One Thousand Days of Hate

Stumpy Jung Il

and to think that with VanHoo Gone your were finally the one pulling all the strings.

o/ This sucky game

Dont fool yourselves, I was always pulling the strings.

@Delta - Yeah for reals, I completely forgot about how awesome colors use to be. Remember when it actually felt like alliances owned a sphere? Or how it was a big deal with NpO was made on blue cause everyone thought THEIR spheres would be next. No one owns a sphere anymore other than NPO (kind of?) and thats really weird to think about.

EDIT: Also, all this speculation about Trashcat's Corner ever coming back is lulz. Im skeptical myself.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you'd miss me if I actually quit James Dalh. You love hating me too much.

I don't hate you, but CN will be a nicer place without you spewing verbal pollution all over the pristine countryside.

Think of me as an environmentalist.

Edited by James Dahl

Oh man, remember forcing alliances off color spheres in surrender terms because it actually mattered? Today, that'd be rude and otherwise completely irrelevant. People don't compete for control of the sphere anymore. Basically every senate spot is taken by a different alliance instead of one or two alliances controlling every spot on each sphere. And the idea of getting most new nations on your color by dominating doesn't even register as a realistic idea anymore.

Speaking of recruiting, I remember when I could get three or four nations just sending out a dozen messages. Probably because I was likely the only person those nations got a message from. You didn't get swamped by messages when you start like you do now. Hell, I spent my first month without putting my alliance in my bio (God, remember that?) and never got a single message. Or raided for that matter. Like a quarter of the world was unaligned, and you didn't get raided into the ground like you do now.

Oh man, remember forcing alliances off color spheres in surrender terms because it actually mattered? Today, that'd be rude and otherwise completely irrelevant. People don't compete for control of the sphere anymore. Basically every senate spot is taken by a different alliance instead of one or two alliances controlling every spot on each sphere. And the idea of getting most new nations on your color by dominating doesn't even register as a realistic idea anymore.

Speaking of recruiting, I remember when I could get three or four nations just sending out a dozen messages. Probably because I was likely the only person those nations got a message from. You didn't get swamped by messages when you start like you do now. Hell, I spent my first month without putting my alliance in my bio (God, remember that?) and never got a single message. Or raided for that matter. Like a quarter of the world was unaligned, and you didn't get raided into the ground like you do now.

Oh my God Delta you are killing me with the reminiscing. Remember when being left and right meant something? Or even more, remember when people started wars over their color sphere? The Maroon war comes to mind and so does GOONS forcing LoSS off of black just to control the senate. Also, as far as unalligns go, remember Walford (lol)?

Heres a really good one: Remember when nukes were entirely taboo? I remember my alliance signing the "Oh God Think of the Children!" Pact. Also, remember when alliances broke the one thousand mark? I cant remember the last alliance to break the 1k barrier. I know NPO got damn close pre war but they never crossed it. Remember when people didnt work out every perfect trade in the game? I remember trade circles being way different before people started perfecting the math to this game.

It is crazy how this game changes and evolves over time.

As far as why there are so many new alliances these days, I believe it is largely because AirMe said, people want to build something of their own. They don't want to become a statistic in some large alliance where they have to spend a year just to get some mundane government job. Modern CN has a lot more experienced players than in the past, and many of these players get tired of being told what to do all the time.

Anyways, congrats on your 1000 days Stumpy.

Walford is still relevant, ya'll just don't know it :ph34r:

I commissioned the finest artists Volsunga has to offer, to make this commemorative poster.

Drinksareonme.jpg

Happy thousand days, Stumpy :wub: I am just evil enough to wish another thousand on you, too :P

Oh you are cruel :P

Thanks Kry, you are the best!

These damn threads get me every time. Nuclear non-proliferation, sanction wars, Prodigal Chieftain, Super-Legion, and eight alliances to choose from. It's been a hell of a ride, and congratulations Stumpy.

These damn threads get me every time. Nuclear non-proliferation, sanction wars, Prodigal Chieftain, Super-Legion, and eight alliances to choose from. It's been a hell of a ride, and congratulations Stumpy.

Thanks. And this post sums up well the feelings of this thread. You forgot color wars though. :awesome:

Speaking of recruiting, I remember when I could get three or four nations just sending out a dozen messages. Probably because I was likely the only person those nations got a message from. You didn't get swamped by messages when you start like you do now.

I've only gotten one recruitment message during my entire time here on Planet Bob. That message was from none other than...Stumpy.

:wub: