An Announcement from the Orange Defense Network

If you rephrase this to: a) make sense, and B) contain an ounce of truth then perhaps I'll be able to respond to it.

As for joining Frostbite, just no. We're taking our commitments very seriously right now, and I can't say there's much they do that we care for.

What is it about Frostbite that you do not like? Standing up for allies through thick and thin? Yeah, cant say it would make for a good place for you guys to prove yourselves to the world. It would basically be like jumping straight into the deep end of the pool while trying to learn to swim.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dispute your claim that you have any knowledge of the destiny of the cheese dragon. It is written in our holy book that he shall liberate us from this moral coil. We shall fight you for our beliefs on the plain at noon, since the Judean People's Front and the People's Front of Judea are scheduled to fight at 11:00.

The cheese dragon will choose his own destiny. AND I CHOOSE YOU, BULBASAUR!

I also laughed at the mentioning of IRON and Legion coming to ODN's defense should NPO have attacked. I think from our discussion with Legion's government as well as the past and current actions from the Government of IRON, we can just say "Liez!!!11!!1!" and move on from there.

I said I was done with this, but as an FYI Twizzler my months as MoFA my policy was Orrple above all, and the entire YEAR I was in govt from last June until this one was the same policy. So please do not say the Legion government did not have a special place for Orrple. If you got attacked by NPO we would have defended you without a doubt. The issue of the Legion defending NPO post war from others has also been addressed.

What is it about Frostbite that you do not like? Standing up for allies through thick and thin? Yeah, cant say it would make for a good place for you guys to prove yourselves to the world. It would basically be like jumping straight into the deep end of the pool while trying to learn to swim.

Some people say that is the only way to learn. :ph34r:

:huh: A Sad Day Indeed...

Legion we will do all we can to be a part of your Great Future...

ODN, We wish both Alliances well, you both have created a great legacy for the rest of us to learn from.

PaladinZ

Paladins of Freedom

MoIA

MoED

6th Seat of the Zammux

I said I was done with this, but as an FYI Twizzler my months as MoFA my policy was Orrple above all, and the entire YEAR I was in govt from last June until this one was the same policy. So please do not say the Legion government did not have a special place for Orrple. If you got attacked by NPO we would have defended you without a doubt. The issue of the Legion defending NPO post war from others has also been addressed.

From recent talks, the current government of Legion appears to not be on this policy. Over the past year, I've watched ORRPLE fall apart. Maybe you tried to keep ORRPLE as #1. I do not know. I tried to keep ORRPLE as something as well. We failed. Under current circumstances, we can no longer keep ORRPLE active. ORRPLE has not been above all, so whether or not it was your policy is irrelevant. You can say what you want, but it is clear that the relationship has not been the same for a very long time.

From recent talks, the current government of Legion appears to not be on this policy. Over the past year, I've watched ORRPLE fall apart. Maybe you tried to keep ORRPLE as #1. I do not know. I tried to keep ORRPLE as something as well. We failed. Under current circumstances, we can no longer keep ORRPLE active. ORRPLE has not been above all, so whether or not it was your policy is irrelevant. You can say what you want, but it is clear that the relationship has not been the same for a very long time.

Except you blame my time as MoFA for the downfall of it. I believed Orrple above all, I was in the Legion post GWIII and I know Orrple from about its best time as a treaty. I also know that I got the member exchange running again when Bum was around as your SecGen and tried to get it running for round 2 but got cut short by our charter debate and lots of other issues we had. The relationship might not have been the same because of past actions during my time as MoFA, but I put more emphasis on that one treaty then I did on every other treaty the Legion had. That was not due to anything but my respect for the history and my HOPE my sincere hope that the Legion and ODN could both coexist as the same Orrple entity that they did at the start of my nations life.

Congradulations Legion. It seems appropriate that as you begin to gain real strength, you would move away from the Optional Defence Network. I only hope that this new path you seem to be treading leads to better places, particularly with regards to the NpO treaty you now hold, and that my faith in you is not misplaced.

Except you blame my time as MoFA for the downfall of it. I believed Orrple above all, I was in the Legion post GWIII and I know Orrple from about its best time as a treaty. I also know that I got the member exchange running again when Bum was around as your SecGen and tried to get it running for round 2 but got cut short by our charter debate and lots of other issues we had. The relationship might not have been the same because of past actions during my time as MoFA, but I put more emphasis on that one treaty then I did on every other treaty the Legion had. That was not due to anything but my respect for the history and my HOPE my sincere hope that the Legion and ODN could both coexist as the same Orrple entity that they did at the start of my nations life.

I do not blame you, or even Legion as a whole. ODN has its fair share of blame for the loss of relations, and I do not believe I have said anything to the contrary. I did say that the current government of Legion is not on an ORRPLE first policy if that is where you got that impression, but clearly ODN is not on that policy either. If I have said something elsewhere, I apologize and it was not my intention to do so. I understand that we tried, and perhaps you tried more than most. The end result remains the same, failure. ODN and Legion cannot exist as the same entity that they once have. We have drifted. I have tried more than most of my current government to try and keep some sort of attachment between the two alliances, but I was met with rebuttal on both sides and had to make compromise after compromise and eventually it was all refused in the end. A relationship is not supposed to exist only due to a compromise. Clearly something between us has changed, and it is not only the new government, style, and decisions of Legion that has. ODN has chosen her own separate path, and we cannot continue to fake it any longer: ODN and Legion are not what they once were. We can no longer keep our treaty that has become a ghost of its former golden self. I still have hope for ODN and Legion in the future, and I do not wish to see the bridge burnt between us. We have gone our separate ways, but nothing would make me happier than to see ODN and Legion reconcile and regain the former glory. I respect the history we have, and I, more so than any current government member, have the hope that ORRPLE shall rise again. Right now, ODN and Legion must part. However, please don't think of me blaming Legion or being the one to put the final nail in the coffin of ORRPLE. This is the exact opposite of what I hope to do, and I apologize if I have given you the wrong impression of my motives.

I do not blame you, or even Legion as a whole. ODN has its fair share of blame for the loss of relations,

This is probably one of the largest understatements that I have ever heard. As one acquinted with both the Legion and the ODN I can testify that the ODN hung the Legion out to dry when the NPO came knocking. Making the relationship between the ODN and the Legion a key feature in their foreign affairs was a major blunder and they paid for it dearly. I doubt the ODN has ever had any honour and I feel free stating the obvious because everyone knows it to be true and I can't see any "friends" of the ODN sticking their necks out for her.

I must admit. I never liked TPF, but they have paid their debts alongside the NPO. When the ODN fights a losing fight willingly to support their allies I will have respect for them. Until then, you can spare the cyberverse your failing attempts at trying to cast blame at the Legion for the failing of this treaty.

This is probably one of the largest understatements that I have ever heard. As one acquinted with both the Legion and the ODN I can testify that the ODN hung the Legion out to dry when the NPO came knocking. Making the relationship between the ODN and the Legion a key feature in their foreign affairs was a major blunder and they paid for it dearly. I doubt the ODN has ever had any honour and I feel free stating the obvious because everyone knows it to be true and I can't see any "friends" of the ODN sticking their necks out for her.

I must admit. I never liked TPF, but they have paid their debts alongside the NPO. When the ODN fights a losing fight willingly to support their allies I will have respect for them. Until then, you can spare the cyberverse your failing attempts at trying to cast blame at the Legion for the failing of this treaty.

Did you even read my post, or are you just here to bash us? You even quoted the exact part that complete refutes your ending remark, and yet you still feel it necessary to post such rubbish. I doubt that ORRPLE is seen as a blunder for their foreign affairs, nor do I see signing ORRPLE having any effect on how purplegate came around. You can doubt us all you wish, I don't care. But please don't make yourself out to be some sort of expert on the situation.

Congradulations Legion. It seems appropriate that as you begin to gain real strength, you would move away from the Optional Defence Network. I only hope that this new path you seem to be treading leads to better places, particularly with regards to the NpO treaty you now hold, and that my faith in you is not misplaced.

Sounds like Sith Lord trying to lead them to the Dark side.

Sounds like Sith Lord trying to lead them to the Dark side.

Because even the dark side has a spine.

Edited by Griff

Because even the dark side has a spine.

So do many in ODN or do you think only Sith have a history of facing conflict head on?

Go ahead, trash the ODN - They're an easy target.

Plus it makes you look cool.

we bring out the predators into the open in a big way :D

Edited by Cataduanes

Change was not the problem, infact change is rather normal in a democratic alliance. It's just a matter on whether treaty partners continue changing in the same direction, or whether change that occurs naturally leads them farther away from each other. In this instance, the latter sadly was the case.

You should understand that the ODN as a sovereign alliance didn't wish to travel the new road Legion was on under NPO control. I personally took the signing with NPO and Valhalla after the viceroy ended as a slap in the face. ODN looked for a new best friend and NpO welcomed them. I'm not sure what genius went looking for IRON, but I don't think anyone is refuting that mistake at this point. :rolleyes:

Not since the cancellation of the OoO have I been this shocked at a treaty cancellation. The dissolution of Orrple is truely the end of an era in CN history.

ODN, Legion. Best of luck to the both of you, regardless of the paths you've chosen.

Logic has no place in ODN a break down in relations is always the result of the other party or a convenient excuse plucked out of the air desperately to excuse their cowardice. ODN doesn't have friends they are a parasite that clutches to any source of survival until it is no longer practical. In this situation I'd guess that being allied to Legion is no longer desirable because they have found a better food source to leach from. I wonder who that could possibly be :rolleyes: