Ultimatum to Sparta

Sent to all three blue senators:

To: magicalbricks From: Electron Sponge Date: 6/5/2009 2:07:15 PM

Subject: Rebel Virginia sanction

Message: To the Blue Team senators: Please remove the sanction on Rebel Virginia. What started as a joke is spiraling out of control. Sparta has no right to have him sanctioned and to be quite honest an MHA member has no business applying sanctions on this team. I must protest this sanction in the strongest possible terms. The blue team senate should be controlled by blue team alliances, not aqua! Thank you for your time and quick action in this matter. Regards, ES

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not the big guy shoving the little guy around, this is the little guy giving the big guy the middle finger and the big guy giving him a good cold stare.

Your analogy sucks. A sanction is a bit more then a good cold stare. If I was the big guy, I would just beat the !@#$ out of him, and then let him get back up. You have nations. You could have easily just retaliated if it was that big of a deal. However, you had to take it to sanctions.

Your original reason for attacking him was because he was wearing the NPO AA? Well, do you just go and sanction everyone wearing that AA? I didn't think so.

Also, the fact that RV of all people was attacked for wearing that AA seems kinda funny to me, him being a Vox founder and all that.

No alliance would tolerate an unprovoked attack on one of their nations and nor should they. Is Rebel Virginia supposed to become immune to reprisal because he makes a joke about attacking someone? It was quite funny until one of our members got attacked. We have promised to our members that we will protect them. Now it would have been too much to have opted for a full scale attack on RV but really. I think we were pretty reasonable here.

This is not the big guy shoving the little guy around, this is the little guy giving the big guy the middle finger and the big guy giving him a good cold stare.

You attacked him, I do believe that qualifies as provocation. Do you make it a habit of always sanctioning 4k NS nations you are at war with?

No alliance would tolerate an unprovoked attack on one of their nations and nor should they. Is Rebel Virginia supposed to become immune to reprisal because he makes a joke about attacking someone? It was quite funny until one of our members got attacked. We have promised to our members that we will protect them. Now it would have been too much to have opted for a full scale attack on RV but really. I think we were pretty reasonable here.

It would have been too much to attack me? Are you kidding me? What, would your members lose precious infrastructure? At levels so cheap it can be rebuilt for mere pennies? Please tell me you are joking.

And you giving a cold hard stare? That implies you are doing nothing. By having me sanctioned you took action. I must be getting to you, aren't I? Also, if I gave you the middle finger it is because you did something to me first. Do bear in mind that I have every right to defend myself and my alliance. Self-defense is not the travesty you seem to think it is.

I always do my research. So your point is that because your attack could be seen as justified that he has no right to retaliate and beyond that you feel that his retaliation should justify you to go as far as a sanction?

If only Sparta were so dilligent on NPO's top ranks maybe pre-terms to get NPO out of Peace mode would not be needed.

My sentiments exactly. Especially that last part.

Your analogy sucks. A sanction is a bit more then a good cold stare. If I was the big guy, I would just beat the !@#$ out of him, and then let him get back up. You have nations. You could have easily just retaliated if it was that big of a deal. However, you had to take it to sanctions.

Your original reason for attacking him was because he was wearing the NPO AA? Well, do you just go and sanction everyone wearing that AA? I didn't think so.

Also, the fact that RV of all people was attacked for wearing that AA seems kinda funny to me, him being a Vox founder and all that.

Did you really expect all of our low NS members to be patrons of these boards? I'm sure if he knew RV wasn't in NPO he wouldn't have attacked. We're weapons free in that range so he just found an NPO target to attack. It's not like we attacked RV for the hell of it.

It would have been too much to attack me? Are you kidding me? What, would your members lose precious infrastructure? At levels so cheap it can be rebuilt for mere pennies? Please tell me you are joking.

you're obviously asking to be attacked; why would we give you what you want? XD

I think we were pretty reasonable here.

How is sanctioning a tiny, non nuclear nation even somewhat reasonable? This is the big guy shoving the little guy around, along with the little guy's trade partners on blue.

Wait, he was attacked first. His attack was retaliation, most people would do it. And now you sanction him. The little guy gave the big guy the finger when the big guy attacked the little guy.

Edited by Mundokiir

Did you really expect all of our low NS members to be patrons of these boards? I'm sure if he knew RV wasn't in NPO he wouldn't have attacked. We're weapons free in that range so he just found an NPO target to attack. It's not like we attacked RV for the hell of it.

That's fine, but a sanction is pathetic.

Lol, that was a $%&@ed up move sparta, its not cool, not cool at all <_<

No, I don't. I seriously doubt anyone would mind counter attacking. The sanction was overkill.

Doesn't Sparta have target lists? I'm sure, if your low NS nations knew you were at war against NPO, then they check the Sparta forums? Why didn't he see what targets were assigned to his squad or barrack or w/e you people call them.

How is sanctioning a tiny, non nuclear nation even somewhat reasonable? This is the big guy shoving the little guy around, along with the little guy's trade partners on blue.

I don't know if this is of any concern to you, but one of my trading partners was a member of Genesis. Sam Pollard. Traded with others in Carpe Diem, United Blue Directorate, and The Foreign Division as well. Most were fairly large nations, and seeing as how my trade combination is valuable and rare (even rarer to find nations with those resources and open trade slots) on blue, this is going to be a major inconvenience to these nations, and a completely unnecessary one. Sparta by sanctioning me has accomplished very little, possibly nothing, at the expense of five nations.

Alright, I will leave this here as it is obvious that people are trying very purposely to inflame this situation.

Rebel Virginia was ghosting NPO with whom we are in a state of war.

A Spartan attacked Rebel Virginia because he was ghosting NPO and we are attacking them.

Rebel Virginia posted a joke message asking for reparations from Sparta.

Rebel Virginia then attacked another spartan member randomly and continued to drum up attention about it.

Sparta had Rebel Virginia sanctioned for attacking a random Spartan member.

Those are the facts. Jokes are fine but attacking members of our alliance is not. RV was attacked because he purposely ghosted NPO which he knew would get him attacked. It was Rebel Virginia who attacked another random nation and took this beyond the level of a harmless joke. If we had attacked Rebel Virginia instead of sanctioning you don't think we'd be seeing the same whining?

What alliance would simply have allowed an uninvolved member to be attacked?

I don't know if this is of any concern to you, but one of my trading partners was a member of Genesis. Sam Pollard. Traded with others in Carpe Diem, United Blue Directorate, and The Foreign Division as well. Most were fairly large nations, and seeing as how my trade combination is valuable and rare (even rarer to find nations with those resources and open trade slots) on blue, this is going to be a major inconvenience to these nations, and a completely unnecessary one. Sparta by sanctioning me has accomplished very little, possibly nothing, at the expense of five nations.

It is of concern to me, regardless of having a prior trade with Sam, though I will admit that makes it a bit more personal. I don't often make appearances here on this forum. And yes, you have a great set of natives. I am hopeful that Sponge's messages to the blue team senators will have an effect. I plan to follow up on this more when I get access to IRC this evening.

Doesn't Sparta have target lists? I'm sure, if your low NS nations knew you were at war against NPO, then they check the Sparta forums? Why didn't he see what targets were assigned to his squad or barrack or w/e you people call them.

As I said, we're weapons free in that range. We have target lists for mainly larger NS nations and some for lower NS nations but he was obviously not given one of the targets on the list. Thus, he found himself one and attacked. I don't see how this is confusing.

Oceana wishes to express its strongest condemnation of the use of sanctions against Rebel Virginia of FAIL, and hereby extends an offer for secret trades with our member nations as available.

Signed by our hands, in the name of our Lady:

Alexei Solstian, Thurokiir of Oceana

Stormsend, Mundokiir of Oceana

Ebony Wings, Azukiir of Oceana

splash_woman.gif

actions have consequences. i'm sorry that you put your trading partners at risk

Alright, I will leave this here as it is obvious that people are trying very purposely to inflame this situation.

Rebel Virginia was ghosting NPO with whom we are in a state of war.

A Spartan attacked Rebel Virginia because he was ghosting NPO and we are attacking them.

Rebel Virginia posted a joke message asking for reparations from Sparta.

Rebel Virginia then attacked another spartan member randomly and continued to drum up attention about it.

Sparta had Rebel Virginia sanctioned for attacking a random Spartan member.

Those are the facts. Jokes are fine but attacking members of our alliance is not. RV was attacked because he purposely ghosted NPO which he knew would get him attacked. It was Rebel Virginia who attacked another random nation and took this beyond the level of a harmless joke. If we had attacked Rebel Virginia instead of sanctioning you don't think we'd be seeing the same whining?

I was attacked by a Spartan nation. I posted my terms for Sparta's surrender, and peace between two parties. Sparta rejected, so I returned fire in defense of myself. I have followed all generally acceptable conventions of warfare. You then sanction me without provocation. Do you see what is going on here?

If we had attacked Rebel Virginia instead of sanctioning you don't think we'd be seeing the same whining?

Most people wouldn't give a damn if it was just a counter strike. The thread would probably continue in the same vein it was before, mostly fun with some bad apples thrown in. It's the sanction making most people mad.