Congrats to NPO

Leonid Tolstoy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I'll mention you didn't even spell hypocrite right. Secondly, Webster's is not the place I'd derive any sort of philosophy from. Finally, hypocrisy is accusing someone of wrong from an act you commit yourself. You are correct to assert that hypocrisy has nothing to do with right or wrong, but it does have much to do with your ethos (character). I am trying to explain to you that you hardly seem on the moral high-ground you attempt to pave yourself out to be by committing this action, AND, if you held the things done to you - including the insults regarding peace mode - as wrongs done to you, then should not your moral judgement be universally applicable or are you simply better than how you judge others? If you do hold them universal, then how can you claim superiority at this moment with the things you say?

That, my friend, is total hypocrisy and wrong. It's no question of rights or any form of personal attack. I am conveying to you what I think of what you wrote and questioning whether it's the right thing to do at this moment in time. I hope you don't take it too seriously.

Are you related to Bill Clinton? He was able to confuse the meaning of sex. Obviously, you hope to confuse the meaning of hypocrisy. Like I said, check out Webster's, and Oxford too. Nowhere have I commited an act of hypocrisy. Nowhere. Don't feel badly though. There are plenty of other who don't understand terms such as hypocrisy and karma.

As I pointed out already - there is no point debating philosophy until you can demonstrate that you understand common English words. Regretfully, I can't argue philosophy in your native language, as I am monolingual. :P

I've lost almost every war I've fought in, and fought on a side opposing NPO 4 times, in Great Wars and the Unjust War, and then again about 3 months ago, you're getting NPO's destruction which is something I am satisfied with, but rubbing it in their faces is not respectful to the numerous nations in the alliance that had nothing to do with shaping the policy of NPO that put them in their situation.

I think the only thing you managed to say with that is, don't be on the same side as mogar during a war.

I think the only thing you managed to say with that is, don't be on the same side as mogar during a war.

I picked the losing side intentionally(at least for the UjW), I'd rather fight with my friends alongside me against alliances I hate than keep my infras.

Edited by Mogar

http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_dis...Pacific%20Order

Page one of your alliance has finally been purged of the most honorable members. Page one now reflects only hippies, who are afraid of war.

o/ Moo http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=21476

EDIT: In view of the very first post in response to my observations, I feel it necessary to point out that MY post is not necessarily a reflection of Vanguard's position. I am NOT Vanguard's officer of propaganda, after all. But, it is fair to note that a number of people in CN agree with my sentiments. Make of it what you will........

I love how most of the people in that that thread praising that decision are now in Karma and preaching the opposite.

Actually it's the top 40 nations that are in peace mode now

Correct. It's also rather interesting WHICH nations are the top 40 now. I've already saluted Moo, for not being among them. Moo met Karma on the battle field, while his friends hid behind him. There was no malice or sarcasm in my o/ Moo ;)

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.as...&Extended=1

the numerous nations in the alliance that had nothing to do with shaping the policy of NPO that put them in their situation.

The NPO rolled how many alliances on the principal that they were responsible for the actions of their leaders? They don't get to use that excuse now.

Page one of your alliance has finally been purged of the most honorable members. Page one now reflects only hippies, who are afraid of war.

EDIT: In view of the very first post in response to my observations, I feel it necessary to point out that MY post is not necessarily a reflection of Vanguard's position. I am NOT Vanguard's officer of propaganda, after all. But, it is fair to note that a number of people in CN agree with my sentiments. Make of it what you will........

Whenever you post on the OWF, your actions reflect on your alliance as a whole. Even when that is not what you want.

Wait... and we're destroying NPO because they're bullies? What a hypocrite. What a !@#$%*.

EDIT: Hahaha, you're dissing them because they're trying to have something left once the war is over? I hope you start an alliance and go to war with an alliance I'll be in, because you clearly have no idea of what to do in war. With the amount of thought you put into this topic, it should only last a few seconds and you'll be a smoking ruin.

Edited by Pacifism

Wait... and we're destroying NPO because they're bullies? What a hypocrite. What a !@#$%*.

EDIT: Hahaha, you're dissing them because they're trying to have something left once the war is over? I hope you start an alliance and go to war with an alliance I'll be in, because you clearly have no idea of what to do in war. With the amount of thought you put into this topic, it should only last a few seconds and you'll be a smoking ruin.

It might be ooc but man are you stupid. He is laughing at them because they were the ones who said flying into peace mode was ludicrous cowardly and dishonourable. And so we should, they say one thing do another its hilarious to note.

And bloody oath this is classy why shouldn't he point out how funny something like this is.

Edit: HAHA with the amount of thought you put into that post i felt i should laugh at you.

Edited by daggarz

Whenever you post on the OWF, your actions reflect on your alliance as a whole. Even when that is not what you want.

This is open world RP, yes? Each nation is a sovereign state, yes? While I wouldn't presume to make a post in "Alliance Announcements", each nation is free to voice their ideas and opinions. Reflect on your alliance?

We no longer live according to NPO rules, where one member's comments are a valid casus belli for destroying an entire alliance.

"Freedom of Speech" is a concept whose time has come.

Thank you for your concern. Perhaps you hadn't noticed, but I've so far fought 3 NPO nations, after having fought one of NPO's allies just to get to the main fight. No smoking ruins, yet.

Grab yourself a good dictionary. Find hypocrite, and see what it really means. My actions have NOT been hypocritical, as already pointed out in this thread. It is NPO that is hypocritical, for having made taunts and threats in the past against alliances that used a valid strategy to preserve THEIR fighting strength, but does the same thing NOW when they are at the sharp end of the stick.

Think before you post. The unthinking people who accuse ME of hypocrisy are the very people who DO NEED this thread.

Yes using peacemode is a valid tactic in war.

The OP even link the post by moo that he's making fun of. How can you still completely miss the point?

That said I think this joke is getting a bit worn out.

Yes using peacemode is a valid tactic in war.

The OP even link the post by moo that he's making fun of. How can you still completely miss the point?

That said I think this joke is getting a bit worn out.

I would agree with you, neneko. However, I see again and again where one person or another attempts to use the "hypocrites" thing to influence Karma's eventual peace terms. I got into a rather heated "discussion" on IRC regarding what those peace terms might be, and "hypocrite" was thrown at me repeatedly.

If this thread helps only a few people to understand what a hypocrite really is, and who the hypocrites really are, then the thread is useful.

Hey, maybe the majority of people on Planet Bob really DO want to return to NPO Rules of conduct. "Do as I say, not as I do" has worked fine for years now, right?

Let me state clearly: While NPO has a number of honorable players, their top ranks include people who have NO CONCEPT of honor. To them, the end justifies the means, and talk of honor is just one of the means to the end.