Ultimatum to Sparta

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is of concern to me, regardless of having a prior trade with Sam, though I will admit that makes it a bit more personal. I don't often make appearances here on this forum. And yes, you have a great set of natives. I am hopeful that Sponge's messages to the blue team senators will have an effect. I plan to follow up on this more when I get access to IRC this evening.

Yeah, I think we all need to get together as blue team alliances and discuss this. We've got a rogue senator who's taking orders from foreign powers not necessarily friendly to the interests of the blue team.

actions have consequences. i'm sorry that you put your trading partners at risk

Actions do indeed have consequences and I'd be shocked if this arrogant and inappropriate use of sanctions doesn't have some consequences for your alliance.

Edited by Electron Sponge

Nobody denies that there was the possibility of consequences, but a sanction? Do you sanction every rouge that attacks a member of your alliance?

No, you don't, because that would just be ridiculous. However, here is a chance of Sparta making itself look big and strong. Their plan appears to have backfired on them.

No, you don't, because that would just be ridiculous. However, here is a chance of Sparta making itself look big and strong. Their plan appears to have backfired on them.

I think that this is more about you trying to look big and strong. Otherwise you wouldn't have created a whole thread about this...

Alright, I will leave this here as it is obvious that people are trying very purposely to inflame this situation.

Rebel Virginia was ghosting NPO with whom we are in a state of war.

A Spartan attacked Rebel Virginia because he was ghosting NPO and we are attacking them.

Rebel Virginia posted a joke message asking for reparations from Sparta.

Rebel Virginia then attacked another spartan member randomly and continued to drum up attention about it.

Sparta had Rebel Virginia sanctioned for attacking a random Spartan member.

Those are the facts. Jokes are fine but attacking members of our alliance is not. RV was attacked because he purposely ghosted NPO which he knew would get him attacked. It was Rebel Virginia who attacked another random nation and took this beyond the level of a harmless joke. If we had attacked Rebel Virginia instead of sanctioning you don't think we'd be seeing the same whining?

What alliance would simply have allowed an uninvolved member to be attacked?

Uninvolved my $@!. You made it about every member of your alliance the moment it became about your alliance war with NPO. The sanction was a total crock. You made it about the uninvolved nations trading with RV. Now you try to justify saying he attacked you? You have a much bigger war in your hands, one in which you are trying to overthrow a regime with tactics that are mild compared to what you are doing with a single nation. I'm no longer looking so forward to the change.

I think that this is more about you trying to look big and strong. Otherwise you wouldn't have created a whole thread about this...

You obviously have no idea how important Rebel Virginia is. You will not get away with this.

I was attacked by a Spartan nation. I posted my terms for Sparta's surrender, and peace between two parties. Sparta rejected, so I returned fire in defense of myself. I have followed all generally acceptable conventions of warfare. You then sanction me without provocation. Do you see what is going on here?

I had a lot of sympathy for you until I read the OP here.

Sparta overreacted, but then again, it's not like your OP here was an overreaction or anything.

Simply because Sparta was wrong for sanctioning you doesn't vindicate this stupid thread.

If RV gets off the Blue team, can his friends give him secret trades, then have him go back on the Blue team - with trades - until he gets the sanction removed? Cause I just tried trading with him and it won't let me, not even secretly.

Yes, I've already acquired one secret trade in that way. I'll switch to no team now so that you can send your trade. The League thanks you for your support.

Yeah, I think we all need to get together as blue team alliances and discuss this. We've got a rogue senator who's taking orders from foreign powers not necessarily friendly to the interests of the blue team.

Actions do indeed have consequences and I'd be shocked if this arrogant and inappropriate use of sanctions doesn't have some consequences for your alliance.

I'm in agreement with Sponge here. I have a hard time accepting the idea of bricks, who I've known forever, to be a rogue senator. However, this situation isn't very encouraging. Some type of conference appears to be a good idea.

Yes, I've already acquired one secret trade in that way. I'll switch to no team now so that you can send your trade. The League thanks you for your support.

RV, if you need fur and uranium, let me know and I'd be willing to cancel on someone for you.

I had a lot of sympathy for you until I read the OP here.

Sparta overreacted, but then again, it's not like your OP here was an overreaction or anything.

Simply because Sparta was wrong for sanctioning you doesn't vindicate this stupid thread.

It was RV being RV, he was having some fun with the fact that he got attacked, I am sure he was ready and fully expecting to get counter attacked but I do not think anyone expected Sparta to escalate it to this.

Uninvolved my $@!. You made it about every member of your alliance the moment it became about your alliance war with NPO. The sanction was a total crock. You made it about the uninvolved nations trading with RV. Now you try to justify saying he attacked you? You have a much bigger war in your hands, one in which you are trying to overthrow a regime with tactics that are mild compared to what you are doing with a single nation. I'm no longer looking so forward to the change.

Wow, look at that. I guess that's how people forget what it used to be like because they now have someone new to not like. You're right, we should have just used NPO's old tactics and put him on PZI or EZI. How quickly people forget.

If RV gets off the Blue team, can his friends give him secret trades, then have him go back on the Blue team - with trades - until he gets the sanction removed? Cause I just tried trading with him and it won't let me, not even secretly.

That's cuz ur doin it rong! :v:

trades.jpg

Wow, look at that. I guess that's how people forget what it used to be like because they now have someone new to not like. You're right, we should have just used NPO's old tactics and put him on PZI or EZI. How quickly people forget.

The day's still early. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if I was placed on PZI for giving Sparta some bad PR. You never know. I do hear you guys are a sensitive bunch over there.

Also, I see what you're doing there. You're reminding everyone of how merciful you're being by not PZIing or EZIing me for this, and just sanctioning me. Like a six month war or so. At least it's not eternal, right? Yes, another classic NPO tactic you're utilizing, Sparta. Telling everyone how much worse it could be had you not held back your mighty hand. Keep it up Sparta, you have potential.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

It was RV being RV, he was having some fun with the fact that he got attacked, I am sure he was ready and fully expecting to get counter attacked but I do not think anyone expected Sparta to escalate it to this.

I am sure he didn't make this thread with the intention of criticizing however Sparta reacted to his attack on a random other member of Sparta. That wouldn't be like RV at all...

The entire war wasn't just about PZI/EZI as those were not the only dirty tricks used by Pacifica to keep the people they didn't like under their heels. Have you forgotten what happened when people like Vox Populi and New Reverie made honest runs in the Red Senate?

I am sure he didn't make this thread with the intention of criticizing however Sparta reacted to his attack on a random other member of Sparta. That wouldn't be like RV at all...

Just because this thread is a joke doesn't make sanctioning him justified.

The day's still early. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if I was placed on PZI for giving Sparta some bad PR. You never know. I do hear you guys are a sensitive bunch over there.

It's true, you made us cry a bit when you demanded your tough but fair terms :(