FAN Announcement

mpol777

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tunnel vision here is overwhelming. Did it ever occur to any of you that we might be doing this in an effort to help our friends in Karma rather that trying to be buddy buddy with NPO?

Actually neither of those occured to me.

The tunnel vision here is overwhelming. Did it ever occur to any of you that we might be doing this in an effort to help our friends in Karma rather that trying to be buddy buddy with NPO?

Yeah, we really were not able to do a lot during the war, but we still like to do our part.

Technically, you aren't doing anything except talking.

This is a list of all FAN wars.

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.as...yallexact=exact

No wars.

This is a list of all NPO wars.

Several examples of people attacking NPO.

I'm not asking for help - I'm not too worried about it. Even under terms, I think we can deal with people like that.

I'm not complaining at FAN. Personally, I have a lot of respect for FAN.

But all of this talk about how FAN is protecting NPO is just talk, with no actions to back it up.

Did it ever occur to any of you that we might be doing this in an effort to help our friends in Karma rather that trying to be buddy buddy with NPO?

Man, there are like 15 alliances to which we surrendered, are you telling me they need help to provide protection to, anybody really?

I mean, wth? No, man, you better stick to the story how you are just taking a "high road" here ;) with the opportunity that presented it self, and not actually go and imply that 15 alliances (your friends) need help to protect one alliance they already beaten heavily. That would reflect extremely poorly onto those 15 alliances because what possible help they would need or would be even wanted? Only rational conclusion would be that the move was made for political value of the situation, not for any kind of serious help in protecting, because if that is the case, then just,....lol

You need to think this things through before posting Jacko. I think its a clever political move by your part.

Edited by Branimir

I rather liked the delivery, mpol has always had quite entertaining topics and this one was hardly boring... FAN may be incessant whiners, but mpol is a class A entertainer.

FAN used to be able to war pretty well. I'd be more confident in their response time then the bumbling Karma alliances, unless their abilities have deteriorated in peacemode. Somehow, just somehow, I have a feeling mpol was being facetious.

Lets see, FAN survived for a year on your EZI list and Vox did the same for several months. Meanwhile NPO was at war for only a couple months and while the majority of you hid in peace mode the rest of you came here to !@#$%* and moan about how unfair and how evil Karma is

I think calling FAN a bunch of whiners is downright ironic

mpol, you and I shared the battlefield many moons ago, when I was a Polar General. My favorite moment in Cybernations (ever) was when I logged onto my nation to see that I had been nuked (for the first time ever.) I checked my (2) messages, and the first one was the automatically generated "you've been nuked mutha$%&@a" next to a message from you, saying (simply) "ZOMG!" I laughed so damned hard I had to nuke you back. Nuking people now has lost its' luster, but it's good to see that you're still kicking brother! You are a CREDIT to the game. :)

Cheers! o/

Edited by mmansfield68

the majority of you hid in peace mode

That is a lie.

Are you going to claim we deleted 78% of our NS next?

FAN, does this mean we are best buddies and will be putting our guns in each other's holster now?

8 pages of peace moders donot lie, good sir

It's a legitimate strategy. The larger side has the advantage, and it is in their best interest to have a high intensity conflict that resolves it quickly. The defensive side is better off going into peace mode, thereby gaining the initiative, if nothing else. Karma wanted NPO to come out of peace mode. Why in the name of god would you do what the enemy wants?

Technically, you aren't doing anything except talking.

This is a list of all FAN wars.

No wars.

This is a list of all NPO wars.

Several examples of people attacking NPO.

I'm not asking for help - I'm not too worried about it. Even under terms, I think we can deal with people like that.

I'm not complaining at FAN. Personally, I have a lot of respect for FAN.

But all of this talk about how FAN is protecting NPO is just talk, with no actions to back it up.

This announcement was made hardly over a day ago. Now, considering that, do you think you see no wars because this is "just talk", or because there are details involved behind protecting an alliance and they wish to iron them out properly before they begin to declare.

8 pages of peace moders donot lie, good sir

I realise this is neither the time nor the place, but I can't let this slip. Lets examine your claim, shall we? You say that the majority of Pacificans were in peacemode during the war. Well, that makes no sense unless 49% or less of our nations make up 78% of our NS. But lets continue. You go on to say that there were 8 pages of peacemoders. If we assume that to be true, (I have no idea if its is or not) thats what, between 70 and 80 nations? Before the war, Pacifica had over 900 members. Since when does even 80 nations make up a majority of 900+? I guess the point you are trying to make is that there were 70+ nations in PM. Well that may seem like a lot to you, but when the total numbers in an alliance increase, ideally so do the number of banks. It's ok though, in this post-Armageddon world everyone seems a bit fuzzy on the old mathematics. In GGA nowdays, 1 triumvir out of 3 equals a two-thirds majority! Such is the world changing power of Karma.

I realise this is neither the time nor the place, but I can't let this slip. Lets examine your claim, shall we? You say that the majority of Pacificans were in peacemode during the war. Well, that makes no sense unless 49% or less of our nations make up 78% of our NS. But lets continue. You go on to say that there were 8 pages of peacemoders. If we assume that to be true, (I have no idea if its is or not) thats what, between 70 and 80 nations? Before the war, Pacifica had over 900 members. Since when does even 80 nations make up a majority of 900+? I guess the point you are trying to make is that there were 70+ nations in PM. Well that may seem like a lot to you, but when the total numbers in an alliance increase, ideally so do the number of banks. It's ok though, in this post-Armageddon world everyone seems a bit fuzzy on the old mathematics. In GGA nowdays, 1 triumvir out of 3 equals a two-thirds majority! Such is the world changing power of Karma.

[ooc]8 pages at 40 nations a page is 320 nations, or around 33% of your alliance[/ooc]

[ooc]8 pages at 40 nations a page is 320 nations, or around 33% of your alliance[/ooc]
That's still not a majority, even if that's the settings he was using, which he never specified.

This history revision seems to be a cancer that's spread from Vlad and infected the whole alliance. 78% of your alliance's NS was not lost solely from war mode nations, a very large chunk of that was the 400+ deserters and deleted nations. As the war dragged on many of your members who had been fighting and suffered losses were able to escape to peace mode. The last month of the war saw ~75% of the remaining Pacifica nations hiding in peace. Are you seriously going to claim that your peace mode nations only numbered around 70?

Yes, NPO fought. Some of you did anyway. Then there's the ones who entered peace mode a week before the war and never exited. :rolleyes: