Mogar Q&A

Mogar

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Individuals have elected to provide you with under the condition of anonymity? If anything were that sensitive, wouldnt they be directing such information and queries related to them towards Vox, or something? Why present you with information only to be "anonymous"?

Telling Vox doesn't get the information out as quickly as telling me, and from my queries with vox members, the majority of the information I hear they're hearing at the same time or earlier, I'm just an alternative, and most of it isn't that sensitive, the most private information I've leaked was TOP leaving Q, which just about everyone had heard rumors of, and then they purposefully delayed leaving just to get my date wrong, :raeg: TOP.

What do you think of The Syndicate, I want a long, multi-page thorough explanation. Also, is my sig awesome or is my sig awesome.

I think you have built yourself up a good alliance Carter, and I think with time you'll have yourself a powerhouse at your control, just dont let them loose on anyone I'm allied to :P. I must say I do like your sig, although I always picked squirtle due to it making beating Brock so much easier.

Who REALLY killed Kennedy?

Fidel Castro was the one who gave the second shot to the skull, he was located a floor above Oswald, and managed to escape due to him and the CIA working together, why do you think all the attempts to kill Castro failed?

Edited by Mogar

Telling Vox doesn't get the information out as quickly as telling me, and from my queries with vox members, the majority of the information I hear they're hearing at the same time or earlier, I'm just an alternative, and most of it isn't that sensitive, the most private information I've leaked was TOP leaving Q, which just about everyone had heard rumors of, and then they purposefully delayed leaving just to get my date wrong, :raeg: TOP.

Well then, if you don't hear the juicy stuff, how can you honestly have considered yourself as an alternative to Vox in anything save as an ear for leaks and idle speculation?

Actually you got it completely wrong. By the time you 'knew' TOP was leaving Q no decision had been made. You were just basing a guess of the rumors everyone had already heard. I'll admit you're fairly good at cold reading but beyond that you don't have more insight into the cn backrooms than the average alliance peon.

edit:

oh yeah a question. Is the charter fixed yet?

Edited by neneko

Well then, if you don't hear the juicy stuff, how can you honestly have considered yourself as an alternative to Vox in anything save as an ear for leaks and idle speculation?

No, I hear a lot of juicy stuff, I've only leaked about 10% of what I hear. I consider how popular the rumors relating to the information are, more popular they are the more likely I'll release it, hence the TOP thing, and Vox has their method of communicating with the masses, I have my own, I think we both have pros and cons, I enjoy being able to stir up a bit of drama, but I'm also intelligent enough to not do it often enough someone wants to roll me, I believe some Citadel members were calling for my blood when I leaked the TOP thing, so you can imagine that I consider who I'm leaking information about as well.

Actually you got it completely wrong. By the time you 'knew' TOP was leaving Q no decision had been made. You were just basing a guess of the rumors everyone had already heard. I'll admit you're fairly good at cold reading but beyond that you don't have more insight into the cn backrooms than the average alliance peon.

edit:

oh yeah a question. Is the charter fixed yet?

Actually you got it completely wrong. By the time I announced TOP was leaving Q they had literally posted it on the Q forums about 20 minutes before, hence their unhappiness, and my 3 or 4 queries from TOP gov officials who were curious to know where I had heard it from, they thought I had a spy on their forums, I did not. and whatever helps you sleep at night.

Yes, we're just working on typos and a few other options for when the alliance grows larger.

Edited by Mogar

No, I hear a lot of juicy stuff, I've only leaked about 10% of what I hear. I consider how popular the rumors relating to the information are, more popular they are the more likely I'll release it, hence the TOP thing, and Vox has their method of communicating with the masses, I have my own, I think we both have pros and cons, I enjoy being able to stir up a bit of drama, but I'm also intelligent enough to not do it often enough someone wants to roll me, I believe some Citadel members were calling for my blood when I leaked the TOP thing, so you can imagine that I consider who I'm leaking information about as well.

Ok, then how do you tell the difference between idle speculation and actual fact?

Considering your status as a would-be competitor with Vox, surely you have some kind of method to ensure you only take into account factual information?

She sits alone waiting for suggestions

he's so nervous avoiding all the questions.

His lips are dry her heart is gently pounding

don't you just know exactly what they're thinking

If you want my body and you think I'm sexy

come on sugar let me know.

If you really need me just reach out and touch me

come on honey tell me so.

Tell me so, baby.

He's acting shy looking for an answer,

Come on honey, let's spend the night together,

Now hold on a minute before we go much further,

Give me a dime so I can 'phone my mother,

They catch a cab to his high rise apartment,

At last he can tell her exactly what his heart meant.

His heart's beating like a drum

'cos at last he's got his girl home

relax baby now we are alone

Oh

They wake at dawn 'cos all the birds are singing,

Two total strangers but that ain't what they're thinking.

Outside it's cold misty and it's raining,

They got each other neither one's complaining,

He say's I sorry but I'm out of milk and coffee,

Never mind sugar we can watch the early movie.

Oh... Sugar

If you really, really, really, really need me

just let me know

just reach out and touch me, mmm

If you really want me

just reach out and touch me

come on sugar let me know

come on sugar let me know

if you, if you, if you really need me

just come on and tell me so

well shucks man.... could've just sent a love note. :P

Actually you got it completely wrong. By the time I announced TOP was leaving Q they had literally posted it on the Q forums about 20 minutes before, hence their unhappiness, and my 3 or 4 queries from TOP gov officials who were curious to know where I had heard it from, they thought I had a spy on their forums, I did not. and whatever helps you sleep at night.

My bad. I assumed you were refering to the time you tried to guess on a date wich was a few days before the announcement.

So you figured it out 20 min after they announced it and still got the date wrong? I take back what I said about your skill as a investigative reporter.

edit: new question. Is the pentumvir still on the schedule for the new charter?

Edited by neneko

Ok, then how do you tell the difference between idle speculation and actual fact?

Considering your status as a would-be competitor with Vox, surely you have some kind of method to ensure you only take into account factual information?

Usually I consider information to be closer to fact when it's from a member of the alliance they're speaking of, and typically the more I hear something the less likely I buy it's reality, TOP hitting Valhalla for example, It is difficult to see what it real and what is rumors, and really I dont want to talk much publicly about how I determine the difference, I'm sure you understand exactly why.

well shucks man.... could've just sent a love note. :P

I like to publicly proclaim my love :wub:.

My bad. I assumed you were refering to the time you tried to guess on a date wich was a few days before the announcement.

So you figured it out 20 min after they announced it and still got the date wrong? I take back what I said about your skill as a investigative reporter.

I was off by 24 hours because I had read the date wrong, just because I get the information doesn't mean my ADD doesn't get in the way of reporting it.

Edited by Mogar

Usually I consider information to be closer to fact when it's from a member of the alliance they're speaking of, and typically the more I hear something the less likely I buy it's reality, TOP hitting Valhalla for example, It is difficult to see what it real and what is rumors, and really I dont want to talk much publicly about how I determine the difference, I'm sure you understand exactly why.

No, frankly, I dont. It sounds kinda specious to me. On the one hand you describe a "trick" you use, and on the other hand right after you mention how much you dont like to talk about your standards for journalistic integrity.

So, which is it? Trade secret or something?

I was off by 24 hours because I had read the date wrong, just because I get the information doesn't mean my ADD doesn't get in the way of reporting it.

Isnt that considered a severe handicap in the profession? One which needs to actually be worked past rather than used as a crutch?

No, frankly, I dont. It sounds kinda specious to me. On the one hand you describe a "trick" you use, and on the other hand right after you mention how much you dont like to talk about your standards for journalistic integrity.

So, which is it? Trade secret or something?

Isnt that considered a severe handicap in the profession? One which needs to actually be worked past rather than used as a crutch?

We could leave it as a trade secret, I'd just rather not get myself into hot water, and yes it is a handicap, but I manage, OOC: my ADD affects everything in my life, which is why I take Adderal when going to work so I don't end up killing myself on a car engine or something.

Did you start it or just copy and paste like mad?

Just mentioned it to a few people, and it began from there, generally rumors I start I don't amsg, it'd sort of defeat to purpose of reporting news if I know it's fake.

We could leave it as a trade secret, I'd just rather not get myself into hot water, and yes it is a handicap, but I manage, OOC: my ADD affects everything in my life, which is why I take Adderal when going to work so I don't end up killing myself on a car engine or something.

So...

Then you judge the authenticity of rumors you hear by some sort of secret litmus test? That for all intents and purposes, likely does nothing to measure the validity of the claims told to you?

You also just admitted to helping start a rumor, and as a self-proclaimed journalist, doesn't that breach of integrity constitute something of a slap to the face of reporting ethics?

And my question was regarding the use of it as a crutch in regards to getting facts and such wrong, however if you feel that you have it control, how do you manage despite the "occasional slip up" as what was just recently indicated?

So...

Then you judge the authenticity of rumors you hear by some sort of secret litmus test? That for all intents and purposes, likely does nothing to measure the validity of the claims told to you?

You also just admitted to helping start a rumor, and as a self-proclaimed journalist, doesn't that breach of integrity constitute something of a slap to the face of reporting ethics?

And my question was regarding the use of it as a crutch in regards to getting facts and such wrong, however if you feel that you have it control, how do you manage despite the "occasional slip up" as what was just recently indicated?

Starting a rumor in a query != reporting false news, and I am not stupid enough to admit anything on these forums that could come back to haunt me, hence me not going to go into details about how I judge if something is fact or not.

With the seemingly united color spheres like Maroon Orange purple, what do you think the likely hood of a sphere war would be?

Sphere vs sphere? entirely plausible, we basically had Orange vs Purple in this war, I'm sure at some point with the amount of effort that's being put into sphere unity blocs an actual Color X Declares on Color Y will happen,

Starting a rumor in a query != reporting false news, and I am not stupid enough to admit anything on these forums that could come back to haunt me, hence me not going to go into details about how I judge if something is fact or not.

Isn't providing extremely evasive answers to upfront questions while also dodging the central issue of what I asked something that can come back to haunt you?

I don't recall saying you reported a false rumor, but started one. And since that false rumor was going to be told to others as fact, does that really make a slight bit of difference, even semantically?

Does it not constitute a blatant violation of journalistic ethics?

Isn't providing extremely evasive answers to upfront questions while also dodging the central issue of what I asked something that can come back to haunt you?

I don't recall saying you reported a false rumor, but started one. And since that false rumor was going to be told to others as fact, does that really make a slight bit of difference, even semantically?

Does it not constitute a blatant violation of journalistic ethics?

When answering them will make it so I wont be able to get information from most of my sources anymore, I'd rather have you not like me for not answering your questions than to lose those sources of information.

It was up to the person I was telling it to to decide that, and I even stated it was a rumor when I told them that, so if it's passed along as fact that isnt my responsibility.

I don't follow any ethics but my own, I don't report(amsg) anything that I feel is false, and that is the only standard I hold myself to.

When answering them will make it so I wont be able to get information from most of my sources anymore, I'd rather have you not like me for not answering your questions than to lose those sources of information.

It was up to the person I was telling it to to decide that, and I even stated it was a rumor when I told them that, so if it's passed along as fact that isnt my responsibility.

I don't follow any ethics but my own, I don't report(amsg) anything that I feel is false, and that is the only standard I hold myself to.

Why would it stop you from getting sources? Baseless allegations and spotty rumors make up too large a percentage of what you get from them?

So...you unleash the hounds, and then they're not your responsibility anymore...Tell me something, why start a rumor if for nothing else than to try and see how many people get suckered into believing it? Isnt that kind of nonsense your responsibility as a reporter?

So...You're saying you have no standards, then? No integrity whatsoever?

Why would it stop you from getting sources? Baseless allegations and spotty rumors make up too large a percentage of what you get from them?

So...you unleash the hounds, and then they're not your responsibility anymore...Tell me something, why start a rumor if for nothing else than to try and see how many people get suckered into believing it? Isnt that kind of nonsense your responsibility as a reporter?

No @ the first part, and you answered the second part for me, I was bored and wanted to see how fast it would spread.

No @ the first part, and you answered the second part for me, I was bored and wanted to see how fast it would spread.
So...You're saying you have no standards, then? No integrity whatsoever?

I see. Thank you for answering both my second and third questions at once.

Why even try to rival Vox if you knew that while they had an axe to grind and therefore were legitimate, compared to whatever your reasons were?

Didnt you feel a little bit nervous or apprehensive of comparing yourself to such integrity?

I see. Thank you for answering both my second and third questions at once.

Why even try to rival Vox if you knew that while they had an axe to grind and therefore were legitimate, compared to whatever your reasons were?

Didnt you feel a little bit nervous or apprehensive of comparing yourself to such integrity?

I never said my goal was to rival or be better than Vox, I was bored, and did something that I enjoyed during the War of the Coalition again in the lead up to this war, that's usually why people do things, is to entertain themselves. :v: