How long do you think it will take?

Il Principe

Before the Karma War all nations combined had a total of 479 million NS. During the war the Total Nation Strenght went down to around 320 NS (if I remember correctly). After almost 6 months of rebuilding we now have reached a total of 452 million NS.

I was really amazed by the huge damage done in one single war. And I'm curious to other people's opinion. How much time do you think we will need to reach 479 million NS again? Do you think the next war will be as destructive as the last one?

I myself beleive we will probably need to more months to reach 479 mill. NS again. Discuss...

Averaging 22m/mo we'd need just over a month

I dunno... 22m might be easier immediately after a war with infra being cheaper and those with decent warchests being able to dump a good amount of cash into rebuilding quickly... but I think growth would slow down quite a bit after that first boom.

Still down about 7000 nation strength, though part of that is the fact that I have minimal navy right now. The end of this sled will include an infra buy that will bring me roughly back to pre-war infra and NS.

Edited by Azaghul

Only a fool rates rebuilding CN in terms of strictly the nation strength. Anyone paying attention to the other important matters, such as the activity of the community, number of players, and overall state of things, realizes that CN hasn't even finished crashing from the Karma War, much less started serious rebuilding.

Did we really get down to 320 mil total NS? I remember it at more like 370 or 380.

Our relatively brief involvement in the war catapulted me up in the NS rankings, but Boris makes a good point: since the unthinkable happened - and so decisively - there's really no focal point of the drama. I spent well over a year hoping for a chance to hit NPO, and now that that's no longer an issue things are so much less interesting. We need some new bad guys.

Did we really get down to 320 mil total NS? I remember it at more like 370 or 380.

Our relatively brief involvement in the war catapulted me up in the NS rankings, but Boris makes a good point: since the unthinkable happened - and so decisively - there's really no focal point of the drama. I spent well over a year hoping for a chance to hit NPO, and now that that's no longer an issue things are so much less interesting. We need some new bad guys.

Blame NSO, they like it. :P

Whoa, I didn't realize we blew that much !@#$ up.

Yeah, it was pretty awesome. :rolleyes:

I myself was just recently on my former level (about 2 weeks ago) while MHA had only medium damage. We lost more as those alliances that surrendered after the first week but less as those fighting on for months. Obviously, losing alliances lost even more.

At the very latest, when NPO comes out of terms and buys all those nukes and fighters back.

Ehhh, NPO coming out of terms should be somewhere around Januari 2010 I guess. I hope we can do this sooner.

Don't know, but frankly Cyber Nations is better off without all these pixels, otherwise things start to stagnate.

I do not agree. The more pixels we have got, the more we can distroy. :ph34r: Being mostly hamless all the time some destruction every once in a while does wonders to loose my aggression. :)

Only a fool rates rebuilding CN in terms of strictly the nation strength.

I do not know whether you are talking to me in particular, but I never said I rate it strictly in nation strenght. I'm just a stat whore being amazed by the sheer destruction of the last war.

Even those that didn't delete have very difficult NS to replace. Growth is slow over 10,000 infra, and for the first time in the game a lot of that top-tier infra got blown up. The total NS might come back, but it will be from the bottom end nations building up quickly.

Not enough if you ask me. 8 months of rebuilding after 18 months of kumbaya.

As for me, I'm up by about 10k NS. :v:

I'm wondering how much NS there was in the Cyberverse before those 18 months of peaceful building. Maybe we managed to destroy in a few months what was build in years.

I'm wondering how much NS there was in the Cyberverse before those 18 months of peaceful building. Maybe we managed to destroy in a few months what was build in years.

Eh. Several thousand nations deleted and a few alliances, some of them big, got curbstomped. The number might not be as big as you'd expect.

One big factor though is that a lot of big nations got knocked down but their wonders didn't. The war only slowed the rate of wonder inflation because only those that got deleted lost them, though it knocked many temporarily out of wonder buying range.