Saved Stats

Voodoo Nova

Saved Stats  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No storage is 100% secure there are plenty of ways one could escape with a lethal disease.

And add to that that the world is a hellish !@#$ storm in CNRP. It would take very little work with the instability to ruin a transport operation of it, and then, fwoosh.

And Mael, you have to remember, with you leader, every freaking paranoid christian in the world would be hunting your leader down as the earthly embodiment of Satan. You're a target for terrorists like nothing else.

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, true, but I also lead a 97% Christian State.. because of the Great Temple he helped build. Wacos would be out after him, but not likely the overall whole.

One could argue this threatens me more because I've in theory.. created even more extremists of the Faith, but that's a whole other discussion, lol.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

It's been a while since I even peeked into the RP forums at all; I saw the partial title from the main page and got curious....

After reading the thread, I can see the debate over this has not gotten any less heated. I don't have any stake in this now but as a former RPer in CNRP I will share my opinion.

There are things about the "go by your in game stats" argument that I don't like. The navies for one, not letting people have a navy of some kind because they didn't have one in game wasn't very fair. People were able to RP buying them from more developed RP nations, but that also ended up being abused by some people, let's not forget that.

Regarding this:

CNRP is a successor of the News Reports forum on the old and current cn forums, IG reflecting IC has always been the basic rule, like it or not if you get destroyed in a war you will have to face the consequences.

I don't see why an in-game war has to automatically destroy your RP as well. That's makes the loss twice as bad, and letting people play with their saved stats while they spend months to rebuild their in-game nation can give them something fun to do while they are crippled in-game. Besides, how many nations face ZI level losses multiple times? After 2-3 times it gets ridiculous. The argument over whether you have any control over the in-game wars was already covered by subtleknifeweilder; I agree with him on that point.

The problem with in game numbers is they fluctuate too quickly. You can lose 10s of thousands of troops and dozens of aircraft in the blink of an eye, and infrastructure can be burned down quickly too. Larger nations can rebuild quickly but younger, smaller nations don't have that luxury. What I really didn't like was having to come up with some rationale in RP every time my numbers in game changed, it takes creative control away from the RPer, what's the point in that? We shouldn't be just reacting to what happens to our in-game nations.

So yes, I think keeping the saved stats had a purpose, but play as you will. :)

If, as per the previous thread, saved stats stay, then I'd at least like either of the following:

1) Saves go out of the window if you restart in any form. They only work for the nation you have as you save.

After a reroll of any kind, they're gone.

2) The saved stats stay, but with each reroll, they are lowered by 25% of the original stats until they're zero and you have to save again - using current stats.

Those seem to be nice compromises.

It was then decided that the saved stats had to go.

It was moments after that that Sargun declared war upon Sumeragi. Moments later the thread about saved stats appeared in Open World Forum. To an observer there is nothing surprising in the chain of events.

This entire exercise is mounted purely to eliminate Suemragi.

You do realize I have been planning on creating this topic long ago, long before Sargun thought of declaring on Sumeragi? For a long time, I've been against saved stats...ask anyone. I think the last time I posted my stats for the database was before people even considered the idea that posting there "locks" your nation into those stats permanently. The creation of my topic is coincidental at its worst, as I could care less what Sargun or anyone does and I sure as hell don't let it influence my choices in the creation of discussions.

Also hello Mirreille.

Yes it does, Soldiers are sent home, diseases spread, natural disasters hit. It's part of life. There are ways to RP losses of soldiers and infrastructure and land that make complete sense, and are easy to RP. It's just a matter of getting over ones ego long enough to make them give up some pixels.

The problem with most of these is that they threaten your neighbors, who, if they are playing RP fairly, will be forced to RP losses, too.

No there isn't. I remember when there was no such things as saved stats. People had fun with RP back then doing what they were still doing best, creating storylines and developing their characters and nations. Saved stats is only a recent occurrence that happened out of a reference database for looking up stats fast.

Actually, saved stats came up about the same time, perhaps just shortly after, the idea that we had to play based on stats in the first place.

The plague while not killing 97% was one of the most lethal diseases that spread fast, currently Nations have worked on diseases way more lethal it isn't unlikely one of those could escape a facility.

See my first post. Such a plague would likely be a world-changing event if it DID get released. the use of such things are banned.

There are none, because the world is stable and safe and people have morality compared to that of CNRP. In cnrp, though, biological weapon releases a plague on your nation, kills 2/3, quarantine over the nation leaves infrastructure and power generation in disrepair, and the majority of your army is decommissioned as they die too.

Or you could go and RP a war, or a mass terror event, or earth shattering earthquakes, or any number of other things. Get over your love of your nation and rp something different.

The other things you mentioned don't just affect your nation, but your neighbors. See my first line.

It's been a while since I even peeked into the RP forums at all; I saw the partial title from the main page and got curious....

After reading the thread, I can see the debate over this has not gotten any less heated. I don't have any stake in this now but as a former RPer in CNRP I will share my opinion.

There are things about the "go by your in game stats" argument that I don't like. The navies for one, not letting people have a navy of some kind because they didn't have one in game wasn't very fair. People were able to RP buying them from more developed RP nations, but that also ended up being abused by some people, let's not forget that.

Regarding this:

I don't see why an in-game war has to automatically destroy your RP as well. That's makes the loss twice as bad, and letting people play with their saved stats while they spend months to rebuild their in-game nation can give them something fun to do while they are crippled in-game. Besides, how many nations face ZI level losses multiple times? After 2-3 times it gets ridiculous. The argument over whether you have any control over the in-game wars was already covered by subtleknifeweilder; I agree with him on that point.

The problem with in game numbers is they fluctuate too quickly. You can lose 10s of thousands of troops and dozens of aircraft in the blink of an eye, and infrastructure can be burned down quickly too. Larger nations can rebuild quickly but younger, smaller nations don't have that luxury. What I really didn't like was having to come up with some rationale in RP every time my numbers in game changed, it takes creative control away from the RPer, what's the point in that? We shouldn't be just reacting to what happens to our in-game nations.

So yes, I think keeping the saved stats had a purpose, but play as you will. :)

Wow...nicely thought-out. Oh, and how ya doin'?

If, as per the previous thread, saved stats stay, then I'd at least like either of the following:

1) Saves go out of the window if you restart in any form. They only work for the nation you have as you save.

2) The saved stats stay, but with each reroll, they are lowered by 25% of the original stats until they're zero and you have to save again - using current stats.

The first compromise was actually one of my last rulings...that with a restart of any form, you habve to revert to CURRENT stats.

The problem with most of these is that they threaten your neighbors, who, if they are playing RP fairly, will be forced to RP losses, too.

Actually, saved stats came up about the same time, perhaps just shortly after, the idea that we had to play based on stats in the first place.

Sorry to say this but the news reports forum used the ig=ic mechanic for reference look at Botha he pretty much reflects CNRP before we came with multipliers and such. Or the old Uberstein for that matter where if he had a plane in the game he had it in the rp

Sorry to say this but the news reports forum used the ig=ic mechanic for reference look at Botha he pretty much reflects CNRP before we came with multipliers and such. Or the old Uberstein for that matter where if he had a plane in the game he had it in the rp

Key phrase--"used to be."

And Botha is hardly a good example to use, as only one other nation uses IG stats to such a degree as he does.

Wait so if this CNRP is not our exact nation from Cybernations the game why can't I have a navy? I don't have it IG well so what this isn't exactly CN as it has been said therefore you can't say we can't have a navy in CNRP.

Because you have to build the navy first. Once you build it and war comes you could save it til something merits your fall again or you re-roll. It is based on CN, but not about CN, which is what the OWF is for and why CNRP was separated out from the old national and war forums.. to reduce confusion.

I thought 1 was accepted anyhow. I think it is a gross abuse of current saved stat rules to try and re-roll on saved stats and would never approve of such.

Okay, that area of the forums. <_< I'm sure I could find some news reports of mine.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=57708 and there are many more both on the old as the new forums.

Edit:

Because you have to build the navy first. Once you build it and war comes you could save it til something merits your fall again or you re-roll. It is based on CN, but not about CN, which is what the OWF is for and why CNRP was separated out from the old national and war forums.. to reduce confusion.

CNRP is what the community makes out of it, while close until now the majority seems in favor of having it more about CN

Edited by Centurius

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=57708 and there are many more both on the old as the new forums.

Edit:

CNRP is what the community makes out of it, while close until now the majority seems in favor of having it more about CN

The majority? Sorry, friend, you're looking at the wrong poll for that statement.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

ooc: Not true. In one poll they are almost tied in actual vote count based on posted votes. This poll was manipulated and therefore reads falsely. My poll from this thread: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=62998 indicates that a common sense compromise would be FAR more popular by a VERY LARGE majority and has the support of people on both sides of the saved stats issue because of the common ground and reasonable nature of the proposal.

It also has no arbitrary measures to determine who keeps stats and who does not.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

As an unaffiliated player trapped permanently in peace mode I'm forever trapped in a state of perpetual non-growth, I believe anyone else who's brought down to my level should have to play that in CNRP. . . I'm bitter like that.

If you like I can put you under my personal protection, for what good it would do. you can even say so in your IG nation description, though I won't be able to help you for about a month from four days ago.

I won;t even ask you to join my alliance.

I won;t even ask you to join my alliance.
Why anyone would willingly join the GGA is beyond me, and get out of this thread with your recruiting.

Wow Sargun, have you really reduced yourself to this kind of talk? He's OBVIOUSLY not recruiting, he's trying to help someone out. I used to like you a lot and we had a few good conversations in the past, but lately you have just been acting miserable and lashing out for no reason. You seriously are single-handedly bringing down the respect level in this area of the forums.

No exaggeration, everytime I see your name appear in a thread I just expect you to act like a grumpy old man with a grudge against the world. And rarely do you disappoint.

Why anyone would willingly join the GGA is beyond me, and get out of this thread with your recruiting.

Sargun, I won't bother responding to that, other than to say you seem to have completely missed part of my post.

Sir Jesus seems to have adequately expressed what I would say if I were inclined to speak my mind.