Re: Valhalla

Its been an absolute blast fighting this war against people that can fight back, props to all those i fought (Except Sqrt,, who wouldnt accept my bet when he was SO confident :P)

We came because of our honour and we stayed (for a while at least) for the casualties and pixels slaughter.

No matter what your stance on the terms we got, its been fun. Valhalla and the alliances fighting us all exit this with a mutual respect for each other.

Raydin and James.. shut up already :P

you have too many wonders I am lazy and didn't want to read them all :P

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you look at this part and decide it would look favorable for your side? Or what happened here? I'm kinda indifferent on the whole situation but things like this definitely give weight to the other side.

He's talking about proving them wrong, so it doesn't really.

you have too many wonders I am lazy and didn't want to read them all :P

so that's why you were pushing so hard for the "no member in valhalla is allowed to have more than 7 wonders" term!

(just to be safe, no I'm not serious)

I need to get this as an auto-reply. Pleasing to see alliances who went to war via their treaties getting white peace. -Tyga

I brought this over from your other threads Tyga, just thought I would add it to help you out and save you a post.

Thanks Tyga! You are fair and just and have always stood by your "white peace for treaty followers" sermon.

---------

Without a doubt Valhalla has a monkey on its back that it seems it will never shake, no matter what we do. It seems there will always be those too stubborn and ignorant to even find out who we are. They will undoubtedly twist anything we do to to try to prove their point. You can believe whatever you like. But I can honestly stand here and spout the truth. I will tell you now so you can quote it for your short lived predictions. Valhalla has no beef with the alliances we fought in this war. We honestly have garnered respect for them. There will be no revenge as their truthfully are no ill feelings. We are pleased with how they handled themselves, how they treated us in the heat of battle and how they gave us a chance to show them how respectful we could be. Umbrella, Kronos, PC, AO, RIA, FARK.. Thank you for being mature and handling yourselves as such. Valhalla will rise again, but we will not be exacting any sort of revenge on these fine folks.

-Tron(much appreciated)ix

He's talking about proving them wrong, so it doesn't really.

I dunno, one member in the past few pages is bragging about how he didn't lose, and another is looking forward to some kind of retribution, it seems to me that's only going to feed the troll bonfires.

First to the loudmouth valhalla members. I just really hope that your opinion is not the one of the general membership in valhalla. Trying to spin this to a win because you were let of easy sickens me.

neneko, can you please read Pansy's posts Levi's post and even my own on the previous page to get a true reflection of what you could probably take of what Valhalla thinks. We got our **** handed to us on a plate. Yes I think we can be proud that we stood up to it for as long as we could but as has been said it came a time where we could no longer fight as we could not declare war on anyone, 95% of our Alliance in Nuke Anarchy/Anarchy, and there can be no mistaken that Umbrella & co. came at us, and hammered us into the ground. Please, not just you but the rest ignore our younglings of James Saams and Raydin.

Did you look at this part and decide it would look favorable for your side? Or what happened here? I'm kinda indifferent on the whole situation but things like this definitely give weight to the other side.

nice snip of the quote it was in a direct response to him saying we couldnt change. I told him i look forward to the day he eats those words please dont try and take things out of context.

Go back and read what he was responding to. I don't think you understand what Bud was saying.

Edit: Bud beat me to it.

Edited by Bob Sanders

First to the loudmouth valhalla members. I just really hope that your opinion is not the one of the general membership in valhalla. Trying to spin this to a win because you were let of easy sickens me.

To be fair, it's only 2 members :P

nice snip of the quote it was in a direct response to him saying we couldnt change. I told him i look forward to the day he eats those words please dont try and take things out of context.

It was totally in context. Recent history says those words mean one thing, I can't predict the future. If it means what you say it means, then I hope he does too.

History isn't erased in a day, no matter how many good intentions you throw at it.

I dunno, one member in the past few pages is bragging about how he didn't lose, and another is looking forward to some kind of retribution, it seems to me that's only going to feed the troll bonfires.

You would have had to follow the statements from the beggining. start on page 5 or 6 youll see it develop. It was in relation to a conversation with Tyga.

neneko, can you please read Pansy's posts Levi's post and even my own on the previous page to get a true reflection of what you could probably take of what Valhalla thinks. We got our **** handed to us on a plate. Yes I think we can be proud that we stood up to it for as long as we could but as has been said it came a time where we could no longer fight as we could not declare war on anyone, 95% of our Alliance in Nuke Anarchy/Anarchy, and there can be no mistaken that Umbrella & co. came at us, and hammered us into the ground. Please, not just you but the rest ignore our younglings of James Saams and Raydin.

THis I think you have seen what the ranking members of valhalla feel. We have some brash members but I think all alliances have a few of those, you know the kind that are great for moral but probably shouldnt be diplomats. Once again these terms are not lost on us. Believe us or dont that is your choice. We will rebuild but we hold no ill will towards any of the alliances we fought and actually prior to this war I hated PC but once I got to know them a bit they are a pretty fun crowd.

We all know this was typically white peace. Gangbanging an alliance then giving it whitepeace? And I interpret your " Mom I'm here " post that clearly indicates our acts were short to nothing...Yes your posts and the current events clearly work along..
Actually the right phrase is: " Look mom! I have 8 alliances on my arse and I'm still OWNING them and causing heavy damage to the opposition! "

You just made my day, thank you.

Epic thread is Epic

Congrats on the peace Valhalla.

I think it is heartening that the nations that engaged Valhalla have a healthy respect for your prowess in a war and your behavior of the battle field

o/Valhalla

o/Purple

Edited by Diego the Dog

Half of the opposition in this war wish to see alliances get their beatdown, and be let off with light terms with the hope they will change their MO in the future, the other half wishes to stomp them into submission and levy harsh terms to destabilize them in the future. Which is exactly what this war was started for in the first place. The placement of harsh and debilitating terms to keep a threat down and out of power. Then of course the detractors that don't believe Valhalla will change come to town to sling more mud, without even letting any time pass for any changes to come to light.

Not what we are saying at all. We're saying we want SOME TERMS. These are not terms, they're glorified white peace. There's a massive distance between heavy terms and reasonable terms that will slow rebuilding so that when we leave this war and are rebuilding they're not already done.

Without a doubt Valhalla has a monkey on its back that it seems it will never shake, no matter what we do.

If you ever do anything to try to "shake your monkey" (not a euphemism!) we'd be delighted to see it. I really wish you luck on righting your boat and will wait to see what comes of it.

The people offering skepticism here have good reasons to be skeptical, and in my opinion you would do better to dispel the skepticism than to carefully list the handful of alliances that will not feel your implied revenge.

Here we go, Sponge you must have really crushed this guy in his former life.
is it not true that polaris under sponge worked to orchestrate the unjust war in an attempt to isolate the new pacific order with whom they were directly tied with a 'blood pact' of sorts, the ordinance of order?

i thought even sponge himself admitted this

im not here to participate in your thread derailment, so i will just reiterate, that sponge should not assume everyone acts the way he does, and the idea that valhalla are going to actively go after the folks who granted them terms immeasurably lighter that what was expected, well, it seems rather ridiculous that they would be largely ungrateful, let alone enraged. in fact, i predict the opposite, and believe these will in fact ease the tensions with valhalla, to a certain extent. they entered this war expecting far worse than what they got.

is it not true that polaris under sponge worked to orchestrate the unjust war in an attempt to isolate the new pacific order with whom they were directly tied with a 'blood pact' of sorts, the ordinance of order?

i thought even sponge himself admitted this

im not here to participate in your thread derailment, so i will just reiterate, that sponge should not assume everyone acts the way he does, and the idea that valhalla are going to actively go after the folks who granted them terms immeasurably lighter that what was expected, well, it seems rather ridiculous that they would be largely ungrateful, let alone enraged. in fact, i predict the opposite, and believe these will in fact ease the tensions with valhalla, to a certain extent. they entered this war expecting far worse than what they got.

Good Lord, you talk of me and thread De-Railment, your the poster boy on the topic in every thread, I won't be replying if you choose to respond,.

However let it be written I will be keeping an eye on your CN carrer and god forbid you are involved on an opposing side as I.

Not what we are saying at all. We're saying we want SOME TERMS. These are not terms, they're glorified white peace. There's a massive distance between heavy terms and reasonable terms that will slow rebuilding so that when we leave this war and are rebuilding they're not already done.
the lack of tech extortion does not make these terms the equivalent of white peace. their treaties are suspended, and, not the importance of this next one, they are allowed no external aid. that means torn, among others, cannot assist them in rebuilding for three months. that is a term that borders on being harsh and potentially extends towards cruelty, depending largely on the general financial status of valhalla.

there is a whole lot more to white peace than the lack of extortion, and i am sad to see many people ignorant of that.

Valhalla has always tried to allow it's membership as much freedom as it could. It makes it hard to reign in some of the more "boisterous" members at times.

I apologize for the actions of these members who seem to be attempting to belittle the victors in this thread.

Every alliance has some people who are more gung ho than the average membership, and every alliance (sans a few very small ones) has memebrs who put on blinders so as to not see things they'd rather not believe. Hell, we had one guy openly declare it Treason to even bring these terms to membership. :rolleyes:

I can assure you, that 90, well maybe 85% of Valhalla has swallowed the bitter pill of defeat and accepts these terms for what they are. The other 10-15% would prefer fighting to the death, or their pride can't handle simple defeat. Denial seems to be their only option.

As far as Valhalla wanting revenge.. c'mon, that's just silly. Valhalla loves to fight, however when the fight is over, it's time to go buy a beer. Even though we've taken part in harsh terms before, we aren't looking to carry on the hate after the fight. Ask BAPS or Polar how they were treated by Val after our fights. You may be surprised to find we aren't the complete a-holes we're made out to be.

Now, I'm not saying we're angels. Far from it. We never will be either, but that doesn't mean we haven't changed or that we can't change in the future.

There's a reason i brought up the PEACE treaty bloc in my original post. 18 months ago, you couldn't get us in the same room w/o a fight breaking out. Now, now some of our staunchest support comes from these alliances. Is this definitive proof, nah. But then again, for some people that proof will only come if we disband, either quickly, or slowly after fighting the next VeitFAN for a few months.

This is so true. Every alliance still fighting and getting nuked is now actually at a disadvantage towards alliances that already lost. No matter if they are winning or losing. Doesn't anyone find this absurd? And I don't mean this peace specifically, eventhough there are a lot of reasons why I thought this war would end in stiffer terms. Just too much white peace all around.

Edited by Leigon

Yes, clearly in CN the aggressors deserve the spoils if they win the war and a free pass if they lose. The defenders deserve to have their carcass pillaged if they lose and a nice war bill if they win. This world is truly mad.

No madder than it was at the end of GWI when NPO were asked to apologise for what, in essence, you did, and were not required to pay reps nor anything else. The Orders of the time that you were a member of bragged the entire time and later even spun that it never happened. In practice, it seems the world never truly changes, and even when faced with people I believe have truly changed, I find in instances like these their true colors always show. That being said, to treat those you believe evil or deserving of harshness with said harshness, you engender even worse enemies and worse hate. Look at, say, AirMe. His hate is palpable, and rightly so because of the way he his alliances have been treated in the past. It stands to reason that repeats of this behavior create even more hatred and bittnerness. It certainly never ends well, so is it worth a week of smug satisfaction to ensure that revenge is returned upon you a thousandfold? Everyone keeps citing what Valhalla has done to other alliances, and I think Valhalla has learned the lesson that this engenders hatred and a desire to bring you down. Taking it further than that serves noone.

Speaking for myself and not my alliance but as a person who has been on both sides since near Planet Bob's beginning(and there really are only two): I find nearly everyone carries grudges, and nearly everyone is full of hate and desire for revenge. Valhalla fought long and hard in this war, and treated their enemies with respect and honor. Harsh terms meant to cripple them would have never been accepted by the general memership, and Planet Bob would be dealing with small nations with MPs and warchests hell bent on dying for a very, very long time. I know I fully expected us to be offered terms with harsh reps, that called for Joey's head, that took away all military and wonders... terms that would have never been accepted, that would have I believe seen the self-willed disbandment of the alliance and unleashed a fury of rogues that would have suprised even FAN. Again this is my opinion and not based on any fact.

I would like to thank our opponents for showing honor and class, and also for being one ~@#& of a good time. If it were possible to buy ever one of you a pint of ale, I would. I tip my hat to you.