Crash Course in the CN World

Doc Anonymous

Alright, have to do the introduction to explain this, so bear with me. I'll have been playing CN for the better part of a year, but have only gotten into inter-alliance stuff around the beginning of the Karma War. I still check the boards once in a while, but can't make heads or tails of what's going on to be honest.

The point of this post was to ask a few of the people who know more about what is going on to give me and any other newer players like me a crash course in what is going on right now on planet bob. Include an overview of current events, important alliances/blocs we should know, and any other information that would help us understand CN right now.

Thanks to anyone who helps.

This is material taken directly from the TMF Academy, where the politicians of tomorrow are trained. This chart is titled "Post Karma War Political Summary".

politicsx.jpg

lol, thats is the best summary I have seen so faar

Sadly, there is no crash course in CN. A game with 27,000 players divided into hundreds of factions is so intricate that nobody can ever truly know everything. With time and observation you can learn much, but after a while you'll figure out that there's always something more that you don't know.

-Bama

its already been said but their is no "crash course" in CN.

My advice is to get involved in government and hope that you have intelligent capable leaders and learn from them. I've been here for around 1.5 years and still am learning things but i have an understanding of were all the major alliances sit politically and have worked my way high enough into the gov to be privy to some backroom information so i have a decent understanding of what is happening but nobody ever has a complete understanding of things.

The file download is in the topic in #gremlins. It's easier to see everything on the full 3D model.

If you still have trouble,, remember that you can push some buttons and then it will rotate, which both looks cool and makes it easier to see.

However, the fact that we need a 3D representation just to see our politics is hilarious.

Any way we could get it with a white background?

If you have the program, yes. Change the ClearColour line in config.txt (and probably the colours for treaties too). I like the black background, I think the lines are easier to see on there, each to his own :P

This is material taken directly from the TMF Academy, where the politicians of tomorrow are trained. This chart is titled "Post Karma War Political Summary".

politicsx.jpg

All it needs now is a "Key" or a "Legend"

Other than that, perfect :P