An Announcement from the Orange Defense Network

I'm not sure what you're referring to. From the vague nature of your post, I can apply your scapegoat/clique comment to one of three things.

Well, I first noticed the term in Cataduane's post here - http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1686903

I thought the new line of "Everything in the past is someone else's fault" was interesting, and it seems to be kept up here. I don't even care that much about most of these grave mistakes or whatnot (Never cared for Orrple and I told you to cancel Polar in the first place, though I did tell you to do it a month beforehand, which would have been better, but anyway), but I look at the people posting this and pretty much all of them were around for a lot of these things, so it does seem at least a little disingenuous.

Speaking of dark paths, how long till the announcement of ODN joining Frostbite?

No.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this will be a wakeup call to ODN membership that their leaders are throwing away the friendships built over time and through blood on the battlefield for their own personal ideologies and irrational conspiracy theories. IRON and Legion were not “pawns” of the NPO. Complicit in their so called atrocities? Sure. But never pawns. And the ODN was never subservient to Legion nor IRON. These have been lies sold to you as propaganda by your leadership to make you complicit in the new dark path they want to lead you down.

Four months ago there were no stronger treaties in the cyberverse then Orrple and the Blood Brothers pact. Legion and IRON would have come to the ODNs defense regardless of who the attacker was, even the NPO. This relationship was years in the making and was so ingrained in our membership that it would be political suicide for a leader in IRON to even suggest taking a different tact. Little did we know that ODNs new leadership was trying to do just that. ?

I am saddened this has worked out the way it has. I wish ODN the best in the future, but I doubt they will ever find the kind of friendship they threw away with IRON and Legion.

Speaking of dark paths, how long till the announcement of ODN joining Frostbite?

If you rephrase this to: a) make sense, and b) contain an ounce of truth then perhaps I'll be able to respond to it.

As for joining Frostbite, just no. We're taking our commitments very seriously right now, and I can't say there's much they do that we care for.

Edited by Style 386

Well, I first noticed the term in Cataduane's post here - http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1686903

I thought the new line of "Everything in the past is someone else's fault" was interesting, and it seems to be kept up here. I don't even care that much about most of these grave mistakes or whatnot (Never cared for Orrple and I told you to cancel Polar in the first place, though I did tell you to do it a month beforehand, which would have been better, but anyway), but I look at the people posting this and pretty much all of them were around for a lot of these things, so it does seem at least a little disingenuous.

An IRON member pointed that post out to me after I made my post.

I'm fully willing to accept my blame for the WotC/Polaris mess. From that perspective, I am, perhaps, in the perfect alliance now.

For the rest... I can't imagine how the MCXA treaty can possibly be tied to my administration. I recall being diffident about it when it was proposed, and simply failed to oppose it out of respect for some Senators. This happened on a number of treaties. MCXA was one example, but as I mentioned in the Invicta cancellation thread, I wasn't super excited about it either. That isn't to say that I didn't come to like and enjoy their company after the fact, but these treaties were not generated by me. I've only gotten to have meaningful relations with Sam now that he's in TSO.

Whatever the FA path, what was clear to me was that ODN wouldn't be able to make any progress until they were able to prove themselves a capable ally in battle. Treaties, spam, and goodwill weren't going to change that. (The only treaties that I was dead set on were NPO and 1V, neither of which materialized.) Only blood could suffice.

The greatest travesty of the WotC was that the ODN was afforded the perfect opportunity to shed the bad blood and advance forward, and I let my personal feelings get in the way of it. Right or wrong, the ODN missed another opportunity to shed the necessary blood with IRON.

And so the ODN persists much as it has for two years. If I had to go back today and run for SecGen, I would do so on the following platform:

1. Suspend the charter
  2. Cancel all treaties through a GA vote
  3. Invite anyone that wants a piece to come get some and not leave until they're done. 60 day offer.
  4. Get back to the business of being a successful alliance after the demons have been exorcised via ritual blood sacrifice and combat

Throwing blame on previous administrations is a traditional ODN tactic, and one that has never really worked. I tried it for over a year, and it was fruitless. Ultimately the Network will have to prove themselves with steel and blood. The day that happens, I hope to be there with them.

Pingu: Soccerbum won't tell me who my cultists are. I just keep receiving these damnable "care packages." You'll have to refer all Cult of W(i)N requests to him as he is (presumably) their spokesman.

Edited by WalkerNinja

Walker - It is very difficult for me to blame the previous administration, or previous senate, or previous whatever. You see, I am the previous government. :P

Heft - It has been a while since I last agreed with you, but I must say I do on this point. ODN joining frostbite will probably never happen (I only say probably to avoid absolutes). You fellows don't like us that much, and in some cases the feeling may be reciprocated. Individually (both alliances and specific members) there are some awesome things over there, but I really don't see us 'fitting in' to that particular bloc.

OverCaffeinated - Seeing as you were the one to mention something as utterly ridiculous as ODN joining frostbite, I am going to simply ignore the rest of your post (Yes, I do read bottom to top :v:) under the assumption that the rest of it is also utterly ridiculous

Things finally got to the point where ODN canceled Orrple and Legion couldn't bring itself to accept anything less than a defensive treaty as a place to work from. That tears at my heart. The particular long series of events that pockmark the ineffably vast wheels which turned circumstances to this point--that's what deeply saddens and disgusts, what breaks my heart.

I'd once again like to Mention a PIAT was originally mentioned by Legion. A variety of options were talked, both internally inside ODN, and with legion such as a PIAT, non chaining clause, unbreakable NAP etc. We can to our decision, and it was rejected by Legion, and all other offers were dropped.

Also lol, ODN in frostbite? I'd think you would see NPO in there first :P

I'm not so sure OverCaffeinated was being serious about the whole Frostbite thing, but to dismiss the rest of his post because of that last bit is your choice I suppose. Perhaps if he had said CnG via Vanguard you all wouldn't have had quite the same reaction.

The rest of his post really doesn't make any sense. ODN membership took an incredibly active role in both the discussions on IRON, the Karma war and Legion. Every single bit of information that we could possibly give them to allow them to make a decision was given to them.

I'm not so sure OverCaffeinated was being serious about the whole Frostbite thing, but to dismiss the rest of his post because of that last bit is your choice I suppose. Perhaps if he had said CnG via Vanguard you all wouldn't have had quite the same reaction.

I wasn't being super serious in my response either; I don't actually read bottom to top :P

I read his post. I honestly laughed at it. The previous government as well as the current government has been open with our General Membership, as that is where all power lies in our alliance. Without their support, I cannot do anything. His entire first paragraph was a complete lie in itself, which amused me because he accused myself of committing the same crime. Unless of course, he knows more about the recent internal workings of my alliance than I do. I doubt it though.

His second paragraph is simply not true either. ORRPLE has been weakening since purplegate. There are multiple reasons for such a thing, but I really do not feel the need to go into them. Purplegate was a little more than four months ago. ORRPLE was not one of the strongest relationships on CN at this point in time, and perhaps was in its weakest state yet. As for IRON, yes our relationship was rather strong. However, while there were ties between the membership, the majority of our relationship was between our two governments. I know this, because I flitted between being a government member and just a general member. I admit, I did have a lot of fun posting in your embassy, and many of the members were kind to me there. IIRC, most of them were government or ex-government that I met during my stints in government though. At one point, Legion and ODN's membership were entwined. IRON and ODN's relation were not even close to such a state, and it is a slap in the face to suggest it. IRON would not even participate in a member exchange, but we welcomed you onto our forums in a one-way regardless.

I also laughed at the mentioning of IRON and Legion coming to ODN's defense should NPO have attacked. I think from our discussion with Legion's government as well as the past and current actions from the Government of IRON, we can just say "Liez!!!11!!1!" and move on from there.

We have found friendship in others, and in my opinion, better friendship than what we had in IRON. Legion and ORRPLE in its prime was a unique relationship that we current do not have, but ever since purplegate, we did not really have such a relationship with Legion either.

To end it all, I too am incredibly saddened by the way things worked out. I proposed a few different things to attempt to have some sort of bond to Legion, no matter how small, but all were rejected in some form. I did everything I could to make this work out in some other way, but it simply did not. I still hold great love for ORRPLE, and I will echo someone else in saying that the true spirit of ORRPLE will never die. Those who remember the way ORRPLE was in its prime will not forget it. Some of us are still in ODN and Legion. Some of us have passed on into the void of deletion. Some of us are in other alliances such as Valhalla, OBR, and maybe even NPO or others. Each individual has their own unique memories of the tightest bond the Cyberverse has ever seen, and each individual will not lose those memories. ORRPLE on paper is gone, but the spirit of ORRPLE, of friendship, will carry on in each one of us.

Alright. I just thought I'd clarify for anyone (like myself) who missed the joke. Also I like being solemn.

I think that you missed the point. Twizzler's jokes more frequently produce solemnity than levity. He was trying to help you.

Such is the cursed destiny of the cheese dragon. -_-

When alliances grow in different directions even the longest standing treaties/friendships can break due to the inevitable tensions that will arise.

Good luck to both ODN and The Legion.

Such is the cursed destiny of the cheese dragon. -_-

I dispute your claim that you have any knowledge of the destiny of the cheese dragon. It is written in our holy book that he shall liberate us from this moral coil. We shall fight you for our beliefs on the plain at noon, since the Judean People's Front and the People's Front of Judea are scheduled to fight at 11:00.

I dispute your claim that you have any knowledge of the destiny of the cheese dragon. It is written in our holy book that he shall liberate us from this moral coil. We shall fight you for our beliefs on the plain at noon, since the Judean People's Front and the People's Front of Judea are scheduled to fight at 11:00.

Perhaps when you are more suitably disposed?

Lincongrad (Lincongrad) - You cannot declare war on this nation because they are not within your range of nations to declare war on. View your My Ranking screen to find nations within your range.

Also, it would scarce be an honor or bring advancement to the Order if the noble men of the Empire of Ninjas went about casting their strength before all comers. Let us abide peaceably in this spirit of ORRPLE which you and I once shared, and now lives only in our hearts and in our memories.

======================

A final word before I depart this thread. A toast to the memory of ORRPLE:

"So they lived, these men, in their own lusty, cheery fashion--rude and rough, but honest, kindly and true. Let us thank God if we have outgrown their vices. Let us pray to God that we may ever hold their virtues."

Who shall drink to it?

Edited by WalkerNinja