SSSW18 Surrenders

I believe you, and these terms are fine with me if they're fine with SSSW18. Tech deals at good prices aren't exactly oppressive. But thank you for understanding that when everyone has been getting white peace, and now terms have to be approved by Karma command and involve reps, it's gonna raise eyebrows.

-Bama

They were offered White Peace, they refused, said they wouldnt go down until NPO does... the next day, TOOL wants peace, and they come to us saying, were gonna be looking for peace soon... hmm.. seems like when theyre help is forced to peace out, and then theyre magically going too even though NPO is still in the fight, so what really raises your eyebrow?

But honestly, who cares?

Each war is different, everyone cant fight everyone else. why dont you guys focus on your own alliance and your own wars/peace thats going on?

Youre all bad at trolling due to there being nothing to troll.

Whats wrong with tech deals? if i was in sssw18's spot, id have no problem with the tech deals. if you guys honestly think these are "harsh" terms, then i guess we can make them decom all military improvements, wonders, and give thousands of free tech, just like the alliances on your side have in the past right? Is that what youre really comparing our "reps" too?

These are only labeled "reps" because thats how CN has coined the term. Theyre just tech deals, alliances do this when they make treaties, you know, have big tech programs, so whats the difference?

"oh boohoo, the terrible DT is helping rebuild the alliance they attacked in war. oh how dare you Karma."

Id be happy to have an alliance help my alliance rebuild after we just fought a good, straight forward honest war.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember other alliances requiring tech sales as terms of surrender, and the world agreed that turning an alliance into a tech farm was a fair, equitable, and desirable outcome for all parties. No one has ever objected to this type of reperation before, so I'm curious as to why it's being objected to now. Forced economic development is good for all!

We informed everyone that the terms would not be same if they weren't accepted the first time. Even on that day it was first discussed with SSSW18 and terms were offered and turned down. When you turn things down then the terms will change. At least this set of terms is a joint venture for both sides to recover. It could of been worse to where only 1 side is paying for everything.

o/ Joint growth

Again, look, I have a lot of respect for DT, and these are fair terms, but you have not displayed the policy described in that post towards all of your enemies during this war. ;)

-Bama

I remember other alliances requiring tech sales as terms of surrender, and the world agreed that turning an alliance into a tech farm was a fair, equitable, and desirable outcome for all parties. No one has ever objected to this type of reperation before, so I'm curious as to why it's being objected to now. Forced economic development is good for all!

ES to \m/ "eternal tech farm"

Kind of leaves a lasting bad taste

ES, much love to ya these days, just saying

Perhaps I can enlighten you to my view. Below are the relevant portions of peace announcements I found in a few minutes of searching. I ask you to find another tech selling requirement.

So none of those alliances are jointly rebuilding with their opponents. Sucks for them, really.

Youre all bad at trolling due to there being nothing to troll.

Death, I'd just like to say, disagreeing =/= trolling.

@Merrie Melodies: This isn't a tech farm. They're selling the tech for a profit, not a deficit.

Edited by MaGneT

name='Brandon Simonson' date='Apr 30 2009, 11:57 PM' post='1490653']

Perhaps I can enlighten you to my view. Below are the relevant portions of peace announcements I found in a few minutes of searching. I ask you to find another tech selling requirement.

So none of those alliances are jointly rebuilding with their opponents. Sucks for them, really.

Death, I'd just like to say, disagreeing =/= trolling.

It was more or less to everyone who is trying to troll this thread, not actually to bama.

Sorry Bama

Is it your opinion that these terms are somehow inhumane, because that is an argument that is hard for anyone to swallow I would think. +They lost, and then a fair deal was hammered out for them to sell some tech to their opponents. I simply do not see why you are fighting this. Hell after the war I am going back to selling tech right beside them to the same exact guys ferchrisakes.

When people start to oppose fair peace terms it only paves the way for harsher ones. I for one, look forward to meeting some of my former opponents on a level deal table as opposed to a sweat shop. SSW18 did well in getting these terms.

My guess is that you have never been on the receiving end of a forced disband or huge unreasonable reps.

JB

My problem is the principle of the thing. Suddenly after our allies are gone, including TOOL (who was focused on DT), we go from white peace to tech deals.That awfully suspicious timing. My question is why? Was it because you knew that we were outnumbered completely or because we didn't bow down and surrender on your schedule?

STOP BEING A SORE LOSER

Apparently that was then.... <_<

I remember plenty of rep terms that I found reprehensible to the core of my being.

This one is equitable for both sides. As are very nearly all tech deal reps.

And...it hurts noone.

Stop trying to do to Karma what [OOC]Bush did to McCain.[/OOC]

Edit: OOC

Edited by Delta1212

The Zenith/NADC surrender was hours after the TOOL surrender. "Karma Command" signed those as well, but the negotiations were handled by the alliances involved.

These terms are more than fair and good to see some alliances benefitting economically both ways during the rebuilding.

Some alliances only got 1 shot at white peace, some had friends on the other side, and some of the winners just didn't feel like dealing with monitoring reps or anything of the sort. All depended on who was involved.

The sigs from Karma have been removed. They were not meant to be there in the first place as SSSW18 isn't surrendering to Karma but to the forces of MOON, DT, LSR and Blackhorse. Sorry for any confusion.

My problem is the principle of the thing. Suddenly after our allies are gone, including TOOL (who was focused on DT), we go from white peace to tech deals.That awfully suspicious timing. My question is why? Was it because you knew that we were outnumbered completely or because we didn't bow down and surrender on your schedule?

You guys should have accepted peace the first time it was offered :P

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, but if it is, most people had no problems with it, as long as it was at a 3mil for 100 tech rate. the 3mil for 150 like I believe GATO was actually does hurt economic development, as alliances cannot grow as fast when they get less per deal than the average tech dealer does.

I believe you, and these terms are fine with me if they're fine with SSSW18. Tech deals at good prices aren't exactly oppressive. But thank you for understanding that when everyone has been getting white peace, and now terms have to be approved by Karma command and involve reps, it's gonna raise eyebrows.

-Bama

The involvement of Karma was valuable, positive, and something we very actively sought. If you want to talk in private I can explain to you the situation and why that was the case.

The terms are fine. There was considerable frustration in the process of getting there. Again something pointless to argue in public. This thread is about peace and putting differences aside.

There's no way a 64 person alliance could swing 2500 tech to each of those alliances in 3 months, you're kidding yourselves with those terms guys

It has been conveyed already but the time table is lenient and will be extended if it looks like they are making any effort whatsoever. Also for your pleasure;

5 tech dealers have 5 slots each = 500 tech sent out for the month each deal. 2500 tech sent out with 5 sellers. Whod have thunk it. You could finish all deals in one month with 20 sellers, 5 slots each. Looking at the alliance there is a plethera of sellers who could use the money to rebuild. God we are so harsh.