Crash Course in the CN World

Doc Anonymous

The point of this post was to ask a few of the people who know more about what is going on to give me and any other newer players like me a crash course in what is going on right now on planet bob.

Actually I'm not that informed myself. But I do think I know what is going on.

Until recently we were in a "after war rebuilding phase" with alliances rebuilding and reviewing their foreign treaties.

I think CN is evolving into a "realignment phase" right now. Most surrender terms have ended and most of the war damage has been rebuild. Alliances will be signing new treaties and they will cancel current (low)level treaties. They will be signing treaties with alliances within their current 'sphere of influence' (upgrading treaties or signing treaties with friends from friends) or are with alliances on other sides of the treaty web.

In a few months this will hopefully evolve into a "growing tensions" phase. This can take as much as a year if we are out of luck. :)

Edit: Thanks Ghuxalia! I should not mingle dutch and english ;) .

Edited by Il Principe

Actually I'm not that informed myself. But I do think I know what is going on.

Until recently we were in a "after war rebuilding fase" with alliances rebuilding and reviewing their foreign treaties.

I think CN is evolving into a "realignment fase" right now. Most surrender terms have ended and most of the war damage has been rebuild. Alliances will be signing new treaties and they will cancel current (low)level treaties. They will be signing treaties with alliances within their current 'sphere of influence' (upgrading treaties or signing treaties with friends from friends) or are with alliances on other sides of the treaty web.

In a few months this will hopefully evolve into a "growing tensions" fase. This can take as much as a year if we are out of luck. :)

it's phase. :P

that sums up the cycle, now all you need to do is figure out how to unwind the mess of the web!

also, lol3D

Sadly, there is no crash course in CN. A game with 27,000 players divided into hundreds of factions is so intricate that nobody can ever truly know everything. With time and observation you can learn much, but after a while you'll figure out that there's always something more that you don't know.

-Bama

But then all you really need to know is to stick with your friends and meh to the rest.

Take care,

Celtic

-Bama?

The file download is in the topic in #gremlins. It's easier to see everything on the full 3D model.

Unfortunately my only computer with Internet at the moment is my iPod. <_< Here's hoping I have enough cash for a new PC soon.

-Bama

There are 4 obvious "poles" or factions (SF, Citadel, C&G, FB) with various others floating around somewhere as well. All of their relationship statuses are currently set to "It's complicated." Pretty much every group has ties to every other group, as well as hostilities somewhere with every other group,, and that muddies things up quite a bit.

There's also a whole mess of former "hegemony" alliances in or just coming out of recovery mode who haven't ended up firmly in any one faction yet.

This is material taken directly from the TMF Academy, where the politicians of tomorrow are trained. This chart is titled "Post Karma War Political Summary".

politicsx.jpg

Sir, I would be interested in enrolling our pollitcos into your fine academy. Also, we will be subscribing to your newsletter.

If you want a more, umm, scientific (:P) version of Vilien's summary:

onlymdpswebwithblocs.png

The map is obviously fraudulent, why, Zenith isn't anywhere on here.

Here we go, I fixed it for you:

funnymap.jpg

Edited by Kzoppistan

If you have the program, yes. Change the ClearColour line in config.txt (and probably the colours for treaties too). I like the black background, I think the lines are easier to see on there, each to his own :P

I tried that and it didn't work; the background remained black (with no other noticeable differences either) even with ClearColour set to White.

If you still have trouble,, remember that you can push some buttons and then it will rotate, which both looks cool and makes it easier to see.

However, the fact that we need a 3D representation just to see our politics is hilarious.

What is funny about it?