SSSW18 Surrenders

I'm surprised so many people believe that the entire point of Karma is to take down a few alliances' NS, declare mutual peace and return to a state of hegemonic monopoly. Mercy and stupidity are concepts with important differences.

I don't know anyone, at least on the non-Karma side that actually believed that for a second.

This war is like every other major war on Bob, a power play with revenge in mind, this one against the ebil, jackbooted NPO that has nearly killed Bob and allowed for no prosperity for any alliance other than itself for years now.

Karma threw plenty of small alliances into the fire to be crushed for their cause, much like they always accused NPO of doing. Karma is crushing plenty of small alliances like SSSW18 for their vengence against Pacifica. It's just the way Bob rolls. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Everyone on here has either been rolled or will get rolled at some point.

It is refreshing that the true reasoning behind Karma is coming out now from several in this thread. I was getting tired of all the peace, love and alliance soverignty to do as they please BS.

Good luck with rebuilding SSSW18, you have been darn fine allies. Hopefully this helps you get back on your feet.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas; unlike the other wars there isnt going to be much left after this one to send you money, that and unlike previous wars theres a fair number of people in a position to say Im not agreeing to those terms Im keeping my tech and cash and if theres a problem oh well I have XXX millions Ill carry on fighting for the next year or so :)

I don't recall saying that wouldn't be a form of justice either, after \m/, GOONS, FAN and company.

I don't recall saying that wouldn't be a form of justice either, after \m/, GOONS, FAN and company.

So you are now admitting you are looking to remove alliances from the game. This very thing that KARMA stated it was against. Hypocrit much just wondering.

So you are now admitting you are looking to remove alliances from the game. This very thing that KARMA stated it was against. Hypocrit much just wondering.
Actually, I'm very much against that. I oppose eternal wars, heavy reps, decommissioning of wonders and all that jazz.

QUOTE (bill n ted @ May 1 2009, 02:56 PM)

Alas; unlike the other wars there isnt going to be much left after this one to send you money, that and unlike previous wars theres a fair number of people in a position to say Im not agreeing to those terms Im keeping my tech and cash and if theres a problem oh well I have XXX millions Ill carry on fighting for the next year or so

^^^^

is that not what you are implying here. Please get it straight. We have heard that we are to expect harsh terms and we never expected anything less. What kills me is that KARMA states they are against it yet, it seems like the rank and file are demanding it.

Edited by Buds The Man

I've lost track personally of who's attacking us. Wouldn't surprise me much if i found out GATO and Golden Sabers had a seat at Valhalla's table come time to settle this.

Lol! I know exactly what you mean. We've been atacked by members of something like 10 or so alliances, with more to come.

Valhalla and TPF must have hurt a lot of folk in the past for there to be this much dogpile already.

QUOTE (bill n ted @ May 1 2009, 02:56 PM)

Alas; unlike the other wars there isnt going to be much left after this one to send you money, that and unlike previous wars theres a fair number of people in a position to say Im not agreeing to those terms Im keeping my tech and cash and if theres a problem oh well I have XXX millions Ill carry on fighting for the next year or so

^^^^

is that not what you are implying here. Please get it straight. We have heard that we are to expect harsh terms and we never expected anything less. What kills me is that KARMA states they are against it yet, it seems like the rank and file are demanding it.

A kid sticks his hand into a hornets nest and gets stung. Does he deserve what he gets? Yes. Do you still want it to happen? No. I feel the same way about you guys and harsh terms.

EDIT: 'A kid' means something entirely different from 'I kid'

Edited by FlakAttack

Rather than admit fallibility, always attack based on statements the other party never made. It will very much increase the likelihood of leniency.

I don't know anyone, at least on the non-Karma side that actually believed that for a second.

This war is like every other major war on Bob, a power play with revenge in mind, this one against the ebil, jackbooted NPO that has nearly killed Bob and allowed for no prosperity for any alliance other than itself for years now.

Karma threw plenty of small alliances into the fire to be crushed for their cause, much like they always accused NPO of doing. Karma is crushing plenty of small alliances like SSSW18 for their vengence against Pacifica. It's just the way Bob rolls. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Everyone on here has either been rolled or will get rolled at some point.

It is refreshing that the true reasoning behind Karma is coming out now from several in this thread. I was getting tired of all the peace, love and alliance soverignty to do as they please BS.

Good luck with rebuilding SSSW18, you have been darn fine allies. Hopefully this helps you get back on your feet.

Everything you just wrote is incorrect.

1) NPO started this war. Their arrogant assault on OV and subsequent retreat to peace mode once they realized OV's treaties would be honored has put them in a position to be held accountable for their actions in the past.

2) Any alliance in Karma came there of their own volition. None of us are crushed, it should be noted. SSSW18 entered this war aggressively, not defensively, and were beaten in a fair fight. There was no rolling involved.

Your definition of how Bob works is now outdated with the dismantling of your rolling machine.

3) The reasoning behind Karma is to hold accountable the alliances that have ruined this world for all but a select few. White peace was given to those who really had made no mistake other than to make a treaty with your side. Peace, love, and sovereignty is what this is all about; after you are no longer a threat, I have no doubt this world will be a better place.

As someone who has posted at length of the need for lenient terms from the Karma side, those in the Hegemony posting here bawwing at the state of affairs are making me rethink my position. Some, who will remain nameless, have spent plenty of time insulting and degrading those of in defeated alliances and flaunted reparations. Now, in the shadow of a colossal defeat, you proclaim that this war has destroyed CN and I will just ride to ZI and war forever? Get over yourselves.

Grow a pair, pay your dues and move on. I am sure you will get your chance at a comeback.

Rather than admit fallibility, always attack based on statements the other party never made. It will very much increase the likelihood of leniency.
tl;dr version of Hegemony alliances in this thread:

We are facing justice and won't get white peace bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Where do you see us asking for white peace. I assure you that I have not. So the baaaawwwwww argument does not hold. I fully expect harsh terms should it come to that, all we are doing is pointing out the fact that KARMA is PEACE LOVE and for a better planet yet they will resort to revenge above their principles.

As someone who has posted at length of the need for lenient terms from the Karma side, those in the Hegemony posting here bawwing at the state of affairs are making me rethink my position. Some, who will remain nameless, have spent plenty of time insulting and degrading those of in defeated alliances and flaunted reparations. Now, in the shadow of a colossal defeat, you proclaim that this war has destroyed CN and I will just ride to ZI and war forever? Get over yourselves.

Grow a pair, pay your dues and move on. I am sure you will get your chance at a comeback.

And those from Karma who continually call for peoples heads are showing that KARMA is nothing more than a conveniant coalition, while some believe in making bob a better place, there are still many who are riding it out for revenge. I have no problem with that but call it what it is REVENGE not just a war to make Bob better.

If you can't spell the sarcasim then...waitwut?

It was a joke sorry and I never said anything about anyones literacy please let the hate go and the logic come back.

Okay, time to sift through this pile of crap.

Congrats to our friends at SSSW18 for the peace agreement..

although the "tech Deal" might slowing you down on rebuilding :)

Yes, tech deals tend to slow nation growth.

Compare:

GGA and Gramlins

Yea... Karma... its beginning to sound like another name for a glorified tech raid.

Congratulations, you've fallen flat on your face! Again!

2) The idea that the term regarding tech deals is some kind of honourable mutual re-growth scheme. Get real, it's punishment for the war. Granted, it's very light punishment, but punishment nonetheless. If it were not punishment, there would be no need for it to be a part of the agreement at all, the alliances involved would simply arrange it at their convenience.

As a matter of fact, I tend to hate it too. But in all honesty (and if you don't believe me, I'll log dump my conversations if my leadership allows me to), myself and a few others were advocating doing something that would help both parties. You see, SSSW18 was a respectable opponent in every aspect, and they deserve to be treated with respect.

QFT. These terms are not a mutual growth scheme. While they are not horrible terms, it's is a joke to try and pass them off as some great thing for both sides. The majority of SSSW18 nations will not benefit from the terms.
Let's see... DT, LSR, etc. get a nice chuck of tech with zero effort. SSSW18 has to find sellers which, hopefully there are enough small nations, so that they don't lose money selling. Also, meanwhile while this whole scheme is happening our larger nations, which really need the tech won't be able to get if from their usual sources. So, uh yeah, it's great for us!

DT, LSR, BH and MOON will all have our big nations buying tech from your little ones. Our normal sources are OUR little nations. Who is to say that you can't buy from them? I'd surely support it.

Well; Im glad Karma isnt hiding behind the "Justice"

And I'm glad to see you're getting yours. You deserve it. :wub:

No doubt. There's a reason why I wanted to get some good friends like SSSW18 out of the war.

TPF and Valhalla won't be getting the same terms. I hope they don't have their hopes up. ;)

SSSW18 are certainly good people. I appreciate the backup you gave me in getting them leniency.

To those who don't believe that this was designed to help all parties rebuild, well, ask SSSW18 in 3 months how the tech dealing effected them. Until then I'd recommend finding truly heinous to cry over.

I'm surprised so many people believe that the entire point of Karma is to take down a few alliances' NS, declare mutual peace and return to a state of hegemonic monopoly.

With a different hegemon?

Yes, that seems like a reasonable theory so far.

Everything you just wrote is incorrect.

1) NPO started this war. Their arrogant assault on OV and subsequent retreat to peace mode once they realized OV's treaties would be honored has put them in a position to be held accountable for their actions in the past.

2) Any alliance in Karma came there of their own volition. None of us are crushed, it should be noted. SSSW18 entered this war aggressively, not defensively, and were beaten in a fair fight. There was no rolling involved.

Your definition of how Bob works is now outdated with the dismantling of your rolling machine.

3) The reasoning behind Karma is to hold accountable the alliances that have ruined this world for all but a select few. White peace was given to those who really had made no mistake other than to make a treaty with your side. Peace, love, and sovereignty is what this is all about; after you are no longer a threat, I have no doubt this world will be a better place.

This one made me LOL.

This war against NPO was happening no matter what particular incident sparked it. Don't pretend there wasn't an active plan to destroy the NPO and Q long before the OV spying incident kicked this off. Speaking of that, OV was spying on NPO, that has been a CB on Bob forever but this time it's "an arrogant assault".

I also have to LMAO at how you are holding accountable alliances that "ruined the world for all but a select few". Wow. So no alliances have been able to prosper on Bob if they weren't NPO or in Q?

What really cracks me up is that the Karma side is made up of several alliances who've rolled many a smaller foe in their day for any percieved slight as well. You realize a good number on the Karma side were in Q just a few weeks ago and were big players in the rolling of Polaris, what I see now as the first strike in the war vs Pacifica. Divide and conquer and all that. Polaris itself is in this fray on the Karma side even if they want to deny it. Ironic considering they, under Sponge were some of the biggest bullies in this game. Maybe they've turned a new leaf under Grub by judging by the threatening post he made in several threads, I doubt it.

As to that peace, love and a better world stuff, my but you are in for a big disappointment. War will continue to be the way on Bob. Smaller alliances will still be ravaged by the larger alliances. There will still be major and widespread conflicts very similar to this one. If not, we might as well all switch to peace mode, decom military and let the flowers grow.

I really don't see why this thread has hit 15 pages. The terms are reasonable. The one thing that's BS is DT's supposed policy of only offering white peace once and that's it.

-Bama

Too lazy to read all the !@#$%^&* trolling. So, I'll just say this: What makes you think we give half a !@#$ about your opinion concerning our terms? Mutually beneficial tech trading insures both sides will recover rapidly and one side will remember not to $%&@ up again. Lessons need to be taught.

So $%&@ you and $%&@ your alliance if you don't love the MOON. We own your !@#$!

o/ MOON

o/ LEO

o/ Orange

Well; Im glad Karma isnt hiding behind the "Justice" or "making CN fair" facade anymore.

yeah giving 90 days for terms that can easily be paid in 30-40 that give SSSW18 a 100 million dollar profit AFTER offering them white peace and getting it declined. Very unjust an unfair, Karma should be ashamed.