Poll: Next big war

KIADO

When do you think will the next big war happen?  

880 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see why there are so many "between now and the new year". Sure, it's possible we'll see a war, but a BIG war, that soon? With no visibile open hostilities on anything other than semantics? Seems like we'll have to wait longer to me. Also, inb4vfabic

I can't see why there are so many "between now and the new year". Sure, it's possible we'll see a war, but a BIG war, that soon? With no visibile open hostilities on anything other than semantics? Seems like we'll have to wait longer to me. Also, inb4vfabic

Thats easy. The NPO is no longer the focal point of a massive treaty web. This new worlds web is just as complex, but with no central focal point there isn't any risk of pissing off friends of friends of friends that might result in a one or two alliance beatdown. This mighy embolden some alliances to play a 50/50 hand.

Also, its not like there are fewer alliances that want to kill each other in our Post Karma world. Just because they sorta fought on the same side last time doesn't mean they will again, or that they even liked each other. As we found out post war, common enemies made for strange bed fellows, but didint result in marriages.

Thats not to say there WILL be a large war coming soon. But the powder keg has never been more unpredictable.

It's hard to say. There's many more potential splits, as the world is not so bipolar. There aren't as many aggressive alliances likely to start wars, as Hegemony did, especially when the fall-out is very unpredictable given the complex relations going on. The defender also has a significant advantage because it's allies are basically obligated to come in, while the attackers allies are not. It would take a combination of a very solid CB (generally rare), an attacker willing to use it, and an attacker knowing he has a good chance of winning which is hard when the treaty web is so interconnected. It's hard to tell if and when that might happen.

It's hard to say. There's many more potential splits, as the world is not so bipolar. There aren't as many aggressive alliances likely to start wars, as Hegemony did, especially when the fall-out is very unpredictable given the complex relations going on. The defender also has a significant advantage because it's allies are basically obligated to come in, while the attackers allies are not. It would take a combination of a very solid CB (generally rare), an attacker willing to use it, and an attacker knowing he has a good chance of winning which is hard when the treaty web is so interconnected. It's hard to tell if and when that might happen.

This is correct. The 50/50 roll stops being a 50/50 roll once acted upon in the current environment.

I'll predict 12-24 months until the next major war. Over/Under is 18 months.

EDIT: Further, I don't think CBs will even come into play. Even with the very solid CB, risk aversion will give the defender the advantage, unless everyone backs away for a curbstomp. A very solid CB in the current environment will create a curbstomping.

Edited by bigwoody

It won't happen till next year, but sometime next year, something will happen. It always does.

Also, all the blocs will be involved, as they usually are. The ones who are on that list, but might be broken up by that time, will have alliances that were in the bloc, in the war, so are technically a part of the war.

The only bloc listed that may not get involved is Citadel, and that opinion is based mostly on the reluctance of some parties within that bloc to get involved in a fight if they don't absolutely have to.

Because TOP just loves their stats.

Joking aside, I think the Great Purplol War will take place sometime in December.

-Bama

Because TOP just loves their stats.

Joking aside, I think the Great Purplol War will take place sometime in December.

-Bama

Oh god no. I never have time in December to wage long time warfare. It needs to start in November else I have to hippy it out :(