Avalon Lodges a Formal Complaint

Also shirley if Avalon and it's members are neutral and have always been neutral why would your members vote? Why worry...?

late breaking news is that the rumours of avalon's senate voting neutrality have been greatly exaggerated.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We let our nations vote for whomever they wish, we hold no government policy on who they must vote for. But we do not want alliances spamming our nations to vote for anyone, on any side of the spectrum.

What?

Avalon has long held a policy of political neutrality in regards to the matters of Purple Senate. To do otherwise, given our history of limited participation in other areas of the sphere politics would be unseemly of us.

Esteemed Potato of the Mushroom Kingdom. I direct you to our original post as we in essence have already answered your query there:

So, if I get this right, if the Stickmen just decide to ignore your query and message your members again, you're not going to do anything. Is that correct?

LOLOLOL so if we don't stop, we run the risk of being rude?

I can live with that!

Then we have a great deal of pity for you. :(

So, if I get this right, if the Stickmen just decide to ignore your query and message your members again, you're not going to do anything. Is that correct?

Nothing military if that is what you are implying. No, at this point in time everything that we are prepared to do we are currently doing right here. This is after all a matter of etiquette and protocol not national security.

Edited by SyndicatedINC

We let our nations vote for whomever they wish, we hold no government policy on who they must vote for.

but you're now "encouraging" avalon members to vote for PEACE candidates?

sounds like you're not particularly neutral after all doesn't it?

Funny how you continually make this out to be PU problem or the PU is saying this. Avalon is a member of the Purple sphere yet belongs to none of the treaties. I personally dont care what you do I think it was a little cheesy but hey thats politics. Avalon has requested you not spam their members. Please quit trying to blow this up to make it look like and PU treaty partners are !@#$%*ing. We support Avalon in their right to request this small thing but other than that not a single member has come in here and went YA dont spam us either. Spam the Valhallans all you want with this message it will do you little to no good. Yes your in the lead for now and if you obtain the seat good for you, you earned it. I find it funny one Stickmen member is saying hey you guys dont want to get to know us and others are giving us the finger.

I think my point about the fragmented state of purple now has even more credence.

You can to their sphere. They had a hold on it long before you even thought of moving there.

I personally support Avalon. They have every right to oppose your silly spam tactics.

o/ Avalon \o

o/ Purple \o

i would hate to be your friend. if the newcomer has to make all the effort, what kind of friendship is that? garbage.

Such a tiny matter between two alliances is something that could have been well handled in private. The act of taking it public implies a desire to deliver a different sort of message than "Hey man, could you not do that anymore?" You're either seeking to discredit them or seeking to serve an ultimatum, neither of which is particularly admirable given the nominal nature of their offense.

As we've seen a few times in the history of the world, some people do not bring these preconceived notions of what the use of public declarations are solely for to the OWF as most of us do.

So this is what it has come to......people complaining over what amounts to junk mail. Are you kidding me? Seriously? Well, to take the stance of others, if you can't inform your alliance of what senator to vote for and they base their votes off of a "BUY NOW!! PAY NO INTEREST UNTIL PB YEAR 4 WITH NO MONEY DOWN!!!!" message, perhaps you should communicate your policy to your own members instead of expecting others to do it.

If these were recruitment messages, yeah there is a beef here. But they aren't and anyone who says otherwise is really making a stretch. When we in Ronin get these messages, we joke about them on IRC and then forget about them in 4 minutes.

Nothing military if that is what you are implying. No, at this point in time everything that we are prepared to do we are currently doing right here

except for encouraging your members to go ahead and vote for PEACE candidates.

i would hate to be your friend. if the newcomer has to make all the effort, what kind of friendship is that? garbage.

One in which you'd have to prove your worth. But never mind, I think we got it.

Look, the alliance doesn't want you to message their nations. They ask you not to. You say "What are you going to do about it?" Seriously, show some class. Respect the opinions of others and their policy.

as a practical matter, if these types of messages are to be sent in the future, it would be quite burdensome to exclude any single alliance from the list of recipients, assuming the recipients are found through the team color nation search function. so not only are you being butthurt over practically nothing, you're asking them to put in at least 10 times the effort to exclude your members from the mass PMs. on top of that, you're not even threatening them, just calling them rude!

i think it was an excellent idea to make such a limp-wristed display, o/ avalon

actually yeah where is our king? stumpy please come and settle this for us!

I was called upon and I have answered your pleas. Stickmen, be warned, voting for any senator that isn't directly approved of by me will not be acceptable, and neither will using other alliances to vote for him either. However, since I do approve of this senator, and I do hold reign over all of purple, I like to view the Purple senate as one senate rather than a divided one. Stickmen were merely trying to gain more votes from an alliance that refuses to support my regime by abstaining from the vote, and I have no qualm with their dedication to uniting my great sphere. Why dont we stop fighting my children and return to the unity that I created? If you keep acting up I will ban the senate entirely and make you all vote for me (and if I dont meet the top 100 list then Im gonna make everyone start deleting infra, and none of us want that).

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

Oh, btw, Avalon, nice neutrality:

x95ac.png

And when the screenshots start coming out, it's only a matter of time before logs start dropping and missiles start flying. That was fast. Get your helmets!