Announcement From The Echelon

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice terms for Echelon and congrats on an end to hostilities

What terms did you think were appropriate for Valhalla, GGA, and IRON then? Just asking.

Also, what did Caffine do that warrants him being banned from government?

Good to see these guys get peace. I'll also like to echo Stumpy's statements regarding banning Caffine from government, albeit with more forum-suitable language.

I fear I may be too blunt for my own good. Seriously though, this is complete nonsense.

Wait what the $%&@? I just realized that Caffine was banned from gov. I dont care what alliance you are in but that is wrong. People flipped a !@#$ when they asked that of STA but you have no problem asking it here? This is terrible. Seriously what the $%&@ were you thinking?

Not to say that I don not agree with you but I think it's ironic at how upset you are about how harsh this is considering how upset you were at the leniency shown in Valhalla's terms.

I notice the distinct absence of reps to RIA and that makes me happy.

It's not scathing so much as ignorant to see "surrender" then just post a quote.

Karma as a whole stands for a war. Archon is a single man and can't enforce his ideologies upon others. Our "cause" is not to impose weak terms upon alliances who deserve much more. The fact that Echelon was bleeding members and now has barely enough tech in the entire alliance to pay the terms is their own fault for continuing this uphill slaughter.

wow so they honor a treaty to jump in to a war that was a curb stomp and you blame them?

i think people tried to get out but then karma made the term coalition of cowards up lol

and how the hell did they start this war.

Edited by Sylar

Wow guys. Great terms you have here. Did you ask NPO for some tips on writing them or what?

Poor show. Very poor show.

EDIT

8. Echelon admits that it started the war and that it was defeated soundly, and hereby surrenders to the collective might assembled.

Seriously? Glad you wrote this in, or I would have never guessed they lost!

11. Echelon must maintain a cute demeanor for the duration of these terms. Any change in demeanor from cute is grounds for the immediate resumption of hostilities. Refusal to comply with the above terms on a mass scale will result in continued warfare.

"Oh well we put in a lulz term so it doesn't look so mean." :rolleyes:

Epic, epic fail. Way to keep the damn cycle going.

Edited by Nizzle

It's not scathing so much as ignorant to see "surrender" then just post a quote.

Karma as a whole stands for a war. Archon is a single man and can't enforce his ideologies upon others. Our "cause" is not to impose weak terms upon alliances who deserve much more. The fact that Echelon was bleeding members and now has barely enough tech in the entire alliance to pay the terms is their own fault for continuing this uphill slaughter.

So the more they fought the more the reparation amounts rose and the more the terms became harsher? Is that what you mean to say? <_<

Why are you not fighting if you believe so strongly then?

I don't have to. If Karma really exists like you guys say it does, all I need do is wait.

The fact that Echelon was bleeding members and now has barely enough tech in the entire alliance to pay the terms is their own fault for continuing this uphill slaughter.

But umm...when your fighting the only way to stop is to get surrender terms....

And they can't control those right? ;)

He's not going to put his alliance in danger.

Not to say that I don not agree with you but I think it's ironic at how upset you are about how harsh this is considering how upset you were at the leniency shown in Valhalla's terms.

He's flipping !@#$ about a term banning a player from government, not reparations. I would think that was his issue with Valhalla's terms (the lack of reps, that is).

Compare what Valhalla has done in its history to what Echelon has done in its and get back to me. I promise their is a distinct difference. Also, Im upset over this government thing. Read my post. I never wanted chefjoe removed from government.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

Wait what the $%&@? I just realized that Caffine was banned from gov. I dont care what alliance you are in but that is wrong. People flipped a !@#$ when they asked that of STA but you have no problem asking it here? This is terrible. Seriously what the $%&@ were you thinking?

People also complained when it was done to Polar, albeit secretly. You see, it is only wrong when it is done to you.

Anyway, Karma, continue to show us your true colors. You abandoned any sort of "principles" this war was fought on a long time ago. It has been obvious for quite some time that you're simply in it for revenge now, and you're just as petty as I said you'd be.

You know Chicken, I expected better from you. This is the same line used by the Hegemony time and time again, declaring that you have no right to an opinion unless you are the one getting beat down, because if not, it doesn't affect you. It was a prelude to threatening people for not being shy about their true feelings. This isn't the first time I've seen Karma use this line, and I have seen Karma threaten people, such as myself. I must say I am quite sickened by what I see.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Wait...can somebody PLEASE explain this one please.

8. Echelon admits that it started the war and that it was defeated soundly, and hereby surrenders to the collective might assembled.

In what way did Echelon start the war? They just followed a treaty.

wow so they honor a treaty to jump in to a war that was a curb stomp and you blame them?

Since they had the treaty, yeah. Are we supposed to congratulate them for behaving normally? Pretty much their fault. They thought they were safe under NPO's boot.

i think people tried to get out but then karma made the term coalition of cowards up lol

The fact that they came back does not impress me.

these terms are disgusting and considering your getting 10K tech i bet Archon couldn't of told them i dont want the tech. very bad terms.

Yes, because Archon controls GR. Exactly right. MK doesn't give a !@#$ about the tech. That term is because GR wanted to return tech from the WotC and had no influence from the membership of MK, that's for damn sure.

way to sound like NPO.

Way to find a flaw. I sound like NPO because I want one of the closer wardogs of the Hegemony to be punished.

People also complained when it was done to Polar, albeit secretly. You see, it is only wrong when it is done to you.

Anyway, Karma, continue to show us your true colors. You abandoned any sort of "principles" this war was fought on a long time ago. It has been obvious for quite some time that you're simply in it for revenge now, and you're just as petty as I said you'd be.

Or Legion in GW3, or GATO with CK (even if they are better off without him...) or STA with Rakari and Pezstar and I believe a couple others...

That said, I believe your view of who is in Karma and what it stands for differs to quite a few other people.

Edited by Diomede

I've got absolutely no sympathy, these terms are warranted. Except the Caffine term which I find pointless, I don't see anything that should cause outrage. I don't want to seem lenient just for the sake of a propaganda line so that the same alliances can bounce back up in a few months and gun for revenge.

Excessively righteous people on the Karma side tend to forget that you can't let everybody get off easy. There are a lot of big alliances that got bruised in this war, and there is no unified superpower to keep them in check forever. You want them to stop calling the shots once and for all? Then do what you have to do.

So the more they fought the more the reparation amounts rose and the more the terms became harsher? Is that what you mean to say? <_<

The terms stayed the same, actually.

But umm...when your fighting the only way to stop is to get surrender terms....

And they can't control those right? ;)

They can accept terms before they get too harsh, because they're likely not to go down as far as your ability to pay does.

Edited by Rey the Great