finger to help them, only let them know who's a rogue/not a rogue from those displaying my AA.

So, your big insult here is to give us what we have requested? Stop, please, the pain...I can't take anymore!

I would also laugh in their face if they came to me later for damages.

I highly doubt the STA would come to you for anything. But your infatuation with the STA does give me a chuckle.

This incident has made it rather clear that when you try to help (I don't buy for a second that Kronos planned in any way to fill the war slots of rogues for the purpose of increasing the damage to STA), you get accused of "doing it wrong".

Yes, Kronos, who despised the STA and stated as much to our recent ambassadors manning our Embassy on their forum was just diving on a grenade to help the STA. Again, a great laugh, Hal.

Easiest way to solve the problem is not to get involved, even if that means that STA will suffer more damage as a result.

Anything but the briar patch, Br'er Hal!

Edited by Tygaland

If I have a problem with STA at the moment, it is because they accused an ally of war slot filling. You don't throw around that accusation without solid proof, and all I've seen out of this thread and other related threads is conjecture, not proof.

However, it's probably best if this thread is allowed to slowly make its way to page 2. We're not going to settle anything here tonight (my local time) or in 100 nights.

FAKE EDIT: P.S. Your humor stopped playing here a very long time ago.

Edited by ChairmanHal

FAKE EDIT: P.S. Your humor stopped playing here a very long time ago.

What is frightening is that after all this discussion you still have no idea what STA's issue was.

Have I told you today I <3 you Tyga?

Im also pretty fond of the Vikings too! Yes im look at you ChairmanHal

also where are my twinkies I was promised....

I think ChairmanHal intercepted them in a noble act of self-sacrifice to prevent you from developing diabetes.

Edited by Tygaland

Have I told you today I <3 you Tyga?

Im also pretty fond of the Vikings too! Yes im look at you ChairmanHal

also where are my twinkies I was promised....

VSOP United is a peaceful nation. War is not an option.

Too bad. It would have been a nice tango had you still been in my range. ;)

Also...had you attack Valhalla, you wouldn't be lounging in the hippy lounge now, congratulations I suppose?

I think ChairmanHal intercepted them in a noble act of self-sacrifice to prevent you from developing diabetes.

I never stand between a man and his Twinkies. Never. If he didn't get them, I would attribute that to efficiency of the military couriers of your truly stellar war machine.

I never stand between a man and his Twinkies. Never. If he didn't get them, I would attribute that to efficiency of the military couriers of your truly stellar war machine.

No, but you often stand between people and common sense, facts and logic. I guess that is a full-time job and leaves little time for Twinkie hijacking.

Edited by Tygaland

Ok I admit it I stole the twinkies. Majik promised me a twirl back in the karma war and then we started but never finished. The twinkies were his reps for my physchological damage. No further shipments shall be intercepted.

@ heinousone the talks with you and this incident are totally seperate and have nothing to do with each other so let us not attempt to put more here than there truly is.

We at Valhalla are passionate about our allies and there for perhaps a little verbose when we see what we perceive to be them getting accused of foul play. I know one side of the story but I can understand STAs perceptions of the events that occured. While I am sure their perceptions are wrong it's understandable how they got there. All I can say is with what I know of Kronos they are a great bunch and if they wanted to hit STA they would have done it straight up. There was no collusion to cause more damage to STA. I

No, but you often stand between people and common sense, facts and logic. I guess that is a full-time job and leaves little time for Twinkie hijacking.

Can't help but resorting to the personal attacks, can you? Beyond that, your favorite is calling people 'stupid' or some variation there of.

tigger_facts.gif

Poor, silly Tyga.

In response to your mathematics, ChairmanHal:

It is very rare to find a technology deal involving 3 million dollars for 50 technology. A better model would be 3 million dollars for 100 technology, which, from a smaller nation, is still profit to the smaller nation. Therefore, 300 technology is really 9 million dollars. I am the leader of a 4,000 Nation Strength nation and I have that much on hand. If Kronos can't afford that, there is a problem.

Math is fundamental.

3 million per fifty? What kind of terrible tech sellers are you purchasing from?

Too bad. It would have been a nice tango had you still been in my range. ;)

Also...had you attack Valhalla, you wouldn't be lounging in the hippy lounge now, congratulations I suppose?

Hah the funny thing is I still would be in peace if I hit you/Valhalla, also if ya really want a fight Ill be there in about a week all ya have to do is ask. I also owe bud a round so it works well. Now if I hadnt blown all that cash on boats >.<

Hmmm spies spies spies

In response to your mathematics, ChairmanHal:

It is very rare to find a technology deal involving 3 million dollars for 50 technology. A better model would be 3 million dollars for 100 technology, which, from a smaller nation, is still profit to the smaller nation. Therefore, 300 technology is really 9 million dollars. I am the leader of a 4,000 Nation Strength nation and I have that much on hand. If Kronos can't afford that, there is a problem.

Since you approached me in a manner that doesn't reek of smartarse, I'll respond in kind:

I routinely pay my tech sellers that amount. It benefits them better and ultimately they sell to me longer. I strongly recommend it for all internal tech deals.

That was probably on my mind when I quoted the figure. True enough if you go with the standard rate, the net amount is indeed $ 9 million. However, whether it is 9 or 18, the fact remains that a matter of principle was involved, Kronos stood by their principles, and I salute them for it.

Hah the funny thing is I still would be in peace if I hit you/Valhalla, also if ya really want a fight Ill be there in about a week all ya have to do is ask. I also owe bud a round so it works well. Now if I hadnt blown all that cash on boats >.<

Hmmm spies spies spies

You are starting to grow on me. :laugh:

Given the current state of your nation, I don't see a one-on-one joust in our future. However, if you need a loan to cover the round with Bud, just let me know. You should be aware he considers a yard of ale to be a few good sips. :o

Only if ya knew my Current chest size ;) But Im sure ill be fine without a loan considering the drastic reduction of bills. I do seem to be missing a few thousand miles of land :/ which kinda sucks but eh just means I can raid more. As for bud...Well lets just say I didnt have My WRC last time we fought, So I do expect a rematch one of these days.

Since you approached me in a manner that doesn't reek of smartarse, I'll respond in kind:

I routinely pay my tech sellers that amount. It benefits them better and ultimately they sell to me longer. I strongly recommend it for all internal tech deals.

That was probably on my mind when I quoted the figure. True enough if you go with the standard rate, the net amount is indeed $ 9 million. However, whether it is 9 or 18, the fact remains that a matter of principle was involved, Kronos stood by their principles, and I salute them for it.

I respect your position, although I disagree with it.

On another note, might you be interested in a technology deal? I know this isn't really the place for it, but we were discussing prices, and $3 million for 50 technology is a great seller's rate. Send me a fax (OOC: Message me In-Game) if you might be interested.