Serious Question to Surrendered Hegemony Alliances...

Rush Sykes

You're not going to get answers from politicians about what happens behind closed doors in this thread.

Also im not hegemony but I believe we all have learned something, which is how loyal our allies are in a war situation. and also how strong our enemies really are. :P

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if what you are looking for is an apology from hegemony alliances then I dont think you will get that, at least not here. Politically nothing will be the same once this war has completed change is inevitable it will be up to each individual alliance what direction they wish to handle their FA. PZI/EZI not all members of alliances ever supported this while there was a time for its use ,the game has moved on from that, and hence I think youll see those types of sentances go to the way side. I think your statement that very little will change politically is nieve for in order to survive in this game you must be willing to change and evolve regardless whether a war was involved or not.

Im not looking for an apology. Those examples I gave were the easiest examples. Im interested in what was learned politcally by those on the Hegemony side.

I'm not hegemony, but I learned that 8 months on PZI really does help prepare you for the biggest war in CN history.

Hrm it must be that extra 4 months I had that $%&@ed me up then. Cause it made me innactive to the point where I missed the war.

Kind of made me sad when I came back and found out. Alas, you win some you lose some.

Military defeat can bind an alliance more closely than any victory would have done.

This is true. A defeat in war is the best way to shed the deadwood, the hangers-on and the fair-weather members. This leaves you with a solid community of loyal members whose allegiance to each other is forged in the fires of war.

No one's suddenly going to go "I'm so sorry for supporting, be it implicitly or overtly, those methods and tactics which caused this came to stagnate and fostered a community of hate and mistrust. I was a total $@!, and I will do my best to reform." So stop looking for it.

No one's suddenly going to go "I'm so sorry for supporting, be it implicitly or overtly, those methods and tactics which caused this came to stagnate and fostered a community of hate and mistrust. I was a total $@!, and I will do my best to reform." So stop looking for it.

^^ This

As for what Tyga said:

This is true. A defeat in war is the best way to shed the deadwood, the hangers-on and the fair-weather members. This leaves you with a solid community of loyal members whose allegiance to each other is forged in the fires of war.

Makes you wonder how someone can sever those kinds of bonds. Not many bonds of awesomeness stronger than those formed when 2-manning the rest of the planet. But I guess anything's possible.

I think what many of these alliances have learned is that the NPO isn't the great friend they advertised themselves as. Even those alliances still fighting on the NPO's side must surely know that, as they continue to bleed while much of the NPO sits in peace mode.

The VE has never surrendered, they have made amends though, and when they did I somewhat agreed with it, sure grudges last but you have to put yourself over the past.

I was in the GPA when it surrendered and the surrender terms were BS.

Since when is the whole of CN allowed to dictate an alliance their internal policies.

Edited by leprecon