Congrats to NPO

Leonid Tolstoy

Thank you for your concern. Perhaps you hadn't noticed, but I've so far fought 3 NPO nations, after having fought one of NPO's allies just to get to the main fight. No smoking ruins, yet.

Grab yourself a good dictionary. Find hypocrite, and see what it really means. My actions have NOT been hypocritical, as already pointed out in this thread. It is NPO that is hypocritical, for having made taunts and threats in the past against alliances that used a valid strategy to preserve THEIR fighting strength, but does the same thing NOW when they are at the sharp end of the stick.

Think before you post. The unthinking people who accuse ME of hypocrisy are the very people who DO NEED this thread.

From webster's

hyp⋅o⋅crite  /ˈhɪpəkrɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hip-uh-krit] Show IPA

–noun 1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets ridicule everyone that uses the game mechanics to his advantage.

There's a line between rediculing everyone that uses the game mechanics to their advantage, and ridiculing someone who constantly insulted others for doing the same thing that they're doing now. I have no problem with peacemode, but I'm taking screenshots of this for the next time they comment on someone elses peacemode. This is the KARMA war, afterall. ;)

Edited by JayOvfEnnay

I see no problem with calling out someone on their hypocrisy. If NPO had never made a big deal about peace mode nations then I'd agree, but calling them hypocrites is not the same thing as being "the same old !@#$ with a new dish".

If NPO had like 80% of its nations in PM it would be a hypocritical act. However its only 31.6% (at the time of typing).

PM-Nations are needed to rebuild/aid to rebuild/ stretch a war.

The only funny part in this is that the Top 45 of NPO are currently in Peace. On a side note: those are the regions to gain at least a good amount of cash.

Though I encourage all NPO Peace Moders to get out and participate in the fun. I heard you guys are getting some insane figures to deal with if you dont<--- Those figures are truly not my idea.

I've lost almost every war I've fought in, and fought on a side opposing NPO 4 times, in Great Wars and the Unjust War, and then again about 3 months ago, you're getting NPO's destruction which is something I am satisfied with, but rubbing it in their faces is not respectful to the numerous nations in the alliance that had nothing to do with shaping the policy of NPO that put them in their situation.

Your argument is fatally flawed. When you join an alliance you are supporting that alliance. If the leadership changes into a bunch of asshats then you should leave. By remaining you are complicit in their actions. NPO have treated many of their own members like dirt in this war and have strung out allies like TPF badly. Historical reminders are always helpful to those who haven't been playing this game for years and don't spend every waking hour on the forums.

Respect is earned. I think that is another reminder people often find themselves in need of.

EDIT: Just to play devil's advocate a bit more as I am sure Mogar will leave no challenge unanswered: Can peace mode really be considered a tactic when it does not appear that the alliance in question has any plans of accepting terms? Leaving nations in peace mode to help rebuild does indeed make a lot of sense but not so much if you never plan to accept peace. And saving more nations to attack later? Does that make sense tactically in this context? They are facing overwhelming odds and they must know that trickling in in this context if anything guarantees their long-term loss.

Edited by Drostan

There's a line between rediculing everyone that uses the game mechanics to their advantage, and ridiculing someone who constantly insulted others for doing the same thing that they're doing now. I have no problem with peacemode, but I'm taking screenshots of this for the next time they comment on someone elses peacemode. This is the KARMA war, afterall. ;)

Precisely what I was going to respond with.

I think NPO just might be the next FAN :/

They don't have the balls.

And even if they did, they would have to do so many of the things that they ranted and scolded and accused and destroyed other alliances for, that they would create an entirely new realm of hypocrisy.

Lets ridicule everyone that uses the game mechanics to his advantage.

Sorry my brother, but when they ridiculed nations for doing it, it was PERFECTLY acceptable and called 'merciful'. They wish to taunt those in peace mode, their enemies will do it to them now. They should follow their principles or admit they were wrong. Can't have both in one.

It's the vaunted hippy shield, of course.

You mean the one that cant possibly protect them?

Also its getting to a point where most of their top 120 are in peace mode actually. All of page 1 is PM, just about all of page 2 is PM and a good chunk of page 3 is PM.

(note i sort in 40's)

Seeing NPO's toughness until now evaporate into pages of nothing but peace mode nations is truely laughable. NPO's hypocracy arrogance has truly backfired. We are seeing the demise of the worst alliance Bob has ever seen.

Although I am a bystander, I would love to see their nations forced out of peace mode as a prerequisite to peace. As to this thread, I believe it quite necessary to call attention to NPO's constant double-standards.

You mean the one that cant possibly protect them?

Also its getting to a point where most of their top 120 are in peace mode actually. All of page 1 is PM, just about all of page 2 is PM and a good chunk of page 3 is PM.

(note i sort in 40's)

It is fair to point out that some of those who are in peace mode now, were on the front lines and actively defended their alliance. I haven't actually kept statistics or anything, but there are a number of fighters who have earned my respect. It is reasonable that those hit in the first days have gone into PM, to recover. Many of our own people have done precisely that, under orders from alliance leadership.

While it is difficult, if not impossible, to punish each nation according to their level of culpability - I CANNOT condemn all NPO members, equally.

Mayor Tim is an example of an honorable player - the really big boys tore him some new orifices, and handed him down to the not-so big boys, and when those wars started expiring, I jumped on him, then passed him down again. The guy took a LOT of punishment, he fought valiantly for what he believed in, and finally escaped into peace mode. He deserves respect, and he deserves some respite. Check him out: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=153521 He can tell his story better than I can - ask him.

I was expecting something better.

Yes Pacifica is in peacemode. Yes they were pricks to force people out of peace mode and all. Can we move on now? There has to be something better (or worse depending on your perspective) that you can ridicule Pacifica for. This one has been played out since the first wek. We all know already. Yes, everyone knows it's hypocrisy. Good for you for pointing it out for the 323 time.

It's not so much that they're chicken turds, it is a valid strategy to keep nations in peace mode, both for future attacks and for future rebuilding.

But how many rounds of war expirations will we have to wait to see these future attacks?

269 out of the acknowledged 811 members are in peace mode. Some are most likely banks, but certainly not all.

Some could even be ghosting the AA, given the NS of some of those in peace...

The majority are chickening out. Unfortunate.... I was hoping for some fun.

My mind is still boggled by the rapid transition from the CN community as a whole publicly praising everything NPO does to every thread turning into a series of insults hurled at everything NPO stands for and does no matter what. It kinda creeps me out a little. Is that just me?

Not that it even matters. It's not my alliance!

My mind is still boggled by the rapid transition from the CN community as a whole publicly praising everything NPO does to every thread turning into a series of insults hurled at everything NPO stands for and does no matter what. It kinda creeps me out a little. Is that just me?

Not that it even matters. It's not my alliance!

Maybe people see how many people are fighting NPO and are no longer afraid of deviating from sycophancy them?

Apparently sitting in peace mode is perfectly fine when its a strategic move by the NPO. However if you ask me any alliance that puts some of their nations into peace mode, is a strategic move in the first place.

Wait... and we're destroying NPO because they're bullies? What a hypocrite. What a !@#$%*.

EDIT: Hahaha, you're dissing them because they're trying to have something left once the war is over? I hope you start an alliance and go to war with an alliance I'll be in, because you clearly have no idea of what to do in war. With the amount of thought you put into this topic, it should only last a few seconds and you'll be a smoking ruin.

Im sure GATO wanted something left over when they warred with NPO. It's not a one way street here. If NPO wanted to punish GATO nations for sitting in peace mode then its only fair that they in turn get punished for doing the exact same thing.

Im sure GATO wanted something left over when they warred with NPO. It's not a one way street here. If NPO wanted to punish GATO nations for sitting in peace mode then its only fair that they in turn get punished for doing the exact same thing.

The only ones that are able to use that as an excuse is GATO. Worry about things that NPO has done to you.

Sorry my brother, but when they ridiculed nations for doing it, it was PERFECTLY acceptable and called 'merciful'. They wish to taunt those in peace mode, their enemies will do it to them now. They should follow their principles or admit they were wrong. Can't have both in one.

"They did it first" is a kindergarden excuse. If you go down to their level, you are no better.