Betrayal and Manipulation

So the timestamp on mhawk's convo with ironchef when he found out will clear this whole mess up.

More than likely GGA is at fault here though, and NPO couldn't have handled this situation any better.

Insofar as I can tell, no one is really at fault. Kinda rare for these situations, but this is like the telephone game you play in preschool where messages get confused and twisted as they pass from person to person. Everyone could have likely handled it better.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ironchef told mhawk AFTER Moo had told ALL of GGA gov that we were going to be attacked by Athens.

My understanding of the timeline of events is that Moo originated the information, and it quickly spread only to be returned back to him. So yes, Mhawk told Moo, but only after Moo had told the GGA government. I hope that Mhawks post will clarify the matter, along with ironchef's post she has already made.

That's kind of impossible, considering Moo heard it from mhawk before he told you guys, which mhawk confirmed.

Unless you're saying mhawk and Moo are both lying?

And here I had some hope in you.

Insofar as I can tell, no one is really at fault. Kinda rare for these situations, but this is like the telephone game you play in preschool where messages get confused and twisted as they pass from person to person. Everyone could have likely handled it better.

I would disagree with the assessment that nobody is at fault. One of the three...Moo, Mhawk, or Ironchef is the originator of the "Athens is going to roll you" bit....All 3 say they heard it 1st from one of the other 3....they cant all be telling the truth. Hence, someone is lying. And one only lies, when one has something to save by lying.

tl;dr - Moo interpreted the GGA peace terms as meaning that the government change would invoke a DoW from Athens.

Or, he just wanted it to seem that Athens would use that as a CB to attack GGA, to try to get another front opened up on Athens by scaring GGA into declaring.

Why is it that you think IC posting the same logs that are in the OP changed anything or proved any of your points?

This thread calls for 3 vicodin, 2 glasses of scotch, a joint and 2 reds. Then I'm going to go back to the begining and try to make sense of it.

All you are going to end up with by doing such is 6 vicodin, 4 glasses of scotch, two joints and four reds.

That's kind of impossible, considering Moo heard it from mhawk before he told you guys, which mhawk confirmed.

Unless you're saying mhawk and Moo are both lying?

And here I had some hope in you.

WC, the only way GGA could be right would be if Mhawk in fact told Moo about it after Moo had told GGA, and Moo pretended to Mhawk that it was news to him. As I don't see what Moo could gain by lying to Mhawk, I think you're probably right. But let's wait for Mhawk's timestamps.

-Bama

ironchef told mhawk AFTER Moo had told ALL of GGA gov that we were going to be attacked by Athens.

My understanding of the timeline of events is that Moo originated the information, and it quickly spread only to be returned back to him. So yes, Mhawk told Moo, but only after Moo had told the GGA government. I hope that Mhawks post will clarify the matter, along with ironchef's post she has already made.

Something still doesn't add up. Moo got it from Mhawk. That isn't possible if Mhawk got it from GGA after Moo told GGA.

WC, the only way GGA could be right would be if Mhawk in fact told Moo about it after Moo had told GGA, and Moo pretended to Mhawk that it was news to him. As I don't see what Moo could gain by lying to Mhawk, I think you're probably right. But let's wait for Mhawk's timestamps.

-Bama

Yeah at this point I'm at a loss of words for GGA right now :mellow:

oh and for the record I have seen logs and according to the time stamps Moo told GGA after Ironchef told Mhawk.

Did you check time zones? That's the only thing I can think of. If that adds up, GGA must be lying or VERY confused.

-Bama

Here's how things look to me:

1) Moo says something to IronChef about them breaking terms, but IronChef says it's cool

2) IronChef talks to mhawk about it, he thinks she's saying Athens is going to attack

3) mhawk tells Moo Athens is going to attack

4) Moo, thinking this is entirely independent information, tells GGA

5) GGA talks to Athens

All a bunch of confusion, with a hilarious result, but no scheming, plotting or anything of the sort. A hilarious communication error that happened to be with people high enough up for it to actually matter.

Edited by FlakAttack

All you are going to end up with by doing such is 6 vicodin, 4 glasses of scotch, two joints and four reds.

That's a great idea. I wish I would have begun sooner. I'd be totally pasted by now and completely unawares of this thread.

oh and for the record I have seen logs and according to the time stamps Moo told GGA after Ironchef told Mhawk.

Well, case closed then?

Except that Ironchef's logs clearly state that Athens had no problem with GGA's action, at least in the perception of GGA government, and this has been confirmed by Athens.

Edited by Sileath

I think the most hilarious part of all this is just how incredibly snowed over Londo was.

By the GGA of all people. :lol1:

1) Moo says something to IronChef about them breaking terms, but IronChef says it's cool

2) IronChef talks to mhawk about it, he thinks she's saying Athens is going to attack

4) Moo tells GGA

5) GGA talks to Athens

All a bunch of confusion, with a hilarious result, but no scheming, plotting or anything of the sort. A hilarious communication error that happened to be with people high enough up for it to actually matter.

This is actually plausible. And probably the ONLY scenario where nobody is lying.

Did you check time zones? That's the only thing I can think of. If that adds up, GGA must be lying or VERY confused.

-Bama

I didn't but judging by the proximity of time of the logs I have seen I would be very surprised if it was different timezones.

I didn't but judging by the proximity of time of the logs I have seen I would be very surprised if it was different timezones.

Okay, makes sense. So either FlakAttack is right or Ironchef is lying.

-Bama

Seems like the same M.O. in every thread. GGA posts. Hilarity ensues. After reading through this thread, I'm saddened over our treaty cancelation with them. I would like to be around for more of these fun rides in the future.

I would disagree with the assessment that nobody is at fault. One of the three...Moo, Mhawk, or Ironchef is the originator of the "Athens is going to roll you" bit....All 3 say they heard it 1st from one of the other 3....they cant all be telling the truth. Hence, someone is lying. And one only lies, when one has something to save by lying.

Overreacted more likely.

5) GGA talks to Athens

That is definitely a possible scenario.

The crime here then would be acting on bad intelligence.

5) GGA talks to Athens

:ph34r:

The only problem is that mhawk told me about Athens and the breaking of the terms, which I then relayed to GGA. I had no knowledge before that conversation.

Besides, if GGA already knew it, why did they need to talk with Athens?

Well, case closed then?

Except that Ironchef's logs clearly state that Athens had no problem with GGA's action, at least in the perception of GGA government, and this has been confirmed by Athens.

Then clearly, CLEARLY ironchef saw an opportunity to try and provide a flimsy excuse for the GGA to back out away from the NPO and look good in the process?

Or rather, just plain make the NPO look bad?

Either way, the entire scenario the OP suggests is too suspicous and specious to be taken seriously.

The crime here then would be acting on bad intelligence.

Who was acting? Was Moo going to DoW Athens for plotting against his ally?

Oh wait.

No, he passed along a tip to GGA, who were in the best possible position to check whether it was true or not.

:ph34r:

The only problem is that mhawk told me about Athens and the breaking of the terms, which I then relayed to GGA. I had no knowledge before that conversation.

Besides, if GGA already knew it, why did they need to talk with Athens?

dude. didn't gga contact you before all of this to settle it before coming to the public? i am drunk and still know the formalities, quite simple really mate.