Treaty cancellation and DoW

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and abusing the meaning of the word "karma", ...

You're right - the term Karma probably shouldn't be used until NPO has been rolled two or three times and a few of your outer allies have been isolated and forced to disband. Oh and not until you've been forced to comply with multiple rounds of harsh surrender terms.

The only abuse of this word is that most on our side can't imagine truly doing to you what you have done to others for the past years.

Good day.

You're right - the term Karma probably shouldn't be used until NPO has been rolled two or three times and a few of your outer allies have been isolated and forced to disband. Oh and not until you've been forced to comply with multiple rounds of harsh surrender terms.

The only abuse of this word is that most on our side can't imagine truly doing to you what you have done to others for the past years.

Good day.

Thank you for proving my point for me so eloquently.

Karma in its original and purest meaning is a balancing mechanism. It is not a revenge fueled by butt hurt hate.

I do believe retribution is a fitting name as any for your cause-- karma just makes you look overly self righteous and pretentious. Just sayin'

Good night.

I love it how posting a rational, logical argument has increased the ammount of squirming from your side Branimir, it's like you're allergic to those 2 things.

I only had a problem with part of the guys post-- the overly cliche-ish part. I am sorry that it is not allowed to express criticism, and that its now deemed as squirming although I do not know how that could be proscribed to my posts.

Well now, good night.

OOC: Man really tired, cant write no more, lol. Been a pleasure.

Edited by Branimir

GRE on the battlefield is a scary sight. Give 'em hell. Sorry this had to happen to IRON, they've got some great people. I get the feeling they may be seeing MHA soon, too with MADP partner FARK and BFF GRE now locked into battle.

May it be an honorable fight with generous peace terms.

I only had a problem with part of the guys post-- the overly cliche-ish part. I am sorry that it is not allowed to express criticism, and that its now deemed as squirming although I do not know how that could be proscribed to my posts.

Well now, good night.

OOC: Man really tired, cant write no more, lol. Been a pleasure.

ehhh, i just woke up myself and was rather grumpy. Anyway my point was that Matthew wasn't attempting to throw the blame at NPO in his post but rather present a situation and explain his motivation, your post was focused on misinterpreting it as a personal attack on NPO or something.

More then a few people in this thread need to return to grade school and learn some basic reading comprehension.

IRON agreed to waive the cancellation period. End of story. There is no dishonor or shenanigans in what Gramlins did. Get over it.

I think I've broken my nose I just facepalmed so hard.

No, a well played trap of the vengeance vendetta group, glorifying themselves and abusing the meaning of the word "karma", has lead the world into this position. Also I am sure you are not really objecting to the current situation.

Yes, yes, a previously shapeless coalition of loosely-tied alliances forced the New Pacific Order into aggressively attacking a small alliance without adequate justification for doing so. In the midst of negotiations, no less. Then, using our irresistable charm and brilliant trickery, we persuaded the New Pacific Order to beg for peace without informing its ally. To complete the trifecta, we even convinced the New Pacific Order to openly and unashamedly exploit peace discussions to slip a myriad of nations into peace mode, with full intention to maintain its crusade against... wait, what was the casus belli again?

We're just that crafty. Poor Pacifica, being the victims of such exploitation!

In 48 hours?

IRON must have a pretty awesome war machine then.

Either that, or IRON is the second largest alliance in the game. But, you know, odds of at least two to one seem pretty fair to me.

wow, it amazes me that people are still whining about the cancellation clause being waived. If IRON does not care since they waived it, then why, oh why, does the rest of you? How about you grow up, man up, and STFU. sheesh. 18 pages of the same crap spewed forth cuz people just wanna take potshots instead of realizing the truth.

Fark do have a pretty decent supply of allies without treaties to IRON.

The Grämlins have a vested interest in this war, whether you're willing to acknowledge that or not. Their obligation to FARK clearly overrides their NAP with IRON.

I knew it was NPO's fault. We have to be blamed somehow, so that other peoples !@#$ looks less smelly.

I am sorry you had to drop a treaty, ignore the wait period and attack your ex treaty "friends" at IRON. That is so terrible.

But now that I know we forced your hand to do it, it makes sense. As how would the ever honorable Gre do it, if it wasn't the NPO's doing.

That makes sense.

You must have missed my post in the NPO declaration thread.

I would search and link you but forum search is disabled... please browse for it and re-read.

What I have said before, as solely my opinion and not that of my alliance, is that I typically do not fault the NPO for many things but I do fault them for not showing their usual intelligent foresight with regards to this situation. This doesn't make them evil in my book and I never made that claim; I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth. Quite the contrary, I claim that NPO leadership is very intelligent and most often benign. They benefit from the global fear of their war machine and their allies benefit from the friendship of that largest alliance in the cyberverse.

In this case they demonstrated a lapse of judgement which is being capitalized upon and creating circumstances putting our allies (on both sides) in jeopardy. I believe that our actions here are the best course to protect us, our MDoAP allies and our friends in IRON.

Additionally, I believe my concern to be legitimate:

History books demonstrate that the NPO is unlikely to offer as lenient terms as I would prefer. In fact, I contend that it would not be in their best interest to offer lenient terms should they emerge victorious here.

Now, as I said from the beginning, all I have is speculation and my analysis of the situation.

If yours differs then I urge you to present it.