CIS Defunct, or something.

Confederacy of Independent States is an inactive mess.

KasMage has been inactive for 14 days, Zocane hasn't been seen since June 19th. Roy McMann and Earl McMann have both resigned and

Guerilla Economist's last activity was June 22nd.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/theCIS/index.php?showuser=13 KasMage

http://z3.invisionfree.com/theCIS/index.php?showuser=9 Zocane

http://z3.invisionfree.com/theCIS/index.php?showuser=7 Guerilla Economist

A new government should come about on the 1st of each month. Unfortunately no such event occurred this month.

The only active member of the government is Gen Beagle. He has watched the mass resignations of both government, and members without a word said.

I could beat a dead horse and go through the correct channels within the alliance and pull a coup with the only other active member, but if I've read the charter correctly, that wouldn't be possible.

I have neither the experience, nor the time to manage the alliance. I have messaged the active member of the alliance to find himself a new home, and whilst I cannot speak for The Order of Halsa, I would expect they would honour the grace period in our treaty to allow the remaining members a safe period of time to find themselves a new home.

I should think that covers about everything.

I could beat a dead horse and go through the correct channels within the alliance and pull a coup with the only other active member, but if I've read the charter correctly, that wouldn't be possible.

A coup is inherently illegitimate and contrary to the charter of any alliance. Unless, of course, you're the New Sith Order :P

Also good luck.

A coup is inherently illegitimate and contrary to the charter of any alliance. Unless, of course, you're the New Sith Order :P

Also good luck.

Yes, you should have couped. :ph34r:

The truth is 90% of the new alliances being created now in th summer vacations will:

1- Disband

2- Merge and then disband

People create alliances just for the fun of it even if they haven't the required skill/time to manage an alliance and this just fail.

I hate to quote myself but this matches perfectly with what I said.

I'm sad to see CIS die because I wasted my time doing their flag and others graphics for their forum. <_<

Wow, that's tough Phetion. Best of luck to you.

It doesn't have to be the end, though.

Even if you do not have the time to run the alliance you could still spear-head the effort to rejuvenate it by seeking out new leaders. You have 6 active members now (according to the CN). Get some one from the outside if you have to. A number of folks may jump at the chance to be the temporary leader of an alliance. If you have admin powers, just make a post that you are declaring a state of emergency and are setting up an interim government until the former leaders get back on their feet. It may not be legal according to the charter, but bending the rules for the sake of survival isn't too wrong.

If you don't have admin powers you can get up another forum real quick, pull the remaining members over to it and just make it clear that you are not doing a coup but just stepping in until everything gets back to normal. Show a little leadership and you may revive those members and put some fire in their belly. Just telling people that you are going to fight for it might convince folks to really put there backs into rejuvenation.

If anything, since no one is there to really stop you, you could negotiate a merger into another alliance. At least the members stay together. Hell, even better (but not as good as the previous paragraph) you might even let another alliance apply a viceroy over it until things are looking better again.

Regardless of what you do, good luck, I'm sorry to see troubles like these.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Not all alliance revivals work out. After an initial stage of "cool we're back together!" comes the realization that all the problems (and personality clashes) that were there before the alliance fell apart didn't necessarily go away. Also, there is always at least a couple of people who were absolutely focused on reuniting the old group, but once it happens simply lose enthusiasm--"mission accomplished, what else is there to do now?"

I wish the membership of the now re-defunct (is that a word?) CIS well with where ever they go from here.

Seems like it's time to move on peacefully for all the currently active members. As said above, ventures like these may seem a good idea at the time but after the initial high things start to fall apart. And it's clearly not through any fault of your own, Phetion.

You can either move away separately or try and organize a merger yourself to keep this still active group of people together. Best of luck with whatever you do!

Edited by Rulesaints

I can't believe they'd do such a thing. Why make an alliance and be a leader if you're going to flake out on your members? No notice, nothing.

Seriously, going inactive for almost a month or two weeks is just callous.

The truth is 90% of the new alliances being created now in th summer vacations will:

1- Disband

2- Merge and then disband

People create alliances just for the fun of it even if they haven't the required skill/time to manage an alliance and this just fail.

The problem here is, they didn't tell their members anything. Usually when leaders realize they aren't active enough to lead an alliance they talk to the membership about disbanding or handing the reigns over to someone else. This was just irresponsible and hopefully these people won't be trusted again so soon should they choose to return.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

I can't believe they'd do such a thing. Why make an alliance and be a leader if you're going to flake out on your members? No notice, nothing.

Yeah, that's weak. Those who are most desirous of power are often the least capable of handling the responsibility that comes with it.

I'm merely assisting the active players of CIS in finding a good suitable new home to call their own.

It still violates some archaic sense of decency/honor and therefore I must expound energy to point out your faux pas and assert my moral superiority through a post.