Ragnarok Announcement

One or two, supposedly on behalf of all. doesn't really matter now though. Peace is sorted out.

That "On behalf of all" is the issue since the ones that brought it to you assumed they had the authority to speak for others without even consulting them first.

Sure, but I find the discussion a bit pointless considering it never proceeded to fruition.

Only because the alliances they tried to screw over stood up for themselves and didn't fold to the strong arm tactics used once they found out and objected.

Edited by KingSrqt

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were indeed informed that whitepeace would be the go, from all involved on our front when we wished to surrender. One might say we were a tad surprised when peacetalks were actually started.

Not even close.

One or two, supposedly on behalf of all. doesn't really matter now though. Peace is sorted out.

Well, I'm sure those others on the front and now others whom have learned of this plotting behind behind a war partner's back will most certainly take that into account when taking into account future relations with gramlins.

However it really shouldn't matter much to IRON and I wish them luck in rebuilding as they've been through enough. I'm looking forward to IRON being as independent as it used to be instead of following the bigger power at the time.

Only because the alliances they tried to screw over stood up for themselves and didn't fold to the strong arm tactics used once they found out and objected.

I'll also note that it was by no mistake that the deal with IRON was made without informing FARK and RoK beforehand. Had someone told us that it was expected that IRON get peace quickly, and without terms, they never would've secured our support. Never.

To add to that, it was made quite clear to us after the fact by Chill that it was a precondition for "TOP not backing IRON" against Karma that IRON have white peace guaranteed to it, and that it was understood by them they couldn't tell us this before we got stuck in on IRON.

Classy, guys. Really classy.

Xiphosis, I agree with your post, but i disagree with the avatar change.

He'll change the avy again in a few days probably :v:

Edited by Aurion

The underlying tone of my post (the resignation) along with what Bob queried you about should tell you a bit more than that.

Ie, it might not have been sanctioned completely by Grä government or their were obviously some misconceptions as to what was really going on.

Edit: Also agree with Mykep on the Avatar.

Edited by Dr. Dan

The underlying tone of my post (the resignation) along with what Bob queried you about should tell you a bit more than that.

Ie, it might not have been sanctioned completely by Grä government or their were obviously some misconceptions as to what was really going on.

So your point is that we shouldn't see the actions of the democratically elected Head of Foreign Affairs who is in the top 3 of Gre gov as sanctioned by Gre gov or Gremlins as a whole (I have no way to make umlats on my notebook so sorry for the name butchering).

I queried bob and while he didnt seem to like it he also didnt seem to want to do anything to change it.

While srqt covered the other point quite well, I wonder what kind of misconceptions you think would justify what they did?

Considering both WC and King Squirtle are hitting all the points, I'll just sit and watch, maybe eat a baked potato.

He'll change the avy again in a few days probably :v:

So long as he changes it back...maybe a zoom out would be good too.

I'll also note that it was by no mistake that the deal with IRON was made without informing FARK and RoK beforehand. Had someone told us that it was expected that IRON get peace quickly, and without terms, they never would've secured our support. Never.

To add to that, it was made quite clear to us after the fact by Chill that it was a precondition for "TOP not backing IRON" against Karma that IRON have white peace guaranteed to it, and that it was understood by them they couldn't tell us this before we got stuck in on IRON.

Classy, guys. Really classy.

not to sound like a jerk, but it's been obvious Citadel wants to woo IRON since this war started, listen to the Karma rap for gods sake.

Liquid Mercury and a few others have apologized and accepted responsibility at every turn in this thread. They can do nothing else. What is the aim of the continued rehashing of this situation?

Despite the occasional missteps and mistakes, the anti-Hegemony forces have been wildly successful in accomplishing something that was thought virtually impossible a relatively short time ago. Karma should be lighting a cigar and pouring a nice single malt. Instead, we continue to bicker about past events that can only be apologized for - not undone.

So your point is that we shouldn't see the actions of the democratically elected Head of Foreign Affairs who is in the top 3 of Gre gov as sanctioned by Gre gov or Gremlins as a whole (I have no way to make umlats on my notebook so sorry for the name butchering).

You don't have an alt key and number pad on your notebook? I've never had one. :blush:

In any case, that is precisely the point I'm making, keeping in mind his resignation and general unaware stance. However, I think Chill could answer it better if he cares enough to visit here or other Grämlins officials.

As for the second point, it's clear that they didn't push this secret deal after Chill resigned.

Edit: I'm out.

As to Mogar: If that were true, Grämlins would not have entered. TOP is already allied to IRON and has no need to woo them.

Edited by Dr. Dan

not to sound like a jerk, but it's been obvious Citadel wants to woo IRON since this war started, listen to the Karma rap for gods sake.

Whatever the case may be, there's different ways to go about this than screwing over your allies in the process.

Liquid Mercury and a few others have apologized and accepted responsibility at every turn in this thread. They can do nothing else. What is the aim of the continued rehashing of this situation?

Despite the occasional missteps and mistakes, the anti-Hegemony forces have been wildly successful in accomplishing something that was thought virtually impossible a relatively short time ago. Karma should be lighting a cigar and pouring a nice single malt. Instead, we continue to bicker about past events that can only be apologized for - not undone.

Agreed, but you know how people love to argue and create 'drama' where none exists here.

it's very :wacko: at times

Whatever the case may be, there's different ways to go about this than screwing over your allies in the process.

like you guys had any intentions of remaining allies after this war is over.

As to Mogar: If that were true, Grämlins would not have entered. TOP is already allied to IRON and has no need to woo them.

some of my best friends were made on the battlefield, and technically as an OTP, shouldn't Grämlins have not attacked IRON anyway?

Edited by Mogar

What's been discussed and resolved in the OP is actually a bit different than the argument that's taken place over the last few pages. Just because there's been a victory doesn't mean that all the forces under the huge banner of karma will have come out loving each other and some of the frustration from working together as well as the distrust is being put out right here.

like you guys had any intentions of remaining allies after this war is over.

I don't think Fark had any intentions on canceling their long standing MDoAP with Gramlins, do you know something I don't about that?