SSSW18 Surrenders

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've yet to see white peace hurt an alliance

So you're saying that both sides mutually jump-starting each other is less beneficial than having both sides shake hands, lick their wounds, and start the slow rebuilding process?

I've yet to see white peace hurt an alliance

Tech deals, especially at the standard going rate, help the person sending tech too. Just because these are the first terms that weren't straight up white peace doesn't make them harsh in any way or form.

Oh no something that resembles reps we are all hypocrites I can't be in Karma anymore!

*quits*

And again, I laughed a great deal.

Reparations in the forms of tech deals aren't harsh at all for an alliance. Also suspending treaties for the duration of the conflict would be in SSSW18's best interest. Nothing really to troll here <_<

That's true. We're helping them rebuild in one way, they're helping us rebuild in another. Both sides benefit.

I personally don't see the issue with the tech deals. I'd have loved to see SSSW18 get white peace, but these terms are not particularly oppressive. No, what interests me much more is that these terms had to be approved by Karma leadership. Judging by their reaction to the honorable terms agreed upon by TOOL/FnKa and DT/allies, it would appear that Archon and co. are attempting to prevent Karma alliances from giving up any more... erm... "Unnecesarry concessions". This will assure that Hegemony alliances "get what they have coming to them." :rolleyes:

-Bama

The fact that you "require" it in exchange for peace makes you a monster.

whether the requirement is 100 tech for 3 million or 10,000 tech at no charge it is still a required term

I'm sure if SSSW18 didn't (somehow, this would be impossible though) see the benefit in mutual tech deals, they would have mentioned it in our talks for peace and the terms change.

You sir, however, were not involved in those talks.

All three nations I engaged that belonged to SSW18 (Yevensky, Southern Alliance and Japan1) fought with honor. But let me say this, Yevensky fought like a man possessed and although my alliance defeated yours sir... I could not defeat you and your people.

A magnificent defence sir.

I raise my glass to this peace.

JB

whether the requirement is 100 tech for 3 million or 10,000 tech at no charge it is still a required term

Oh the horror D:

You are making yourself look like a fool. Sorry to offend.

Tech deals, especially at the standard going rate, help the person sending tech too. Just because these are the first terms that weren't straight up white peace doesn't make them harsh in any way or form.

I'll preface this with the following statements:

I am not in SSSW18 government. This is my opinion and mine alone.

This is crap. DT offered white peace only days ago when MOON demanded hundreds of millions in reps. While tech deals aren't technically reps, SSSW18 is being obligated to sell 10000 tech to the alliances within 90 days. It seems that because we didn't bow down quick enough, we get to pay.

Ok think about this why would you not want to do a tech deal,to me this just makes it easier for them to find tech deals and it helps both alliances and last those alliances are paying for the tech

I'll preface this with the following statements:

I am not in SSSW18 government. This is my opinion and mine alone.

This is crap. DT offered white peace only days ago when MOON demanded hundreds of millions in reps. While tech deals aren't technically reps, SSSW18 is being obligated to sell 10000 tech to the alliances within 90 days. It seems that because we didn't bow down quick enough, we get to pay.

If you read the terms, the time limit is flexible. No one expects SSSW18 to do something they can't. This was hammered out during the discussions.

I'm sure if SSSW18 didn't (somehow, this would be impossible though) see the benefit in mutual tech deals, they would have mentioned it in our talks for peace and the terms change.

You sir, however, were not involved in those talks.

True scoop I wasn't involved, if you don't want commentary don't announce it to the world.

When you turn it down the first time you don't get the same offer a second time.

Well, if they turned down a pure offer (I won't claim knowledge), then I can't say it's too surprising the next one, with the war growing more unbalanced, wouldn't be quite as good.

2500 isn't really anything, honestly. The lower-NS nations (just the ones with under 100 tech) ought to be able to churn through that in just about one aid cycle. So that's what, 4 aid cycles for 4 alliances?

On the other hand, I notice no military decom requirements at all. I'm not going to bother checking what kind of nukes/navies/etc SSSW18 has, but that's something.

Edited by Vhalen