TPF Capitulation

mhawk

Your leap to apply my number to a definition of TPF as a "nonalliance" is rooted in your emotions, not mine. I assign TPF a protection value of 0 because TPF is incapable of giving anything except token assistance to TSI at this point in time--0. TPF's value as a protector is 0 because TPF is incapable of protecting any alliance from AOD Brigade to NPO as a simple matter of fact. You assume it to be an insult about TPF because you're down and out right now, and you've been defending yourselves from insults for the past two months. Don't apply your hair-trigger emotions to me; I'm more at ease than I've been in a year.

Thanks for your honesty. Perhaps then, TSI is making a ploy for the future instead? 0 (If that is what we truly are) will turn to 1, eventually.

In any case, I'll just refer to the following:

If we have nations, we can fight, and in turn can fight for The Sasori Initiative.

As for token assistance, the TPF will not be on the sidelines.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, I did.

The contents of your address don't really hit on anything I said. TSI came to you about protection, you decided it was below you to "poach" a protectorate (even though it's not poaching if they came to you first--that's the sovereignty you were talking about), you defer TSI's foreign affairs to TPF (that's the exact opposite of the sovereignty you were talking about). Blah, blah, TSI--a 50-nation alliance--needs protection, TPF can't do it, NoR will.

So, as I said, TSI wants protection, the guys that are supposed to protect them can't, the treaty has no utility. If there are debts pay them off, cancel the protection, find someone that can protect you. There doesn't have to be any bad blood involved--it's not like cancelling a ToA because war is on the way.

Honest answer: The idea to sign this was originally mine, after hearing Shurukian explain TSI's situation. They only "came to us" once I floated the idea to Kingzog and Shurukian and they along with mhawk got to talking. We all wished for something better than "cancel the OPP, sign protectorate with NoR", something that would provide protection to TSI in light of TPF's disposition without requiring them to cut ties with their allies in the Overlord's Protectorate Pact. My understanding is that they (TSI) value the relationships with the OPP signatories enough to keep the treaty even if TPF's ability to honour the military protection clause is dampened. It may seem strange, I know, but probably not much stranger than an alliance retaining a mutual defense pact with an ally who cannot provide military support due to circumstance.

Edited by Vinzent Zeppelin

What exactly are TPF trying to rewrite? :unsure:

I'm just a little confused. Two years ago someone else ran the alliance. Two years ago they surrendered. It's been two bloody years. They are fighting now (when they surrendered before) so it sounds to me like that's something of a change, no? They are being at least cordial with old enemies, which is also a change. They are also seeing to the care of their friends.

I cannot fathom for the life of me why you keep slamming at them. What more do you want from them?

Kry, you should know that no one forgets the history :)

Your leap to apply my number to a definition of TPF as a "nonalliance" is rooted in your emotions, not mine. I assign TPF a protection value of 0 because TPF is incapable of giving anything except token assistance to TSI at this point in time--0. TPF's value as a protector is 0 because TPF is incapable of protecting any alliance from AOD Brigade to NPO as a simple matter of fact. You assume it to be an insult about TPF because you're down and out right now, and you've been defending yourselves from insults for the past two months. Don't apply your hair-trigger emotions to me; I'm more at ease than I've been in a year.

There are benefits to a protectorate besides military support. You've failed to take those factors into account.

Sells papers. But seriously, has any alliance successfully graduated from OPP or any other TPF protection setup?

TOOL, SSSW18, VA, NEW for starters.

Alliances take a longer time to clear OPP or the GPs because TPF doesn't push them out or annex them like some protectors (like Rok).

TOOL, SSSW18, VA, NEW for starters.

Alliances take a longer time to clear OPP or the GPs because TPF doesn't push them out or annex them like some protectors (like Rok).

GRAN and Defcon(at least until they merged into TOOL) succeeded as well

TPF without a doubt was one of the best protectors you could find

GRAN and Defcon(at least until they merged into TOOL) succeeded as well

TPF without a doubt was one of the best protectors you could find

I object to the use of the word "was." Just a minor setback at the moment. :)

Again, I'm not saying TSI should cut all ties with TPF because they're losing a war right now. [i'm] saying that the whole situation is just sort of bass-ackwards and silly.

Well....that's an opinion, and you're not only entitled to it but *gasp* I can actually understand why it would seem that way to you. I suspect, my dear Shantanaman, that you can see our side as well. (Reasonable fellow that you are.)

The Aut makes me laugh.

I'd like to clarify what Uber meant by this. He apparently thought I divulged logs of a conversation we had yesterday night and shared them with others. This is entirely untrue and I'm sorry to think he'd assume our friendship was this worthless and he felt I'd sell him out like that.

Kind of sad you'd assume such a thing without reason, Uber. I honestly thought you were better than that but given your recent actions you've shown to be rather hard to reason with, much less talk to as of late.

Edited by The AUT

As TPF I welcome the open my mind of my leader. We have been thru a lot lately yet have become stronger as an alliance. When I joined TPF a year ago, I received a badge for fighting NOR, whatever that meant, at the time.(lol, I was a noob) In the year that has followed, JBone and Slayer, I have finally gained an understanding of the politics CN offers. This is a time of change for TPF. I open my arms wide and accept it. I know the value of the integrity we add in our allies now, and would rather die than be a martyr.

Cyllabus

Edited by Fenix

I think that Schattenmann is a little bitter about the idea of TPF protectorates, due to a little incident that people may recall a long time ago. I think that he should remember that times change, as do alliances. mhawk is a much better leader than the ones that came before him... give the guy a chance.

As TPF I welcome the open my mind of my leader. We have been thru a lot lately yet have become stronger as an alliance. When I joined TPF a year ago, I received a badge for fighting NOR, whatever that meant, at the time.(lol, I was a noob) In the year that has followed, JBone and Slayer, I have finally gained an understanding of the politics CN offers. This is a time of change for TPF. I open my arms wide and accept it. I know the value of the integrity we add in our allies now, and would rather die than be a martyr.

Cyllabus

While TPF is not without faults in its history, I wouldnt jump too quickly to jump on JBone and Slayer. Slayer was one of the best and most historic leaders in CN history. He may not be liked by everyone (especially to those the power has shifted to), but dont jump on the anti-Slayer bandwagon.

That being said, I applaud NoR for their understanding and cooperation in this matter. It speaks volumes that they have turned the other cheek. They have good leadership and I wish them the best.

o/ NoR

o/ TPF

(BTW, you have to die to be a martyr)

You caught us. We like our friends enough to defend them. Take me away officer.

sorry I guess I came off wrong. I was just wondering why they went for another protectorate instead of finally moving past that stage. I thought when I was there we should have moved past that stage when we were at 1 mil plus strength. Anyways best of luck to TSI.

I was just wondering why they went for another protectorate instead of finally moving past that stage.

I don't see the word 'protector' anywhere in the agreement, except in reference to TPF.

Do you?

Think of it as a one-way defense arrangement, if you like, but it's certainly not a protectorate. For example, Nordreich has no say regarding TSI's foreign affairs, which is almost always a key part of any protectorate arrangement. Indeed, in the third sentence of the OP mhawk refers to TSI as "[TPF's] protectorate."

This is such an AWKWARD dance.

Not for anyone involved in it. In fact, at one point mhawk dipped me, our eyes met, and then....oh, I've said too much.