2nd Triannual Report of the 5th Year of Order

npoflag.jpg

2nd Triannual Report of the 5th Year of Order

Delivered on Friday, this 1st Day of May,* in the 2009th Year of Our Lord before the Assembled BODY REPUBLIC Five Years and Eight Months after the Day of Order.

-----

My Emperor, Fellow Imperial Officers, Councilors, and Members of the Body Republic:

As Imperial Clerk, it is my duty to issue the triannual report on the progress made achieving the goals set for in His Imperial Majesty's Most Gracious Speech to the Body Republic of the Order. The People's Government has laid out several ambitious objectives and Pacifica has risen to the occasion, working hard to spread Peace, Strength and Prosperity through our works. The second trimester of the fifth year of Order has seen many accomplishments and great changes for Pacifica, and this report organizes the progress the People have made on the measures put forth before the Body Republic.

Announcement of New Regent

In a move that is being hailed by all as a huge step forward in female empowerment, Emperor Revenge has named Mary the Fantabulous as Regent of the Order, meaning that she has authority to act on his behalf when he is gone and now holds the second highest position in the world's preeminent alliance. At a private ceremony today in Francograd, Emperor Revenge stated "If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every glass ceiling." However, pundits noted that Mary's gender had little to do with her appointment, as her vast qualifications, which include being head of the Green Protection Agency and besting Admin at Scrabble, make her a natural choice to lead an alliance dedicated to Peace, Strength and Prosperity.

A Salute to Karma

We at the Order are pleased to see that as part of their surrender terms, She Said She Was 18 is being forced to sell technology to the victors of their conflict. When the New Pacific Order pioneered this form of economic development with GATO we were roundly criticized for turning the alliance into a tech farm, even though we did not set a minimum amount that must be turned over, allowed nations who did not want to tech deal to opt out, and we paid more to GATO nations than the SSSW18 nations are receiving. The Order is pleased that Karma is moving to the Pacifican position, but as a gesture of goodwill to Karma, the Pacific Bank, when aid slots are available, will be sending retirement bonuses to SSSW18 tech dealers so that their forced labor will receive the same pay as volunteer GATO workers. This will ensure that your generous demands will create full economic development for the alliance.

It has also come to the Court's attention that originally SSSW18 was to receive a white peace, like her allies have received to date, but Karma leadership, who approved and signed the instrument of surrender, did not want the fighting alliances to make "unnecessary concessions." The Court rejects this information as nothing but rumor for several reasons; Karma is a spontaneous, organic movement and is a loose coalition of alliances acting independently, not headed by a cabal of nations that approve surrender terms or tell their member-alliances what to do. Having Karmas signatures removed from the instrument of surrender clearly show that there was no influence on sovereign alliances. Besides, if this really was a cabal that had been planning for months to harm Pacifican interests, the Mushroom Kingdom's leader Archon is bound by treaty and honor (the NPO-MK PIAT) to relay that intelligence to us. The fact that this has not happened is proof enough to the Court that there is no pressure on Karma-affiliated alliances to have their surrender terms be approved by foreign nationals.

The Moldavi Youth

Though not required by the Order to fight in the current conflict as they have not taken the Oath of Citizenship, Karma alliances have been attacking scout camps, boarding schools and various instructional academies, putting Pacifican youth in peril. Many cadets have taken it upon themselves to fight back against Karma aggression. When asked if Karma was an appropriate name for an alliance attacking non-Pacificans, a student leader replied "Karma is what drives somsara, the wheel of suffering. I think an organization that seeks to create suffering certainly deserves the name. As for my fellow cadets and me, we will certainly defend our nations from this unwarranted aggression." While the Court is disappointed in Karma's decision to involve nations that are not members of the Order, we are not surprised and will do all within our power to defend cadets from these assaults.

Disavowal of Spy Network

There is currently a rumor that the New Pacific Order has launched a spy network to infiltrate alliances that believe that spying is not an act of war. The Court would like to squash this rumor before it starts, and denies any coordinated spy network. I'm sure the rumor was started to make a point about sovereignty, in that it would theoretically be perfectly fine for the Order to start spying on alliances who believe espionage is not an act of war. The Court affirms that the New Pacific Order would never dream of violating the sovereignty of alliances who would view a spy as a friendly neighbor and considers this matter closed.

Closing

In every generation they rise against us to destroy us. Perhaps because Pacifica's achievements in all fields - culture, technology, science, agriculture, medicine and security are groundbreaking. Our people may be small in number, but great in strength. While the People of the Pacific desire peace, we will always defend our sovereignty. To each other we pledge our lives, our fortune, and our honor.

I pray that the blessing of Almighty Admin may rest upon your counsels.

Sir Paul

Imperial Clerk

New Pacific Order

-----

*We run on Pacific Daylight Saving Time, meaning this was posted on May 1, 2009.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this posted the same time every year? If not, pretty transparent of its nature; actually its pretty transparent either way but I guess NPO needs some sort of poor man's counter against Schatt's TWiP.

Also, not saying that you guys are spying, but who would believe someone who is accused of spying and take their word at face value?

I thought the vox propaganda was funnier but then I might be a little biased.

Well, comparing people in the Cyberverse to the Nazi Party is always funny, so I'd have to agree with you there. Regardless, this is simply my standard three-times-a-year report to the Body Republic, and although the content had to be changed due to recent events, is strictly serious business.

EDIT:

Is this posted the same time every year? If not, pretty transparent of its nature; actually its pretty transparent either way but I guess NPO needs some sort of poor man's counter against Schatt's TWiP.

Also, not saying that you guys are spying, but who would believe someone who is accused of spying and take their word at face value?

Yes. Between August 28 and September 1, all non-essential Pacifican offices close and we restructure our government and come up with goals for the year, which is laid out in the Emperor's speech on the Day of Order (Sept 1). This is given every 4 months: Jan 1, May 1 and the August Revolution (Aug 28).

As for what you believe, I agree. Sir Paul is not being truthful with you. Look, you can't spell "believe" without "lie!"

Edited by Sir Paul

So has SSSW18 been issued a KARMA Viceroy or their forums been taken over as NPO did to GATO?

Also wheres the SSSW18 nations that were in peace mode kept at war?

Edited by BDRocks

Congratulations Mary. Eventually the death star will be turned into a huge botanical garden. Evil Neutral Menace.

Well, comparing people in the Cyberverse to the Nazi Party is always funny, so I'd have to agree with you there.

OOC: Remember the tabloid article you wrote where you compared the Alliance Defense Network to Nazi Germany and Pope Hope to Adolf Hitler? Good times, that was......

Edited by Corinan

Remember the tabloid article you wrote where you compared the Alliance Defense Network to Nazi Germany and Pope Hope to Adolf Hitler? Good times, that was......

What is this "Alliance Defense Network" and "Nazi Germany" you speak of?. Is it some sort of cult on Planet Bob?

honestly, i hold out for the best of pacifica after these times. The NPO needs to realize that their place within Bob is that of a protector not an enforcer. the NPO's fall from grace comes at a point where their society promtotes domination over protection and i hope that this war brings them back to their roots.