This weeks Lotto numbers

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slightly confused by the wording of Article 4.

You're saying it's a PIAT but Article 4 reads like an MDP, since there is no "optional" qualification within the actual clause. It basically states that if aid is requested, both parties agree to offer it, as long as it's requested. The only qualifier is that military aid is not directly stated, only implied.

It's a pretty poorly written clause. We'll be treating this like a standard PIAT, not an MDP, and we expect Legion will be doing the same. That was our intent when we wrote and signed it.

Edited by Penguin

It's a pretty poorly written clause. We'll be treating this like a standard PIAT, not an MDP, and we expect Legion will be doing the same as that was our intent when we each signed it.

Ah, alright. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

Edited by Big Z

Mmm, good thing no one has discovered that this is a secret MADP... Our cleverly e-lawerying in articles 3 and 4 outshines even the OBR's infamous "death cookie".

Mmm. Some of us are less than pleased with the wording of the treaty that indicates that it's something more than you intend it to be.

Mmm. Some of us are less than pleased with the wording of the treaty that indicates that it's something more than you intend it to be.
Poorly written treaties affect millions of alliance every year, Pezstar. Penguin's already stated we'll treat it as a PIAT. Nothing to be displeased about.

You know Pez, I do not give a flying rats bumhole about e-lawyers and e-lawyering and I really get quite bored with it all. It is as common toilet paper grade PIAT, thats all it is and all it will be treated as. I wont be treating this as an MDP, nor would I expect that Legion will be relying on it as an MDP.

Rest assured, when I sign an MDP, I will call it an MDP, it will have a clear reference to defense and not some ambiguous and vague reference to something that may be read as one by tilting your head sideways.

Poorly written treaties affect millions of alliance every year, Pezstar. Penguin's already stated we'll treat it as a PIAT. Nothing to be displeased about.

For only 50 tech a day to me you could save one these poor afflicted millions (read: dozens). Wont you give a little to help us poor souls? :(

Why would anyone treaty with Legion ever

Because they rock and like was said have grown a lot to the point where Polaris took this seriously when I first started talking to Dajobo

What does "other" refer to then?

Probably guides, general knowledge and game mechanics help as opposed to military aid.

Also, I am glad to see me mentioned!!! Congrats on this finally getting out, I am very happy for both parties and wish you both the best. To my former home in the Legion, you have done so much to advance from your past. To my friends on blue, yall are great people and I appreciate the fact that Grub, Penguin, Dajobo, and others gave the Legion this chance.

A toast to a great friendship formed and to a beautiful future!

o/ Polar

Ave Legio!

The Legion has changed considerably from the Legion of a year and a half ago, Pez.

More on topic, it's great to see this treaty of a Peace, Intelligence, and Aid variety.

:wub: friends