2nd Triannual Report of the 5th Year of Order

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the tabloid article you wrote where you compared the Alliance Defense Network to Nazi Germany and Pope Hope to Adolf Hitler? Good times, that was......

[ooc]I do remember that and it was good times. To be fair, the question was: Who is a bigger nazi, the ADN, Hitler, or the NPO. At the time, the level of Godwin at !@#$%* was crazy so I decided to settle the issue once and for all. The NPO did get 3 of out 14 on the Nazi scale, and it did come with the following disclaimer:

DISCLAIMER: The NPO and authors do not actually believe the ADN, Pope Hope, Unlimited, the NPO, or Hitler were actually Nazis. Wait, he was, but no one else is. We did this because it seemed funny at the time, since everyone says everyone else are Nazis, but now, after reading it, it's just offensive. But I'm not going to throw away my evening writing this horse **** and not publish it, so you'll just have to bear down, read this highly offensive piece of trash, reflect, and think that you've learned something.

So yeah, it was actually an article designed to show everyone how stupid the "you're a nazi" talk was stupid.[/ooc]

I'm sorry, what is the Alliance Defense Network?

Good to see that even when getting whooped propaganda still is funny.

VOX is better at it though.

Maybe you should ask the spys in NPO that work for VOX for some advise. Atleast then it might be a bit more interesting of a read.

honestly, i hold out for the best of pacifica after these times. The NPO needs to realize that their place within Bob is that of a protector not an enforcer. the NPO's fall from grace comes at a point where their society promtotes domination over protection and i hope that this war brings them back to their roots.

Well said...I could actually see Mary pulling it off in time.

Honestly, I don't think NPO is trying to compete with Vox at all. They just came in, said what they had to say, and left. Vox tries to make things lulzy and point out flaws if everything. NPO tries to make itself look good, fails epicly, but doesn't use direct humor, making their style boring and generally unpleasant to read, except in the lulz that can be acquired when they claim to be a peaceful alliance.

Congrats to Mary. You get to inherit a devastated alliance that will (hopefully) never rise to its former "glory" again. Have fun with that.

Why did Bakunin and Zhadum "retire" in the middle of a war? Who's taking over the proverbial and literal smoking ruin that used to be the media department?

Remember that quotation about a million monkeys on a million type writers eventually writing Shakespeare?

Pacifica has decided to see if it's true.

Edited by New Frontier

[ooc]I do remember that and it was good times. To be fair, the question was: Who is a bigger nazi, the ADN, Hitler, or the NPO. At the time, the level of Godwin at !@#$%* was crazy so I decided to settle the issue once and for all. The NPO did get 3 of out 14 on the Nazi scale, and it did come with the following disclaimer:

DISCLAIMER: The NPO and authors do not actually believe the ADN, Pope Hope, Unlimited, the NPO, or Hitler were actually Nazis. Wait, he was, but no one else is. We did this because it seemed funny at the time, since everyone says everyone else are Nazis, but now, after reading it, it's just offensive. But I'm not going to throw away my evening writing this horse **** and not publish it, so you'll just have to bear down, read this highly offensive piece of trash, reflect, and think that you've learned something.

So yeah, it was actually an article designed to show everyone how stupid the "you're a nazi" talk was stupid.[/ooc]

I'm sorry, what is the Alliance Defense Network?

I really find it distasteful and plain buligerant for you to even bring up hitler or nazzi's in an ic forum. Even if it is coming from an alliance structured as NPO is with its history.

Well Sir Paul, I am not one of those who cannot give credit to those on the opposing side. I am not going to bother comparing it to TWiP nor am I going to try and harshly judge this in an attempt to make you and it look bad.

I do wish all these critics would try their best to put out some decent propaganda pieces. I care not which side puts it out, I enjoyed reading your attempt to portray how things are. At this point I would say propaganda isnt going to have much affect at swaying folks from one side to the other but it certainly is fun to read.

Please continue Sir Paul and do not mind those who show themselves as no better then those they would pull down.

Please continue Sir Paul and do not mind those who show themselves as no better then those they would pull down.

This. A good piece Sir Paul; I especially enjoyed the bit about the surrender terms :awesome:

o/ Pacifica

Well Sir Paul, I am not one of those who cannot give credit to those on the opposing side. I am not going to bother comparing it to TWiP nor am I going to try and harshly judge this in an attempt to make you and it look bad.

I do wish all these critics would try their best to put out some decent propaganda pieces. I care not which side puts it out, I enjoyed reading your attempt to portray how things are. At this point I would say propaganda isnt going to have much affect at swaying folks from one side to the other but it certainly is fun to read.

No better?

State where we have sentenced those in peace mode in the NPO to extended warfare and harsh terms.

State where we have forced an alliance to give us half the tech in their total alliance.

Provide sources for such behavior, and then I will agree with you that Karma is no better than the Hegemony.

However, pundits noted that Mary's gender had little to do with her appointment, as her vast qualifications, which include being head of the Green Protection Agency and besting Admin at Scrabble, make her a natural choice to lead an alliance dedicated to Peace, Strength and Prosperity.

I lol'd. You should hire Doitzel to write this for you next time. ;)

Clever piece! Well writ.

It's funny how people are so quick to denounce others work as propaganda and yet fully buy into their own.

"People will believe the facts in front of them, as long as they do not conflict with their preconceived notions."

Edited by Kzoppistan

Hmm. This edition seemed a bit petulant to me. Although I do like the attention to RP they have.

Although telling Karma they're copying Pacifica will definitely upset Karma. Oh, I'm so conflicted!

So has SSSW18 been issued a KARMA Viceroy or their forums been taken over as NPO did to GATO?

Also wheres the SSSW18 nations that were in peace mode kept at war?

Basically this. Good attempt at propaganda though, kudos for trying.

Congrats to mary as well.