Will you want your account to stay active when you die?

Kevin McDonald

I'd like goodbyes to be said on my behalf. Maybe it has no impact on me whatsoever, but I'd like to think that I could provide some solace to the people I've met here. Internet or not, I've had friendships in CN that have endured for nearly 3 years now. 3 years isn't something to simply forget about simply because it was using a "newfangled" medium of communication.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering life is just my imagination gone wild, when I cease to exist so will....... well everything.

Same :awesome:

I've been dead for some time now. Hasn't seemed to have affected my gameplay much, though.

And most likely same <_< .

Some people will know when I have passed away. -_-

Honestly, If I did I really could care less about notifying anyone on a game. I would be freakin' dead. People that I am cool with have my personal contacts (facebook/myspace/email). If I go they will some how stumble apoun it. Other than that, see you all in hell.

Edited by PrototyoeRuler

I could care less about my nation. I've never taken good care of it, I've thrown myself into foolhardy battles, sent out aid I should likely have kept, etc etc. I play CN primarily for my friends. My infrastructure and tech levels are comparatively unimportant to me, which I think is a positive characteristic as it helps me to uphold honour > infra. If I die, then my nation can delete for all I care.

As for my friends? I have friends on here who are as close as those I have IRL. If I died, I'd want someone to tell them what had happened, and fortunately I have a RL acquaintance who would probably do that for me.

I suppose if I died suddenly tomorrow I wouldn't mind people being told of it, as for my nation, I don't really care. I guess it would be nice to have someone tell my Cyber-Buddies that I wasn't gonna be around again though.

If I was dying for a long period of time, lets say due to cancer or some other terminal thing, i would let a few people in my alliance and some friends i made outside of it know what was going down. If it was sudden and i didnt have chance to say anything i dont think i would like my family to have to go through telling a bunch of people in this game and others what happened.

I wouldnt mind someone taking over my nation though. Might as well keep the thing going.

Pretty much this. If I was terminally ill and had, say, a year to live, I'd say my goodbyes and quit. If I had a short clock ticking on my life, I think CN would suddenly seem a lot less imortant, and I'd want to do better things with the time I had left.

-Bama

See I'd hope that someone would log into this and a few other communities and inform my intwerweb friends that I'd died... however I doubt they'd be thinking

"Geese I should probably let those people on CN etc know about the loss of my Boyfriend/Son/Brother"(Depends who I'm talking about here... not just one person before anyone suggests it). However if I end up dying slowly I'll let a few people know.

So if I stop posting without notice here, on BOOK's forums or on TTK's forums... and stop posting elsewhere I'm probably gone on to my next life... (hmm morbid)

OOC: I knew someone who decided to quit several forums they frequented at once by "faking" their death, they then decided at alater date to return to one and forgot what they'd done... I've never seen so much piss taking in one thread :P

When I die, so does my nation...I wouldn't want my nation to become a tech/cash whore for whatever alliance takes control of it.

Even in death...I want the noobs to learn how to spend the cash and not just give it to them.