Orbiter on standby.

salithus

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's :wub: GOONS :wub:;

tl;dr Once upon a time, about 4 years ago, a group of yahoos showed up here from something awful and pee'd in bob's cereal

some are still butt hurt, some thought it was pretty damn funny

I, for one, won't let them kill the laughter

look at the last group of post. dip!@#$s arguing about god knows what in a goons thread

WE didn't even do anything yet except say we are here and panties are in a bunch.

Sounds like :wub: GOONS :wub: are real to me

Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games, we got here everything you want in the jungle where we play

snicker snicker

btw I am posting from an institution. I get 5 minutes of internet a day because it helps with my therapy of trying to reconnect

CN is great for that

I remember, I was a GOON myself until got destroyed. But best of luck to the new GOONS. I knew you guys would come back :wub:

Well, from time to time when someone dares to come out of peace mode from the disbanded AA, they get attacked by young nations, serves as training excercise.

Those guys never asked for individual peace though, so I guess they enjoyed it a lot.

You mean, the one guy?

Honestly, I think no one really cared about Goons until this thread here.

They don't concern me, cause zing was done by young nations, and the last I heard from them was during the last failed attempt to get the current protectors to make peace with them.

If the last of those guys moved on, good to hear. But as it is with Goons, them disbanding, or moving on, has proven not to be the last of what you hear of them, as obvious with this thread.

Which is why Goons saying "we disband", we end the 'resistance' is of no real consequence until actual facts make it clear they truly moved away for good.

Because saying you disband an alliance, and then resurface it later doesn't work as a go around of paying the price for the crimes committed.

What are you on about? Are you saying because they could come back one day that you'll always be at war with GOONS? That's stupid.

What are you on about? Are you saying because they could come back one day that you'll always be at war with GOONS? That's stupid.

More like, because trusting Goons when they say "we leave" or "we are done" is something some will not do based on past experiences in this regard.

And while you may disagree with this, there are good reasons why a very careful and cautious approach regarding the truthfulnes of anything said by Goons is indeed advisable.

More like, because trusting Goons when they say "we leave" or "we are done" is something some will not do based on past experiences in this regard.

And while you may disagree with this, there are good reasons why a very careful and cautious approach regarding the truthfulnes of anything said by Goons is indeed advisable.

Well, apparently they have. There hasn't been more than 1 or 2 people flying the black grenade for over a year. Even the NAAC has more people flying their AA, and they disbanded over 2 years ago. The old GOONS is gone. Get over it. This is the new GOONS.

Now, if you would kindly cease and desist from derailing the thread it would be much appreciated.

Edited by cookavich

Penguin, you know that I respect you so very much and I know that you are not a person I would ever expect to say anything but truth. Therefore I accept everything in your statement as true. With respect to that, you must be able to see why this thread has been crapped on so hard. Polaris acted with good intentions, yes. And then you let the NPO come and ruin it. That is a failing on the part of Polar and therefore you will take flak for it. Cooperation with the NPO has always failed and I have no idea why you would expect it to work now. Some of us spent literally years trying to work between the Orders and... well it didn't work out so well did it?

I'm happy to take flak for it if we must. The form you see on these forums is how it made it through, though.

Honestly, I think no one really cared about Goons until this thread here.

They don't concern me, cause zing was done by young nations, and the last I heard from them was during the last failed attempt to get the current protectors to make peace with them.

If the last of those guys moved on, good to hear. But as it is with Goons, them disbanding, or moving on, has proven not to be the last of what you hear of them, as obvious with this thread.

Which is why Goons saying "we disband", we end the 'resistance' is of no real consequence until actual facts make it clear they truly moved away for good.

Because saying you disband an alliance, and then resurface it later doesn't work as a go around of paying the price for the crimes committed.

Alright, since no one else is apparently willing to say this... You are the ODN. No. One. Cares. So what you aren't happy that the NPO and Polar have decided to protect your old enemy returned. No one will do anything about it from within the ODN and no one will bother justifying it to you because your alliance does not matter.

There, done.

Alright, since no one else is apparently willing to say this... You are the ODN. No. One. Cares. So what you aren't happy that the NPO and Polar have decided to protect your old enemy returned. No one will do anything about it from within the ODN and no one will bother justifying it to you because your alliance does not matter.

There, done.

It's not their old enemy. Shilo, get over your prejudices and shock and go actually meet these guys. You don't have anything to worry about.

Well, apparently they have. There hasn't been more than 1 or 2 people flying the black grenade for over a year. Even the NAAC has more people flying their AA, and they disbanded over 2 years ago. The old GOONS is gone. Get over it. This is the new GOONS.

Now, if you would kindly cease and desist from derailing the thread it would be much appreciated.

Now, I believe I never got off topic, but deciding this is not really up to me or you so... :)

That said, I am pretty sure if they prove to be what they say they are, no one will have a problem with them.

Also Random, why am I supposed to care about your comments either?

Edited by shilo

Also Random, why am I supposed to care about your comments either?

Because when I want alliances to die, they die. When I want blocs to form they form. When I want things to happen I make them happen, and succeed all while you make annoying posts here and pretend that your alliance should be consulted on anything save how to betray friends.

Not that you have to listen to me though. Feel free to put me on ignore. I doesn't change my point in regards to your relevance on this new alliance and protectorate.

Because when I want alliances to die, they die. When I want blocs to form they form. When I want things to happen I make them happen, and succeed all while you make annoying posts here and pretend that your alliance should be consulted on anything save how to betray friends.

Not that you have to listen to me though. Feel free to put me on ignore. I doesn't change my point in regards to your relevance on this new alliance and protectorate.

Sorry for truly taking it a little off topic, but it could be an early stage of megalomania here.

I don't mind your opinion about my alliance or my posts, you are free to have one.

No need though to put you on ignore, would be sad to miss your posts, if taken in the right context :P

Regarding the topic: I hope this new Goon alliance proofs to be quite different from its predecessor, maybe they will be what many of us hoped the old alliance would be.

Edited by shilo

Funny. I remember when a few of those alliances in the OP got all pissy and wanted to roll ODN when I, as an ODN Senator, talked to GOONS and invited them to our forums for a chat. Not peace talks, just a chat to clear a few things that needed to be cleared.

Went rooting through the BAPS forums, since BAPS and GOONS had such a long history together so I figured there might be something, and found this:

EDIT: just realised that there are some curses and the like on the image, and since the holder of the photobucket account is no longer with us I've removed it until I get a chance to crop out the sig.

DOUBLE EDIT: work safe version uploaded to a different host: GOONSDisband.png

TRIPLE EDIT: Thanks for the heads up Lamuella

Edited by Lord Emares

Well as far as cheap knock offs go it's ok I guess, if you're so keen to forge your own path and not be like the real GOONS why try to trade off it's name.

Lamuella I'm suprised at you, Salithus not so much.

OOC:

The GOONS name belongs to members of Something Awful dot com, not some bitter ex-governmental members who decided they and by extension all other goons were through with the game.

Besides, it's not like they were using it.

Edited by Sardonic

ODN, the reason that the new GOONS did not approach you as they did others, is because you're pretty much an afterthought.

Edit: found out who Nizzle was and didn't read RI's post which explains in much better terms ODN's lack of any influence.

Edited by Jagged Fel

Well as far as cheap knock offs go it's ok I guess, if you're so keen to forge your own path and not be like the real GOONS why try to trade off it's name.

Lamuella I'm suprised at you, Salithus not so much.

The good times of the old GOONS are gone, and these are a group of friends who want a fresh start for themselves and what they consider the GOONS name.

More power to y'all, I guess. Though you're not what I hoped you to be, best of luck.