This weeks Lotto numbers

Athol the Aardvark - The Treaty

NpOFlag7.jpgLegionFlag.png

1. Sovereignty

The Legion and the New Polar Order agrees to respect each others sovereignty and refrain from attempting to maliciously influence each others policies, be they foreign or internal, by any means.

2. Non-Aggression

The Legion and the New Polar Order agrees to refrain from committing any act of aggression toward each others, be it direct warfare, espionage, providing aid for the enemy of other or any other act of aggression. If such an act is committed in violation of this treaty both signatories pledge to work together in a respectful manner to solve correct the situation and if the situation warrants it discuss reparations.

3. Intelligence

The Legion and the New Polar Order agrees to inform each other of any and all information that they might come in possession of that is relevant to the others interest and/or security.

4. Aid

The Legion and the New Polar Order agrees to offer assistance in any form possible to each other, should it be financial aid, technical support or other if such is requested.

5. Cancellation

If either alliance wishes to dissolve the pact this can be done by giving direct notice to the appropriate government body of the other signatory. Once the official notification has been given part 1 and 2 of the pact stay in effect for 72 hours, once the 72 hours is up the pact is considered null and void.

Signed for the New Polar Order,

AlmightyGrub, Emperor

Arctic Penguin, Imperial Council Liaison

Dajobo, Minister of Truth

Jphillips, Deputy Minister of Truth

Ski11585, Minister of Plenty

Signed for the Legion,

Imperial, Imperator

Hubb, Proconsul

Jacosby, Minister of Foreign Affairs

totem, Minister of Defense

Iron Wolf, Minister of Internal Affairs

SIWELCELA, Minister of Economics

And a special shout out to former Legion MoFA KW for all the work he did getting this process started :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the both of you :)

@ o ya baby, Legion has done a lot to overcome past mistakes and redeem their reputation. I cannot see a single reason not to treaty them. They have shown that they will uphold their commitments, no matter the cost, and they will do so to the best of their ability.

edit to add:

4. Aid

The Legion and the New Polar Order agrees to offer assistance in any form possible to each other, should it be financial aid, technical support or other if such is requested.

(emphasis mine)

Does 'or other' include military aid if requested?

Edited by Kryievla

Just to contradict my buddy Death, no other is not Military in this instance. This is a PIAT not an ODP or anything else.

A lot of people express surprise at this treaty but the truth is we have changed a lot in the past 12 months and for totally unconnected reasons so have Legion. I have talked a lot with them over the past few months and they are good folk :)

Just to contradict my buddy Death, no other is not Military in this instance. This is a PIAT not an ODP or anything else.

A lot of people express surprise at this treaty but the truth is we have changed a lot in the past 12 months and for totally unconnected reasons so have Legion. I have talked a lot with them over the past few months and they are good folk :)

What does "other" refer to then?

Of course I was talking just about semantics, nobody better than you to give us the proper info. ;)

Dajabo :wub:

I'm slightly confused by the wording of Article 4.

You're saying it's a PIAT but Article 4 reads like an MDP, since there is no "optional" qualification within the actual clause. It basically states that if aid is requested, both parties agree to offer it, as long as it's requested. The only qualifier is that military aid is not directly stated, only implied.

Edited by Big Z