A Joint Announcement from the Orange Defense Network and Athens

Style #386

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how the dogs and vultures don't realize this has been in the works and on the back-burner for, how long now?

So they've been planning to sign an optional treaty for how long, and the best they come up with is this horribly written nonsense? Furthermore ODN feels the need to announce it once Athens gets into trouble which it then backs out of? Sorry. Not buying it.

Coursca, you continue to bring a high level of rational discourse to every thread you post in. Your professionalism and intellect are duly noted.

Professionalism? You must be out of the loop -- I'm happily retired. And in general, I must say I laughed out loud at this, especially given the individual making the comments. You speak as if you actually know something about me. That's quite laughable, actually, because even when we were on the same side I never heard word one from you. You sat in joint alliance channels and said (and did) nothing for months on end. You don't know anything about me.

So, that means you're speaking of me based on...what?...me being bluntly honest with your alliance? Me airing my grievances with your alliance for maintaining a ridiculous version of history, essentially lying about a year's span of bilateral relations? Me actually having a truthful and complete accounting of events which occurred under my tenure? Me being angry (for good reason) with you and certain elements of your current government?

All I see is you puffing out your chest and beating it at me in yet another failed attempt to assert some sort of reputation for being some sort of "tough guy" while dodging the reality of your history. You'd think if you have several legitimate former and current government members on this planet irate with you in public on a regular basis, you'd actually do something to find the source of that irritation rather than shrug it off with faux intellectual attempts at argumentum ad hominem.

If you and yours want some "rational discourse," you know where to find me. Until you make a legitimate attempt, deal with it.

I'd prefer one from the spud :v:

Great success!

If this is the sort of response we're going to get, this is going to be a very long thread :ehm:

It's longer than I thought it'd be already. :P

So they've been planning to sign an optional treaty for how long, and the best they come up with is this horribly written nonsense? Furthermore ODN feels the need to announce it once Athens gets into trouble which it then backs out of? Sorry. Not buying it.

That explains what this "tough guy" nonsense is all about. Thank you RV.

I believe you are misunderstanding. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that it is accidental.

This treaty has been in effect since it's ratification by ODN approximately twenty four hours previously to this post, following a forty eight hour voting period. So, I do believe it was in effect during whatever raiding/warring incident occurred.

[ooc]I am quasi-nocturnal and didn't get around to posting this until the afternoon.[/ooc] The treaty was in effect either way so far as I am concerned.

Edited by Style #386

Well lets pull up a couple of chairs, crack a couple of brews and engage in some small chit-chat till it really heats up...how are you Musso?

Fine, thank you. Yourself? What is your opinion on the latest actions of your most recent ally?

OOC: See Style, it is much harder to make a fuss out of a post like this one.

Fine, thank you. Yourself? What is your opinion on the latest actions of your most recent ally?

Cata is a much kinder soul than I, God bless him.

Good, good. As for recent events things happened and i do believe that it is done and dusted, perhaps not to everyone's satisfaction but done nevertheless.

Edited by Cataduanes

- Imagine a fancy speech here.

-imagine signatures here-

- Imagine me congratulating you here -

Huh, that actually sounded a little !@#$%*y. Lemme try again:

Everytime I come close to elaborating it sounds insulting:

"I'm sure someone stayed up really late working on this," or "way to tighten a PIAT by a quarter turn" are examples.

The only way this could have been better was if it only applied on certain days of the week. Aw - did it again!

Honestly, without predjudice to either of you, congrats on your oDoAP.

athodntreaty.png

- Imagine a fancy speech here. Like one of Potato's announcements if you please. Something about friendship and aiding and Athens and ODN. Also llamas.-

Orange You Glad Athens Has Your Back?

Article 1: Should you find yourself at war with one party, you will likely find yourself at war with the other.

Article 2: This treaty may be considered null and void seventy two hours following the private notification of such by either party, as addressed to the other.

Edit:

-imagine signatures here-

Is this a figment of my imagination? If it is not, good luck and congrats to two grand alliances.