Ragnarok Announcement

I apologize for calling you out on this, Lee. Although I want you to know that I did not intentionally smear you. Thanks LM for clearing up how that rumor got started.

Also, how did this get to 7 pages? Lol.

-Bama

Edit: 8. XD

Thank you Bama. Apology accepted.

Really guys, they apologized, and I'd like to see RoK accept it so both alliances can move on.

Sounds good to me. ;)

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of respect for TOP, IRON, and ROK, I will say that I am the one that originally had this information. I was under false pretenses and had a miscommunication of sorts. I hearby take all blame, and responsibility for this error. RoK has never officially asked for 9B/100k and the mistake in information is mine. If you have qualms, issues, or anything of the sort feel free to query me or contact me and I hope we can rectify this to the best of my ability.

LiquidMercury

Good show LM.

We :wub: you man

so someone admitted to being the source of this, does this mean IRON doesnt have any more terms?

GO WAY MOGAR. Does it say anywhere that if the source is found they will wave reps? Maybe read the thread before u start rambling.

10 pages for something that easily could have ended on page 1? We all are truly well and bored.

Lee, you've always had a penchant for speaking your mind, good on you for that. It takes a certain measure of courage to do what you did. Also, good on LM and Bama for owning up to what happened and apologizing. Glad this could all get resolved, and we can now move on to other drama.

....That is exactly my point. People were defending the idea these alliances were spreading rumors with malicious intent, when in fact they merely spoke about initial reps they heard from a trustworthy alliance official. There is one side stating "people are doing this to get us" and another side saying "No...We're not out to get anyone, we just heard these reps existed" and it spread. There is a miscommunication within this thread in itself, or others are just ignoring others' posts.

or, you know, certain alliances were calling RoK out for even taking reps in the first place :rolleyes:

The information I received about the reps initially came from LM. The size of the reps alongside the nature of those peace discussions got me frustrated and angry over how IRON was being treated. My emotions boiled over onto the OWF, however, I don't believe my post were even in the slight bit disrespectful. I was going off the information provided by a trust worthy friend and ally but I will nevertheless stick to my word. I said that you asked for 9bil/100k tech during negotiations and that if I was wrong I would apologize. I'm a man of my word.

Gen Lee, I apologize for falsely accusing you of demanding such high reparations. It has been proven that you did no such things and my accusations were uncalled for. I am sorry.

While I have no problems with admitting that I was wrong I do take issue with you stating that I and my brothers were smearing your alliance. To my knowledge the only other Paradoxian in that thread or even discussing the reps was Coursca. Between the two of us we only had a handful of post on the subject. After those post we completely dropped the entire issue and have not brought it up since then (that was a week ago, iirc?). There was no plan to smear your alliance. We were just frustrated with the entire situation regarding IRON's peace talks.

The information I received about the reps initially came from LM. The size of the reps alongside the nature of those peace discussions got me frustrated and angry over how IRON was being treated. My emotions boiled over onto the OWF, however, I don't believe my post were even in the slight bit disrespectful. I was going off the information provided by a trust worthy friend and ally but I will nevertheless stick to my word. I said that you asked for 9bil/100k tech during negotiations and that if I was wrong I would apologize. I'm a man of my word.

Gen Lee, I apologize for falsely accusing you of demanding such high reparations. It has been proven that you did no such things and my accusations were uncalled for. I am sorry.

While I have no problems with admitting that I was wrong I do take issue with you stating that I and my brothers were smearing your alliance. To my knowledge the only other Paradoxian in that thread or even discussing the reps was Coursca. Between the two of us we only had a handful of post on the subject. After those post we completely dropped the entire issue and have not brought it up since then (that was a week ago, iirc?). There was no plan to smear your alliance. We were just frustrated with the entire situation regarding IRON's peace talks.

o/ Feanor and TOP

people need to just understand they were defending friends.... that should be respected.

do you not understand the concept of negotiations or are you really trying hard to push an agenda?

Not sure what you mean by this. Can you elaborate with less ambiguous hostility?

If you want to sling mud though maybe we can start talking about secret peace agreements made behind other peoples backs.

Please refer to my track record and how often I don't back up what I say if you would like to push me.

Go ahead, I'd like to see evidence of your claims.

Thank you. I understand man. I'm not going to debate the definition of smear, lol, that was page 3. It can be replaced with passing distasteful rumors. I was only referring to you and coursca, because of your character what you say is taken as fact hence my desire to publicly bring this to rest. I do not think you were on a smear campaign the OP could have been worded better, my apologies for that. ;)

Thank you. I understand man. I'm not going to debate the definition of smear, lol, that was page 3. It can be replaced with passing distasteful rumors. I was only referring to you and coursca, because of your character what you say is taken as fact hence my desire to publicly bring this to rest. I do not think you were on a smear campaign the OP could have been worded better, my apologies for that. ;)

Completely understood.

Thank you for the clarification on the smearing part. :)

I think it was great of Gen Lee to step up to the plate this way. Not many would be wiling to do so.

What were the initial reps anyway? There's been so many different numbers thrown around I stopped paying attention to them like a week before IRON even surrenderd.

Ahem! Some of us are still fighting the current war.

Please hold off your posturing, line drawing, saber rattling, and all that other fun stuff until we can close this one out, eh?

If MK wants to be free to join in on all this posturing, line drawing, saber rattling, and fun stuff, I can probably arrange semi white peace on our front....all I want is MagicalTrevors spleen, on a stick. :P

If MK wants to be free to join in on all this posturing, line drawing, saber rattling, and fun stuff, I can probably arrange semi white peace on our front....all I want is MagicalTrevors spleen, on a stick. :P

Get in line. Everyone wants MT's spleen.

At last count, you are 265th inline.

It seems pretty clear. Either you don't understand how negotiations work (start high, then negotiate) or you really are still trying to smear RoK.

When it comes to negotiations, there is no 'set' way as you have suggested. While many ascribe to the method outlined above, there are many successful negotiators who don't bother which such a tired approach.

And to suggest that it's an either/or situation - i.e. Either he agrees with your definition of 'negotiation' or he must be 'smearing RoK' is a cheap frame to hang upon a situation which may have many, many possible intents and agendas (For instance, trying to help a friend being one of the suggested ones, and a worthy agenda at that if you believe TOP (which I do in this situation, having spoken to many of them and knowing how they feel about IRON).

Such a tactic would not appear worthy of someone of your esteemed reputation, in my humble opinion.

Regards,

VI