Quite Possibly an Endorsement

Dear purplol and the rest of planet Bob,

I stand before you on this day, humble for the task ahead of me, grateful of the trust you have been giving me. I'm aware of the endless sacrifices that have been made, for which I thank you deeply. I would like to thank Haflinger for doing a great job the last time he was voted in the senate. Those two days were quite remarkable.

Fourthy-four senators have taken the senatorial oath, but they have all done this in economic upheaval and in the calm waters of peace and prosperity. This time is different, the purple economy has suffered, suffered from all the stagnancy that the PEACE bloc has caused. Not only has the purple economy suffered, no, my fellow purple brethren in the Stickmen have been discriminated! DISCRIMINATED I TELL YOU. I cannot, and I say it again, I cannot stand by and watch my fellow purple brethren being discriminated by the color of their purple skin. It shouldn't matter if you are light purple or dark purple. In the end, we are all purple form the inside.

I shall reunite the purple sphere like it was when Mr. NoWedge was still in control. You have my word and oath.

Viva la purple!

Viva la Stickmen!

You're so full of !@#$ its coming out your ears :wub:

we like our PM list and i think we'll keep it the way it is. :)

Or rather, you're an arrogant pompous $@! who won't acquiesce to a kindly worded and respectful request from a Legion member who doesn't want to keep receiving your crap. Yeah, you're the good guys : :rolleyes:

Kind of seems like Michiel de Ruyter (aka Arexes) is tho one doing the hating...

So, I guess when you talk about the "change" Purple needs, you mean a change to a narrow-minded, sexist bigot? Hmm. Well, I guess to be fair, you didn't say it would be a good change.

:)

Of course it is Jorost! Truly iFOK are the proverbial messiah, they are the Prometheus of our sphere, bravely bringing us light to take us out of the darkness that has pervaded our lives.

Logdump with me in it!? My life is finally perfect.

I can second that, it makes me feel important.

So far we have had both sides claiming that the others were cold and rude and generally just asshats to each other. I was there, and I was of the opinion that both sides were reasonable and seemed to be getting along well. But hell, I did a boat load of coke before that meeting, what do I know. In any case, if Stickman wants to hold by their story that we were threatening them and such and wanted them to put all the effort in, sure that would be annoying, but I for one would persevere and do so. Instead, you grabbed a stick and decided that wacking the metaphorical hornets nest would be the best way to make friends with the hornets. Smart FA there, care to explain why?

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly, but you have to recognize that PEACE is comprised of all the major powers on purple. So at the very least, it would behoove you to try to get on well with us, seeing as how we make up the majority of the sphere.

We're making progress here. So, because you have all the big boys us little boys at Stickmen have to bend over backwards for you? Ah, cool, finally someone from purple admits it.

So far we have had both sides claiming that the others were cold and rude and generally just asshats to each other. I was there, and I was of the opinion that both sides were reasonable and seemed to be getting along well. But hell, I did a boat load of coke before that meeting, what do I know. In any case, if Stickman wants to hold by their story that we were threatening them and such and wanted them to put all the effort in, sure that would be annoying, but I for one would persevere and do so. Instead, you grabbed a stick [and decided that wacking the metaphorical hornets nest would be the best way to make friends with the hornets. Smart FA there, care to explain why?

Please can you not to refer to Stick's in that way, we are very self conscious.

Edited by Shovel

Percentages, honey. We have significantly far more than the 200 extra extra votes on other candidates we need to beat out your 90% turn out, and we don't consider it unusual.

Bingo. Aqua attracts people because we don't tell them how to run their affairs. They don't have to be part of the cool clique if they don't want to.

Ask M*A*S*H how much we dictated their affairs in the Karma War. And out of PEACE, ask Avalon how much we meddle with them daily. I'll give you a hint: I don't think you'll get the answer you're looking for. ;)

We're making progress here. So, because you have all the big boys us little boys at Stickmen have to bend over backwards for you? Ah, cool, finally someone from purple admits it.

Please cannot you not to refer to Stick's in that way, we are very self conscious.

You seem quite good at twisting other people's words maybe you should write for (OOC) Fox News...

So you're saying you'd rather be at odds with the rest of purple than get along and grow with the rest of us... suit yourself.

Do you own purple or something? Because that's all I can deduce from what you just said.

This is the crux of the problem and has been since you moved to Purple. Stickmen have shown a total lack of respect or courtesy to the rest of Purple since your move but you complain and whine on and on when you get the cold shoulder. The brown sphere must be laughing their @$% off now after avoiding this kind of childishness on a weekly basis. Congrats to the brown sphere o/

Please can you not to refer to Stick's in that way, we are very self conscious.

Cute, deflect, don't answer the question or even attempt for a rebuttal. But at least you're having fun ;)

This is the crux of the problem and has been since you moved to Purple. Stickmen have shown a total lack of respect or courtesy to the rest of Purple since your move but you complain and whine on and on when you get the cold shoulder. The brown sphere must be laughing their @$% off now after avoiding this kind of childishness on a weekly basis. Congrats to the brown sphere o/

i bet they'd let us run someone for senate and not blow an o-ring over it.

You seem quite good at twisting other people's words maybe you should write for (OOC) Fox News...

So you're saying you'd rather be at odds with the rest of purple than get along and grow with the rest of us... suit yourself.

Personally? I like fun and games, so sure. ;) But pretty much everyone else in Stickmen were up for getting to know you guys better, hell, they even decided on joining PEACE. But you guys just had to make the jibes and remarks and make us feel unwanted.

Cute, deflect, don't answer the question or even attempt for a rebuttal. But at least you're having fun

I did answer the question, just mockingly (word?). ;)

Edited by Shovel

sounds like a few people think that they are better than the rest and therefore should control the purple sphere. it was handled in a diplomatic manner and it appears the populous is united in saying Vote Michiel de Ruyter for purple senate.

I am sorry, its not like we worked 2 years to make peace in Purple and work out something was fair for everyone involved. Sure you guys deserve a Senate seat after being in Purple few a few months, I mean if I swithced to Orange tomorrow I am sure they would give me a Senate spot right away right?

Let me redirect you to a very interesting thread. ;)

sounds like a few people think that they are better than the rest and therefore should control the purple sphere. it was handled in a diplomatic manner and it appears the populous is united in saying Vote Michiel de Ruyter for purple senate.

Really? 3 votes separate the top four. You have your own bloc(well the ones who bothered switching to purple) mass spam PMs and a last ditch cap in hand public begging session and you are still two votes from losing your seat. I would say the populous have united behind PEACE. :P

Edited by Alterego

Hey Stickmen, why wouldn't you work with the purple blocs when you originally moved to purple?

My guess is because they had no intention of working with them to begin with. This whole updated and their whole move to purple seems to have been simply to antagonize.

It's working too, judging by the replies.

Really? 3 votes separate the top four. You have your own bloc(well the ones who bothered switching to purple) mass spam PMs and a last ditch cap in hand public begging session and you are two votes from losing your seat. I would say the populous have united behind PEACE. :P

You're REALLY trying to spin it to make it look like we are the ones failing? Really? PEACE and Poseidon have something like 1500 members and you can't even manage to beat Stickmen with a 190. Talk about incompetence.

Don't kid yourself. Aqua's fourth place is only 24 votes behind your first. We break 2,200 votes with just our top three and 3,000 with our top 5. It's part of the benefit of a free senate, but you wouldn't understand that.

I think he was talking about a Purple record

Well, really, no one owns the purple sphere. They're just carving out their slice on that sphere, they may be being dicks about it, but that's all they're doing. Just because a bunch of alliances have said "this is how we do things on this sphere, let's make a bloc to ensure things go according to our plans" doesn't mean that everyone on that sphere has to follow along. There may very well be consequences if they don't, but they seem to be willing to accept those consequences.

Also, this is pretty damned hilarious.

You're REALLY trying to spin it to make it look like we are the ones failing? Really? PEACE and Poseidon have something like 1500 members and you can't even manage to beat Stickmen with a 190. Talk about incompetence.

Whats next, you start offering $3m and 50tech per vote? :lol1: You reek of desperation and unfortunately for me I'm down wind.

Edited by Alterego

My guess is because they had no intention of working with them to begin with. This whole updated and their whole move to purple seems to have been simply to antagonize.

It's working too, judging by the replies.

Well actually we/they did have some intentions on working with them in the beginning.

But imho this cold war is much more fun to follow, atleast now that i got out of the situation. :)

(Personally i am still sad that the whole Purple-stickmen love didnt work out, i liked many of the purple leaders i met when stickmen moved to purple9

Whats next, you start offering $3m and 50tech per vote? :lol1: You reek of desperation and unfortunately foe me I'm down wind.

Alterego, remember, purple unity are the people threatening and doing all they can to get us off the purple senate. I would call that desperation, wouldn't you? ;)

Edited by Shovel

Whats next, you start offering $3m and 50tech per vote? :lol1: You reek of desperation and unfortunately for me I'm down wind.

You need to take a shower if you're really smelling that. Matt smells like rotten fish, not desperation.

Edited by Unavailable Contact

Alterego, remember, purple unity are the people threatening and doing all they can to get us off the purple senate. I would call that desperation, wouldn't you?

"All they can" is running a campaign to get their 3 senate members elected and if SM were being threatened by PU this would be a DoW thread by your allies on us and not a...well Im not exactly sure what to call this thread.