SLCB Harboring Rogues?

Jorost

I am pleased to say that SLCB and Invicta were able to negotiate reps. I am somewhat less pleased to say that my own knucklehead member then went and retaliated against orders! Sigh. In the immortal words of Cobra Commander, "Why must great men always be surrounded by lesser beings?" :)

[OOC]On a separate note, I was shocked to see how many responses there were to this thread. 18 pages! Wow. If nothing else, this "Purple Cold War" we've fallen into has done wonders for activity! Who wants to take off their shoe and bang it on the podium while shouting "WE WILL BURY YOU"? :) [/OOC]

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pleased to say that SLCB and Invicta were able to negotiate reps. I am somewhat less pleased to say that my own knucklehead member then went and retaliated against orders! Sigh. In the immortal words of Cobra Commander, "Why must great men always be surrounded by lesser beings?" :)

[OOC]On a separate note, I was shocked to see how many responses there were to this thread. 18 pages! Wow. If nothing else, this "Purple Cold War" we've fallen into has done wonders for activity! Who wants to take off their shoe and bang it on the podium while shouting "WE WILL BURY YOU"? :) [/OOC]

That's it, you quoted Cobra Commander and thus, you have won this debate.

Oh lord, the profuse smug emanating from this post is nauseating.

*Takes off his shoe and bangs it on the podium

"WE WILL BURY YOU!"

Oh wait... im not on the purple sphere anymore, my bad. I am glad this was able to be resolved though i will say i greatly dislike how it was handled by both parties. I dont think threads like this are needed on the owfs for simple rogues. Now if this matter had gotten larger than i would understand, but for single rouge? Unneeded.

Alright. You're not going to like what I say, but I don't care. You know how in prison, you really have to stand up for yourself? How, if you let one guy hit you and you don't defend yourself, you'll soon be everyone's &$#@*? Yeah, that applies here too. Take a big gulp and a few painkillers and stand up for yourself and attack SLCB or don't, and sit here, and continue to be laughed at by everyone in the world, including myself. Grow some balls and do something about it, Jorost.

You guys could just agree to fight each other.

Invicta + Protectorates vs. Stickmen would be a decent matchup ;) . Have at it for a week or two to get the frustrations out.

This idea actually came up a bit ago. We all decided it'd be rather stupid and pointless. :P

Alright. You're not going to like what I say, but I don't care. You know how in prison, you really have to stand up for yourself? How, if you let one guy hit you and you don't defend yourself, you'll soon be everyone's &$#@*? Yeah, that applies here too. Take a big gulp and a few painkillers and stand up for yourself and attack SLCB or don't, and sit here, and continue to be laughed at by everyone in the world, including myself. Grow some balls and do something about it, Jorost.

Lets be honest here, if they had done that, you would have been one of the first to come out screaming that their CB was weak.

It seems likely Stickmen are trying to goad Invicta into a war -and everyone in this thread knows it- and Stickmen with their allies have far more firepower on their side. At first, I read the OP and thought this was an idiotic thread that served no purpose except to further indicate that Stickmen and Invicta do not like each other. But as I am reading through it, it occurs to me that Stickmen might have just posted this incident themselves to show how Invicta doesn't have a spine. If Invicta's consideration was either post this themselves or allow you to do it first, they made the right call. Of course they're not going to launch a war that someone is trying to get them to launch, they just got beaten down in a conflict that wasn't theirs and I don't think they're ready to see the same alliances defeat them again.

I'm not really a big fan of either side in this pointless conflict, but I think if you (or Stickmen. This time of year, it's difficult to figure out people's affiliations) continue to beat Invicta around you'll end up with more enemies than you can handle. I've never much liked Invicta, but I've also never much liked bullying either.

Fakedit: That last comment seems odd as I'm dressed as noWedge

Yeah we did discuss it, but it was pretty roundly criticized by members of both sides. Too bad, because I think it was an idea that had some merit.

I don't remember being involved in this conversation. If I had been there, perhaps you and I could have teamed up and convinced everyone why it is such a good idea to just get the tension out of the way once and for all.

Then perhaps we can be best friends : D

Lets be honest here, if they had done that, you would have been one of the first to come out screaming that their CB was weak.

Er...

Hypocrisy is a dish best served in the trash bin.

bigwoody now look what you've done, you made me agree with Chron.

Why is this thread still alive?

Stumpy, which threads have always gone on to dozens if not hundreds of pages?

a: Important treaty announcements, critical changes in the political landscape, etc

OR

b: Pointless drama based around idle speculation and saber rattling

Stumpy, which threads have always gone on to dozens if not hundreds of pages?

a: Important treaty announcements, critical changes in the political landscape, etc

OR

b: Pointless drama based around idle speculation and saber rattling

Im afraid the accuracy of your statement has put me into a depressive state from which I will never recover. -_-

Apparently you don't know me very well, Woody. I'd have been praising them for growing some damn balls and taking their lumps. As it is, if I were SLCB I would have no problem having my members attack, then demanding peace from Invicta, aiding them up, having them attack again, etc. At this point Invicta has proven that they won't do anything no matter what because they're too afraid to.

Apparently you don't know me very well, Woody. I'd have been praising them for growing some damn balls and taking their lumps. As it is, if I were SLCB I would have no problem having my members attack, then demanding peace from Invicta, aiding them up, having them attack again, etc. At this point Invicta has proven that they won't do anything no matter what because they're too afraid to.

Your conviction is based upon what we decided to do in the face of a single 5K rogue who wasn't being aided by Stickmen, and frankly, based on his nation I doubt he's ever received much foreign aid, or is particularly likely to receive much in the future, and who had never attacked us before.

It's not necessary to permazi every rogue attacker to keep your alliance safe, you know.

This is probably the most assine statement yet. Is there anyway for Invicta to stop this other than what they have done, no there isnt. They chose to take a more peacefull solution and bring it too the masses so you bag on them. Im sure we have all seen the tensions here on purple and it is apparent to many of us that some wish to have another shot at us. Forgive us for not opening the door and accepting that TROJAN horse.

Good to see reps were worked out and while this is but another chapter in the book of Stickmen and Purple at least this one is over.

It's hard to think of how Invicta could have handled this worse. Well, I guess blitzing the whole of Stickmen would have been worse. But this is pretty bad.

If a nations attacks my alliance, it's getting its war slots filled, anarchied and a PM sent to it saying that the ruler must pay reparations for the initial attack (depending on the size of the nations involved, possibly rounded to $3m, but probably not at this size) before peace will be accepted. That's one reasonable approach to the matter. If you'd done that and SLCB had attacked you over it, you'd have a cast iron status of 'defender' and be able to roll them.

The other sensible approach is to conduct negotiations with the alliance leadership in order to get reps paid by the alliance. That has been taking place behind the scenes here, as we can see from the fact it did get sorted out, but it shouldn't come out into the public arena if that's the case.

Posting this thread is equivalent to saying 'You managed to provoke us into annoyance, but we're too weak to do anything about it'. You should either have done something about it or kept a diplomatic poker face.

Re nations attacking after a ceasefire, that's deeply unprofessional. We're not talking about a full scale war and coordinating peace deals across hundreds of nations, here. There are less than 10 nations involved, each one of them should have got a PM from their alliance telling them that peace had been negotiated and they shouldn't attack any more. If that wasn't done, then Invicta's military is incompetent, and if it was, the member in question can't follow simple orders. Good show on their part in sending the reps quickly, though (although they really couldn't not do so after making a huge public fuss over non-payment of reps).

Edit: It's very clear that this incident was designed to either bait Invicta into a war or annoy them. That doesn't mean that this is a good response, though. As mentioned above, you can fully engage a nation that attacks you without becoming the aggressor in a war.

Edited by Bob Janova

Your conviction is based upon what we decided to do in the face of a single 5K rogue who wasn't being aided by Stickmen, and frankly, based on his nation I doubt he's ever received much foreign aid, or is particularly likely to receive much in the future, and who had never attacked us before.

It's not necessary to permazi every rogue attacker to keep your alliance safe, you know.

Do it your way then. I reserve the right to laugh every time they take more actions against you and you sit back saying "eh it's alright it's not that bad."

All I can say from reading this thread is a big LOL@Purple

Hail SLCB, the alliance who hands Purple a CB, and they're to afraid of you to do anything. o/

WOW, you are in belair, thats on pink you are still lower in the world then purple.

Why is this thread still alive?

becuase fools like everyone in bob keep posting here.