Denniswerf

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lol'd at Sponge's post -- I can see how that could get really annoying, really fast.

Have fun with this. I sorta, kinda did something like this during the start of the Karma War. Nuclear policy and all, even. Never nuked, though. It was a blast (in the conventional sense) and Cornelius was a good sport about it. B)

OOC: Except this is a game and people don't die/kill other people.

IC: This is going to end well :V

Good luck :)

Also I don't know how people who fight translates to cowards. Generally the cowards are those that sit in peacemode all day because of their OOC Pixels /OOC Really...comeon now

Title: I wanne join the organisation

Alliance which I want to attack: poison clan

Alliance which I don't want to attack: /

Player which I want to be attacked: everyone

am i doing this right

I personally think that only a couple of people will go through with it. Every ones going to get all hypedup and then nothings going to happen. Who ever is leading this better make sure that they have a lot of followers that will go throught with it.

I would submit to you that anyone doing this is playing the game a lot more than most people are. Backcollecting every 10-15 days isn't playing compared to getting out there and mixing it up with other nations.

This post leaves out the factor of alliances completely. Yes, its true that those going rogue are most likely doing more on cybernations.net than most players, excluding recruiters. But anyone working in an alliance is doing much more, albeit on their own forums. A person can become an expert at war in a matter of months, but running an Department in an alliance, or the alliance itself? That takes a lot more intelligence and effort. Personally I would do what Locke suggested, when I leave the game - aid my alliance, to benefit my friends.

While I wouldn't call those who go rogue in the manner Denniswerf is organizing cowards, there is no honor in it. I wouldn't be surprised if some alliances viewed what he's doing as a threat. If someone were to attack UCN on Denniswerf's direction, I certainly wouldn't be very happy with him.

This post leaves out the factor of alliances completely. Yes, its true that those going rogue are most likely doing more on cybernations.net than most players, excluding recruiters. But anyone working in an alliance is doing much more, albeit on their own forums. A person can become an expert at war in a matter of months, but running an Department in an alliance, or the alliance itself? That takes a lot more intelligence and effort. Personally I would do what Locke suggested, when I leave the game - aid my alliance, to benefit my friends.

So is someone who doesn't do what you'd do a bad person? Not everyone wants to spend 20-30 hours a week putting up with whiny self-centered brats who want constant attention and no-strings-attached aid for their nations. (PS that's what most alliances have quite a few of... cue the "not my alliance!!" posts)

While I wouldn't call those who go rogue in the manner Denniswerf is organizing cowards, there is no honor in it. I wouldn't be surprised if some alliances viewed what he's doing as a threat.
lol, "honor". There's no such thing in CN. It's a throwaway word people use when they want to sound all heroic. Every time I see someone post something using that word I cringe.
If someone were to attack UCN on Denniswerf's direction, I certainly wouldn't be very happy with him.

Why not? Wars are fun.

While I wouldn't call those who go rogue in the manner Denniswerf is organizing cowards, there is no honor in it. I wouldn't be surprised if some alliances viewed what he's doing as a threat. If someone were to attack UCN on Denniswerf's direction, I certainly wouldn't be very happy with him.

What does honor have to do with a browser-based computer game, though?

What does honor have to do with a browser-based computer game, though?

Apparently, this whole 'honor' stuff means a great deal. If you don't have honor, then you are a travesty to the cyberverse.

Or something.

I always just tried to play the game to have fun and make sure my friends (allies) had fun too, but I guess this isn't honorable enough.

I had expected better from you Denniswerf, and also from Raptorix. I held both of you in high regards.

It seems you joined the smurfs....... having fun at the expenses of others...............

There's some other kind of fun than fun at the expense of others? O_o

Also I don't know how people who fight translates to cowards. Generally the cowards are those that sit in peacemode all day because of their OOC Pixels /OOC Really...comeon now

If you think someone deserves to get attacked, then attack them. It takes guts (well, in-character guts at least) because you know that if you attack them, your pixels, your reputation and possibly your alliance are on the line. Waiting until you decide you're bored of the game and then attacking them when you've got nothing to lose takes no guts. Most people who go rogue before they quit are the ones who sit on their grudges for months (if not years), too scared to take action in case they lose their precious pixels.

If you think someone deserves to get attacked, then attack them. It takes guts (well, in-character guts at least) because you know that if you attack them, your pixels, your reputation and possibly your alliance are on the line. Waiting until you decide you're bored of the game and then attacking them when you've got nothing to lose takes no guts. Most people who go rogue before they quit are the ones who sit on their grudges for months (if not years), too scared to take action in case they lose their precious pixels.

People wait until they've got nothing to lose because they know that in 99% of cases their nations will be bombed to oblivion if they dare to attack anyone off their own back. If someone 'rogue' attacked a TOP member because they didn't like something they said on OWF, do you think TOP would show mercy? Of course you wouldn't, you'd destroy the nation until your collective hurt over the lost pixels is healed.

It is not the fault of the rogues that they have to wait until they are bored of the game to do their work, it's the fault of the pixel hugging freaks who will hand out ZIs just because some guy in their alliance got rogue nuked. The ZI is a defacto death sentence for most people anyway - would you bother to rebuild after a couple of nukes resulted in the loss of 10k infra? I know a stupid punishment like that would put me off playing.

It has nothing to do with cowardice on the rogue's part, and everything to do with the pettiness of the victims.

Edited by Aimee Mann

Right on the edit.

Also I did still nuke you every single day I was allowed to, and ended up with about a dozen warheads still in the bank when we left the war.

Now let me huggle my WRC again. :)

Took you 4 tries each day before hitting me. And the last 2 days you didnt nuke me but your WRC-less brother in arms (which I really didnt mind since that WRC really really really hurts).

Actually the only war ive been in currently where it stopped that many nukes.

The ZI is a defacto death sentence for most people anyway - would you bother to rebuild after a couple of nukes resulted in the loss of 10k infra? I know a stupid punishment like that would put me off playing.

Im eager to test this.

/me presses softly the ''Fire'' button.

Edited by TheThirdMark

People wait until they've got nothing to lose because they know that in 99% of cases their nations will be bombed to oblivion if they dare to attack anyone off their own back. If someone 'rogue' attacked a TOP member because they didn't like something they said on OWF, do you think TOP would show mercy? Of course you wouldn't, you'd destroy the nation until your collective hurt over the lost pixels is healed.

It is not the fault of the rogues that they have to wait until they are bored of the game to do their work, it's the fault of the pixel hugging freaks who will hand out ZIs just because some guy in their alliance got rogue nuked. The ZI is a defacto death sentence for most people anyway - would you bother to rebuild after a couple of nukes resulted in the loss of 10k infra? I know a stupid punishment like that would put me off playing.

It has nothing to do with cowardice on the rogue's part, and everything to do with the pettiness of the victims.

The deterrence is why it takes guts.  That's the entire point of his post.  It has nothing to do with "pettiness" over pixels.  

Either way, I think complaining about nuclear rogues is about as useful as a poopy flavored lolly pop.

So is someone who doesn't do what you'd do a bad person? Not everyone wants to spend 20-30 hours a week putting up with whiny self-centered brats who want constant attention and no-strings-attached aid for their nations. (PS that's what most alliances have quite a few of... cue the "not my alliance!!" posts)

I called no one a bad person. I'm only saying that those who destroy the efforts of others for "fun" shouldn't be bragging about it.

lol, "honor". There's no such thing in CN. It's a throwaway word people use when they want to sound all heroic. Every time I see someone post something using that word I cringe.

I personally honor the work someone but into their nation/alliance, regardless of the fact its all pixels.

Why not? Wars are fun.

If war is fun, I suggest all those who sign up for this to simply declare on each other. Respect that some players don't find any fun in it, and let them be.

The deterrence is why it takes guts.  That's the entire point of his post.  It has nothing to do with "pettiness" over pixels.  

I have to agree with this in its entirety. I have to say it wasn't easy to attack someone, much less an alliance leader, knowing I wasn't intending on quitting the game and that the decision took some serious pondering. I think it takes a person with a very strong will to act to go rogue mid-career. Though I wasn't a nuke rogue (indeed, I had stated a nuclear policy when I attacked, which my friends decided to follow), it was difficult just the same because of the potential consequences.

Granted, it turned out well in the end, but for many others it doesn't end up that way.

I am not touting myself here, mind you. I did what I did for my own reasons and I don't want a pat on the back for it. The reward was helping a good friend for whom I have a lot of respect. I am just sharing my experience with it and supporting the point that, yes, it takes a strong will to act to do something like this in the face of such deterrence.

Either way, I think complaining about nuclear rogues is about as useful as a poopy flavored lolly pop.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!

LOL. How about no? Believe me, I enjoy war. But when I go rogue (for the umpteenth time) I prefer, as I always have, to do my own thing, my own way and pick my own targets. Roguery is a special zone of this game. It's another way to play. I don't plan on leaving any time soon, but who knows when I'll go rogue. :P Probably before that.

My point is, when I do it, it's a pin point, coordinated move that's been planned for quite a while. It's not random stirring. Roguery without a cause is lame, and roguery when you're just lead into it by someone else who you barely know is weak.

EDIT FOR GRAMMAZ

Edited by JayOvfEnnay

I love the talk about honor, evil, pixel huggers or whatelse. This game is far to slow to make it super dynamic, it cost to much TIME to build up a proper nation and you can loose it to fast. If you want to enjoy war on a tactical level play TE.

In my experience only fast mmorpg´s can develop a dynamic on a level who sides with who in fast rotation and most of that games are round based, like TE, or you can´t loose much in a war or can rebuild fast to old shape. Only with such a setting you will see betrayal and less "honor" and action because you need betrayal to win a round and less honor because you probably have to side with your former enemy to win again next round.

I have seen it all in other, faster games no one cared about honor there ;). All that evilness what you seen in CN yet is a kindergarten play compared to what i witnessed in other games. Alliances switching sides mid round at the peak of an even war, betray former friends, spying by infiltrating/cracking private IRC channels, sabotaging IRC channels even private IRC server, sabotaging boards without any hesitation.

Pre round planed betrayal, side first with your later enemy to let him think he is save and then snap let him hang dry. And noone cared, all were used to such behaviour.

Faster, more dynamic, more action text based mmorpg´s may be more fun but surely have some very negative side effects :P

CN:SE is not designed for such a gaming style, if you want action play TE.

Edited by Steelrat