Ragnarok Announcement

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RoKLogo.png

Ragnarok Announcement

If I am wrong, I will apologize and waive all of IRON's reps immediately.

Out of respect for TOP, IRON, and ROK, I will say that I am the one that originally had this information. I was under false pretenses and had a miscommunication of sorts. I hearby take all blame, and responsibility for this error. RoK has never officially asked for 9B/100k and the mistake in information is mine. If you have qualms, issues, or anything of the sort feel free to query me or contact me and I hope we can rectify this to the best of my ability.

LiquidMercury

So... IRON's reps are waived?

o/ LM

o/ Gramlins

So... IRON's reps are waived?

o/ LM

o/ Gramlins

Did you read the OP or did you just decide to quote him? He said if anyone provides evidence pertaining to Rok demanding the outlandish reps that were previously thought to have been asked for he would waive IRON's current reps. Such as it is, LM (as you quoted) said no such evidence existed and that he was the one who started the rumor.

No offense to you guys, but having played this game myself; I trust my sources of information on this one. It may have not been as high as 100k, but I know it wasn't 20k either :P.

No offense to you guys, but having played this game myself; I trust my sources of information on this one. It may have not been as high as 100k, but I know it wasn't 20k either .

Noone said it was.

Initial Figure: $3 bill/50k tech

The Counter: $500mil/20k tech

Final number according to the treaty: $1.5 bill/30k tech

Edited by mykep

Not sure what you mean by this. Can you elaborate with less ambiguous hostility?

I mean that you always go to the table with a high offer in negotiations with expectations of being negotiated down so trying to flaunt RoK's original figure (which was about 2x the agreed reps) doesn't really prove anything and teh only thing it would accomplish is pushing an agenda to try and smear RoK with bad PR.

Go ahead, I'd like to see evidence of your claims.

I always have evidence.

Your citadel allies in Gramlins decided to tell IRON that they would receive peace after 2 weeks of war and that said peace would be a white peace. they did this without bothering to even ask anyone if they thought it was OK. (sounds real classy and honorable to me right?)

Here are some logs of me confronting Gramlins gov about it (Bobjanova who showed that even he thought what they did was bad)

I have more logs and if you really want me to dig through them to find more I will but this will do for now.

Important note on these logs Chill was praetor of gre at the time of this conversation.

Session Start: Fri Apr 24 10:28:01 2009

Session Ident: BobJanova{away}

01[10:28] <away_srqt[ria]> you there?

[10:31] <BobJanova{away}> Yeah

01[10:31] <away_srqt[ria]> cool

01[10:31] <away_srqt[ria]> so whats up with cutting a deal with IRON and not talking to RoK or FARK about it first?

[10:32] <BobJanova{away}> Talk to Chill

[10:32] <BobJanova{away}> >.>

01[10:32] <away_srqt[ria]> :v

01[10:32] <away_srqt[ria]> I like you better <_<

[10:32] <BobJanova{away}> I assumed he'd talked to Fark about it tbh

01[10:33] <away_srqt[ria]> nope they didn't find out till after the fact

01[10:33] <away_srqt[ria]> RoK is slightly less than ahppy about it

[10:33] <BobJanova{away}> What we did is we agreed on the plan in the afternoon (euro time) yesterday, I assumed that Chill would check it out with at least Fark before going to Iron

[10:34] <BobJanova{away}> RoK we didn't know would be the target so i can understand how he didn't talk to them

01[10:34] <away_srqt[ria]> yeah but if he talked to at least FRAK RoK would have known and it wouldnt be an issue

01[10:35] <away_srqt[ria]> if one SF alliance knows we all do is pretty much how we work

[10:35] <BobJanova{away}> asdf

06[10:35] * BobJanova{away} resigns and goes to kronos

[10:35] <BobJanova{away}> <.<

01[10:35] <away_srqt[ria]> XD

[10:35] <BobJanova{away}> we really $%&@ed this up last night

[10:35] <BobJanova{away}> and i can never be on around update to get it right -.-

01[10:36] <away_srqt[ria]> I understand teh need to keep TOP out but now RoK is fighting on 3 fronts and their biggest opponent already has a white peace in two weeks

[10:38] <BobJanova{away}> <Chill> tell him basically we are trying to get IRON out of the war as quickly as possible

[10:39] <BobJanova{away}> [15:38] <Chill> so our side is assure vicotry

[10:39] <BobJanova{away}> bah this is all so !@#$

Completely understood.

Thank you for the clarification on the smearing part. :)

So it seems the figureheads have come to an agreement and it can be laid to rest, hopefully without hard feelings.

Did you read the OP or did you just decide to quote him? He said if anyone provides evidence pertaining to Rok demanding the outlandish reps that were previously thought to have been asked for he would waive IRON's current reps. Such as it is, LM (as you quoted) said no such evidence existed and that he was the one who started the rumor.

Sorry im illiterate on weekend nights.

I can relate. I sure know that the alcohol consumption makes me illiterate on weekends :lol1:

It's Friday night and the drunks come out, The only thing this thread is missing is Tulak stoping bye, hey Spades love your new title and avatar.. I see we do have something in common :P

Edited by Freelancer

It's Friday night and the drunks come out, The only thing this thread is missing is Tulak stoping bye, hey Spades love your new title and avatar.. I see we do have something in common :P

Too true. I find that my interest in CN/nation's activity spurts substantially after a few.

As for the topic; the reps aren't really that surprising or harsh. The only real shocker here is that these substantial numbers weren't repeated with other alliances that recieved white peace before IRON.

[OOC]Thanks much. It was inspired by something I found out, that I have in common with my gf after watching a movie. Talk about irony. At least now we know what the true cornerstone of world unity will be :P[/OOC]

I mean that you always go to the table with a high offer in negotiations with expectations of being negotiated down

Is that really the only way negotiations are carried out on PB? :unsure:

Edit:

Your citadel allies in Gramlins decided to tell IRON that they would receive peace after 2 weeks of war and that said peace would be a white peace. they did this without bothering to even ask anyone if they thought it was OK. (sounds real classy and honorable to me right?)

I'm sure that if our friends had really wanted to go to a white peace with IRON after two weeks of war, they would have done so. Is there some sort of requirement on their part to consult with Ragnarok on these sort of matters?

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

Negotiations being the operative word, presumably.... I would say that it would be fairly common, yes.

Edit: Punctuation.

Edited by Aurion

It is the most basic negotiation strategy on this or any planet.

Hmm, it's one way of negotiating, sure. It's certainly not the only way as per what you're implying above by stating that one must always proceed in such a fashion, or so I would've thought? :unsure:

Edit: Spelling correction :wacko:

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

I'm sure that if our friends had really wanted to go to a white peace with IRON after two weeks of war, they would have done so. Is there some sort of requirement on their part to consult with Ragnarok on these sort of matters?

Yes there is. :rolleyes:

Edit:

If not RoK i would think their treaty partners in Fark should have been notifyed don't you? Or do you think it is good practice to negotiate peace behind the back of the allies whose treaty you used to enter the war?

Hmm, it's one way of negotiating, sure. It's certainly not the only way as per what you're implying above by stating that one must always proceed in such a fashion, or so I would've thought? :unsure:

Edit: Spelling correction :wacko:

It is the correct way to negotiate if you actually have intentions of negotiating. Otherwise you are making demands.

Edited by KingSrqt

When you're telling IRON that everyone will give them white peace after two weeks of war, and one of those everyones is Rok, then yes, you really kind of do.

And even if it was only an individual white peace between Gremlins and IRON, peacing out of your front of a war without telling anyone else fighting on it is good conduct how?

I mean that you always go to the table with a high offer in negotiations with expectations of being negotiated down so trying to flaunt RoK's original figure (which was about 2x the agreed reps) doesn't really prove anything and teh only thing it would accomplish is pushing an agenda to try and smear RoK with bad PR.

I always have evidence.

Here are some logs of me confronting Gramlins gov about it (Bobjanova who showed that even he thought what they did was bad)

I have more logs and if you really want me to dig through them to find more I will but this will do for now.

Important note on these logs Chill was praetor of gre at the time of this conversation.

Session Start: Fri Apr 24 10:28:01 2009

Session Ident: BobJanova{away}

01[10:28] <away_srqt[ria]> you there?

[10:31] <BobJanova{away}> Yeah

01[10:31] <away_srqt[ria]> cool

01[10:31] <away_srqt[ria]> so whats up with cutting a deal with IRON and not talking to RoK or FARK about it first?

[10:32] <BobJanova{away}> Talk to Chill

[10:32] <BobJanova{away}> >.>

01[10:32] <away_srqt[ria]> :v

01[10:32] <away_srqt[ria]> I like you better <_<

[10:32] <BobJanova{away}> I assumed he'd talked to Fark about it tbh

01[10:33] <away_srqt[ria]> nope they didn't find out till after the fact

01[10:33] <away_srqt[ria]> RoK is slightly less than ahppy about it

[10:33] <BobJanova{away}> What we did is we agreed on the plan in the afternoon (euro time) yesterday, I assumed that Chill would check it out with at least Fark before going to Iron

[10:34] <BobJanova{away}> RoK we didn't know would be the target so i can understand how he didn't talk to them

01[10:34] <away_srqt[ria]> yeah but if he talked to at least FRAK RoK would have known and it wouldnt be an issue

01[10:35] <away_srqt[ria]> if one SF alliance knows we all do is pretty much how we work

[10:35] <BobJanova{away}> asdf

06[10:35] * BobJanova{away} resigns and goes to kronos

[10:35] <BobJanova{away}> <.<

01[10:35] <away_srqt[ria]> XD

[10:35] <BobJanova{away}> we really $%&@ed this up last night

[10:35] <BobJanova{away}> and i can never be on around update to get it right -.-

01[10:36] <away_srqt[ria]> I understand teh need to keep TOP out but now RoK is fighting on 3 fronts and their biggest opponent already has a white peace in two weeks

[10:38] <BobJanova{away}> <Chill> tell him basically we are trying to get IRON out of the war as quickly as possible

[10:39] <BobJanova{away}> [15:38] <Chill> so our side is assure vicotry

[10:39] <BobJanova{away}> bah this is all so !@#$

faked logs are faked. Come back when you have real evidence [/sarcasm]

Also, lol at least you aren't doing this to NPO, they have ZI'd entire alliances for years over this (read: FAN negotiating peace with NAAC in GW3)