Three Years Since That Nuke...

Tygaland

I was reminded today (thanks Unsure) that three years ago I fired a single nuke at Duffman than still resonates around the Cyberverse to this day.

A lot has happened since that time and it seems a lot longer than three years which is a little depressing, to be honest. I'm often asked about the incident, sometime by people just curious and other times by people seeking to demonise me for it. However, I'm not really interested in marking this occasion with the 1000th thread debating the pros and cons of GWI or who won and why.

I just thought a significant moment in the history of the Cyberverse should be remembered [ooc]and it gave me a chance to unveil my new sig pic (thanks Bzelger)[/ooc], so crack open a can of Duff, then put it aside and get a decent beer and reminisce about simpler times. Those of you not about then can just drink beer (the discarded Duff) and watch the old farts ramble on about the old times.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a GW1 vet i concur that it seems longer than 3 years, so much as changed in CN since then...i miss those simpler times. Also nice Siggy.

I lose track of how long ago some things were. Seeing as the STA is almost 2 and a half years old it seems a lot of drama was squeezed into my first 9 months or so in the Cyberverse. :P

It's times like these I appreciate the Vanguard/STA and Mushroom Kingdom/STA MDOAPs even more

Can I put my tinfoil hat back on now? :unsure:

Edited by Tygaland

However, I'm not really interested in marking this occasion with the 1000th thread debating the pros and cons of GWI or who won and why.

Fail. I was looking forward to reading this (your personal perspective on firing the nuke) but failed to deliver. I expected more )):

Can't expect more out of Rebel Virginia, he is already the Morning Star.

Edited by Sileath

Fail. I was looking forward to reading this (your personal perspective on firing the nuke) but failed to deliver. I expected more )):

Can't expect more out of Rebel Virginia, he is already the Morning Star.

Like me saying that will prevent the thread becoming the 1000th "no u" thread about GWI. If you have any questions you want to ask me, ask. ;)

Like me saying that will prevent the thread becoming the 1000th "no u" thread about GWI. If you have any questions you want to ask me, ask. ;)

So I can get your reasoning/perspective in private, you just don't want this thread to turn into a discussion on that? I would equate that as a fistful of win.

A fistful of happiness and joy is Rebel Virginia.

Nation Created: 8/29/2006 5:48:25 PM (1,052 days old)

sadly, I missed the 3-year cut-off mark by 43 days. Sorry guys. But I still realize the importance of that nuke.

It was all your grand plan from the beginning wasn't it Tyga?!

TO CREATE A HEGEMONY THAT WOULD SEMI-DESTROY ITSELF ONLY TO COME BACK AND GET KILLED BY THE PEOPLE IT ORIGINALLY DEFEATED! YOU CREATED IT ALL DIDN'T YOU?!?!

So I can get your reasoning/perspective in private, you just don't want this thread to turn into a discussion on that? I would equate that as a fistful of win.

A fistful of happiness and joy is Rebel Virginia.

I'm not sure my OP said people could not ask questions on my perspective on launching the nuke, I'd just prefer the usual back and forth over who won and why was left to the 999 other threads.

Nation Created: 8/29/2006 5:48:25 PM (1,052 days old)

sadly, I missed the 3-year cut-off mark by 43 days. Sorry guys. But I still realize the importance of that nuke.

It was all your grand plan from the beginning wasn't it Tyga?!

TO CREATE A HEGEMONY THAT WOULD SEMI-DESTROY ITSELF ONLY TO COME BACK AND GET KILLED BY THE PEOPLE IT ORIGINALLY DEFEATED! YOU CREATED IT ALL DIDN'T YOU?!?!

Shhh, that was supposed to be a secret. <_<

But, seeing as the secret was out, yes...that was my plan all along... :awesome:

Help yourself to a Duff!

I'm not sure my OP said people could not ask questions on my perspective on launching the nuke, I'd just prefer the usual back and forth over who won and why was left to the 999 other threads.

Sorry I fail at reading :awesome:

So... um... what was your perspective on launching that nuke? :D

My perspective of Rebel Virginia is that he is glorious

Edited by Sileath

Sorry I fail at reading :awesome:

So... um... what was your perspective on launching that nuke? :D

My perspective of Rebel Virginia is that he is glorious

Oh, I thought you had an actual question to ask rather than another excuse to post spam.

With that single nuke, you wrote the history of this world for years to come Tyga, that much is clear. We still live with the consequences of that single nuke! :P

Also, amazing screenshot Electron Sponge.

Congrats on arguably being the most destructive nuke rogue ever, Tyga :P

I was just thinking how awesome an update blitz to kick off a war would be if you didn't have to wait 24 hours to fire a nuke these days. I guess we'll never know...

One most remarkable anniversary, it is, with all that followed, likely one of the most important, if not the most important single event in CN history. As even the current war has its roots in what started with that one fatal nuke 3 years ago.