Announcement From The Echelon

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got absolutely no sympathy, these terms are warranted. Except the Caffine term which I find pointless, I don't see anything that should cause outrage. I don't want to seem lenient just for the sake of a propaganda line so that the same alliances can bounce back up in a few months and gun for revenge.

Excessively righteous people on the Karma side tend to forget that you can't let everybody get off easy. There are a lot of big alliances that got bruised in this war, and there is no unified superpower to keep them in check forever. You want them to stop calling the shots once and for all? Then do what you have to do.

We have no right to ban government members or members at all. We hated it when it was done to STA, we should hate it now. This is the part in the terms where I have issue.

Or Or Legion in GW3, or GATO with CK (even if they are better off without him...) or STA with Rakari and Pezstar and I believe a couple others...

That said, I believe your view of who is in Karma and what it stands for differs to quite a few other people.

I'm simply holding Karma to what they said they would do. If they wish to backtrack on these things by saying they never were in Karma, or that they never agreed to that, well, then what can I do? Nothing really, except call them on it. And believe me, I will.

Interesting... a little harsher than I expected for a second-rate alliance that wasn't anywhere near a ring leader compared to IRON, GGA, or Valhalla.

art_of_laughter2.jpg

Come on now Cookavich, you can't slip a funny like that past me.

Since they had the treaty, yeah. Are we supposed to congratulate them for behaving normally? Pretty much their fault. They thought they were safe under NPO's boot.

You are a true winner, Rey. I'm honestly impressed MK has gone from "bawww they are only treaty partners its not fair" to "they shouldn't have signed the treaty." Wasn't that the logic used during WotC you all still complain so much about? Way to be classy.

If I had written the terms, these all would not be the outcome. I mainly have issues banning Caffine from gov't permanently, as I'm not a fan of permanent terms at all. However, I don't have much issue at all with the reps. These are the same terms that Echelon turned down a month (?) or so ago, and weren't quite as proportionally harsh as they seem now. The terms were on the table waiting for Echelon to accept, and now they have. No qualms about that.

Overall, I'm glad to see Echelon finally at peace. Good luck with your rebuilding.

I've got absolutely no sympathy, these terms are warranted. Except the Caffine term which I find pointless, I don't see anything that should cause outrage. I don't want to seem lenient just for the sake of a propaganda line so that the same alliances can bounce back up in a few months and gun for revenge.

Excessively righteous people on the Karma side tend to forget that you can't let everybody get off easy. There are a lot of big alliances that got bruised in this war, and there is no unified superpower to keep them in check forever. You want them to stop calling the shots once and for all? Then do what you have to do.

Echelon? Calling shots? Being a threat?

Are we talking about the same alliance here? They are impotent without big treaty partners, and you should know that. Further, your justification is precisely the same justification used by those you hate.

Interesting... a little harsher than I expected for a second-rate alliance that wasn't anywhere near a ring leader compared to IRON, GGA, or Valhalla.

This is also my take. I thought that GGA and Valhalla got off way to easy. IRON got off easy but not totally easy.

Echelon was fine sitting by and watching their allies push people around for a long time so they do deserve everything they have gotten.

Glad to see peace.

I dislike the terms, especially making only those with 1000 tech and over pay the reps and banning someone from gov, but in the end it was Echelons war and I am just glad that Echelon got peace. I hope that in time Echelon will be able to rebuild to a prewar level and I wish them luck in future endeavors.

I use it as frequently as you guys try to justify Karma and what it stands for. Want me to stop quoting it? Live up to the promises. As of now they're as hollow as your cause is.

Not really. And you seem like a pretty big whiner.

Congrats on peace Echelon. Despite the minor crying in this thread, these terms will be easy to handle.

You are a true winner, Rey. I'm honestly impressed MK has gone from "bawww they are only treaty partners its not fair" to "they shouldn't have signed the treaty." Wasn't that the logic used during WotC you all still complain so much about? Way to be classy.

I represent MK? When did that happen? Also, no, they shouldn't have KEPT a treaty if both ends are abusing it, and yes, that's exactly what happened.

No, I wasn't in MK during the WotC, so I'm not still complaining about anything.

Edit: Hey, I left something out.

Edited by Rey the Great

I represent MK? Also, no, they shouldn't have KEPT a treaty if both ends are abusing it, and yes, that's exactly what happened.

No, I wasn't in MK during the WotC, so I'm not still complaining about anything.

You are acting like he actually understands your history and reads your posts. Spoiler: Untrue.

Echelon? Calling shots? Being a threat?

Are we talking about the same alliance here? They are impotent without big treaty partners, and you should know that. Further, your justification is precisely the same justification used by those you hate.

Not quite. There is nothing stopping these alliances to re-sign with each other in the future. And seeing as most of them are in the same pot, with the rest of the world raising an eyebrow to any contact with them, who are they likely to be friends with? The people that defeated them, or their former allies?

I'm saying there's too many of them to let all of them get off easy. Plain and simple, you want to get rid of a power structure, you have to cut some heads. This wasn't a curb stomp, we're not talking about the GPA stealing GGA's sanction. This isn't a unified world, if all these former hegemony alliances are left able to regain their ground quickly, they will, and they stand a good chance at imposing themselves again.

edit: spelling

Edited by delendum

If I recall correctly Echelon cancelled their treaty with NPO thena few hours later defended NPO. So no they did not honor their treaty.

Though do point out if im wrong, please.

Also well done to both sides, im sure you enjoyed the war.

Edited by Tornado

If I recall correctly Echelon cancelled their treaty with NPO thena few hours later defended NPO. So no they did not honor their treaty.

They still had 1V as a back door.

Not quite. There is nothing stopping these alliances to re-sign with each other in the future. And seeing as most of them are in the same pot, with the rest of the world raising an eyebrow to any contact with them, who are they likely to be friends with? The people that defeated them, or their former allies?

Judging by the way some of them have been treated, they may well befriend those that defeated them. Terms like these merely set the stage for them to seek out their old allies, and I'm surprised no one has thought of that.

I'm saying there's too many of them to let all of them get off easy. Plain and simple, you want to get rid of a power structure, you have to cut some heads. This wasn't a curb stomp, we're not talking about the GPA stealing GGA's sanction. This isn't a unified world, if all these former hegemony alliances are left able to regain their ground quickly, they will, and they stand a good change at imposing themselves again.

This wasn't a curb stomp? I think it was. Some of these alliances were smashed to way less than half their former size. You wouldn't call that a curbstomp when their attackers are, by comparison, unscathed?

This is what I'm trying to get at: By allowing terms like these to be signed, you ended the war. You know what else, though? Today is the first day Echelon begins to plan the very comeback you are worried about and wanted to prevent. Terms like these cause revenge to happen. Think about what spurred Karma into action.

Also well done to both sides, im sure you enjoyed the war.

Learn to search before insulting an alliance.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/One_Vision