Reforming Alliances

I've noticed lately a lot of alliances are reforming. One of the original ones was VE a while back. Now we have GOON's, Nordreich, TotalFarkistan!, MAD (which some people "unmerged" with Echelon), and \m/. Any others? Of course, it doesn't look like \m/ and TF! were serious, or those just didn't work out.

Is it okay to reform alliances, or should the dead be left in peace? It makes me wonder if other alliances like NAAC, LUE, GOLD, Atlantis, Genmay, and others. I bet NAAC would grow pretty quickly. GOON's seem to be doing well. VE, of course, is doing wonderful. Nordreich, we'll see.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why not. People liked their former homes and want them back. No crime in that, regardless of what other people's grudges say.

I'm only against it if the people who reform the alliance in question were never part of the original. That's just pissing away on someone else's history.

Edited by Portugal

I would say it depends entirely on the community behind said alliance.

An alliance doesnt die with the post saying it disbands, it dies when the community has given up, and this could be well after a disandment notice.

First off GOONS (Goon Order of Neutral Shoving) hasnt reformed. A different GOONS alliance (Goons Order of Negligence and Sadism) from a dead world migrated here. Second why shouldnt communities that have been repressed come back out and flourish when their repressors lose the power to enforce exile? That seems to be what's happened in most of those cases.

Umbrella is an exception. They do have the same roots, but much more exclusive community.

[edit to clarify goonses]

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

I've noticed lately a lot of alliances are reforming. One of the original ones was VE a while back. Now we have GOON's, Nordreich, TotalFarkistan!, MAD (which some people "unmerged" with Echelon), and \m/. Any others? Of course, it doesn't look like \m/ and TF! were serious, or those just didn't work out.

Is it okay to reform alliances, or should the dead be left in peace? It makes me wonder if other alliances like NAAC, LUE, GOLD, Atlantis, Genmay, and others. I bet NAAC would grow pretty quickly. GOON's seem to be doing well. VE, of course, is doing wonderful. Nordreich, we'll see.

I think most of the GOLD members made it clear they didn't want GOLD to reform, and even if it did, I don't think there's enough ex GOLD left to reform it :P

There is a name however that's not on that list, that a friend of mine will be reforming in June. He didn't want me to tell anyone though, so I'm not going to, however it is an alliance that I think many of the ex-members will leave their alliances to join.

\m/ reformed?
Yeah , when did \m/ reform?

There was a joke reformation a couple of weeks back that was quickly locked.

Edited by Nintenderek

You could say that NAAC reformed too, well kinda for two reasons

One they took over NpO Almighty Grub was a NAAC'er and now NpPo's have faught 2 wars against each other.

and two Greenland Republic is their spiritual succesor, same colour, same members, same wars against NPO.